Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ruud vs. foster after 4 games « previous next »
Page: 1 2

weinberger83

Starter
: October 05, 2011, 10:48:42 AM

Stats through the 1st quarter of the season

Player             Comb    Total    Assist    Sck    Fumb
Barrett Ruud         27       18          9      0.0        0
Mason Foster.    26       19          7      2.0        1

I was a little happy with the release of Ruud with the Foster signing but I did not think he would beat Mckenzie in the preseason for the starting job but the impact this rookie is having is fantastic.  Especially with the splash plays 

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 05, 2011, 10:57:48 AM

That was the biggest criticism of Ruud. No splash plays. Foster has potential to be a great player in this league.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Madman

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 05, 2011, 11:34:31 AM

Bucs run D is much improved and Mason is a big part of it. Run D is #11 in the league.

Mason is so much more physical than Ruud... it's not even close.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#3 : October 05, 2011, 11:42:28 AM

It wasn't the lack of splash plays that made me glad he was not resigned it was the lack of aggression, and his inability to attack the ball carrier in the hole. He made some quality plays in his time as a Buc, but those plays didn't make up for his lack of aggression. He seemed to play to reactive than most MLB's. Bucs don't beat the Saints in New Orleans last without Ruud causing a fumble near the goaline.

With that said I love the way Foster attacks ball carriers, and his upside is way more than Ruud's.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 05, 2011, 11:48:04 AM

While the stats are basically even, what really stands out to me is that even if they are exactly equal right now, one of them has been in the league for 6 years and the other one is a rookie.

The Shadow

Starter

#5 : October 05, 2011, 12:01:31 PM

The steal of our draft right now and that's saying something. Clayborn and Stocker are doing very well. Can't wait to see what Bowers has but he'll have to earn that. He's easily our best 3rd rounder since Ronde. This draft could look spectacular in 5 years.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 05, 2011, 12:17:01 PM

Player             Comb    Total    Assist    Sck    Fumb
Barrett Ruud         27       18          9      0.0        0
Mason Foster.    26       19          7      2.0        1

The bolded, along with most of Ruud's tackles taking place 8+ yards past the LOS, is why he is no longer on the team.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 05, 2011, 12:46:02 PM

The even more glaring aspect is how gawd awful Ruud has been in coverage this season, which is supposedly his strong suit.  He's given up the 3rd most receptions among MLB's.

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#8 : October 05, 2011, 01:49:59 PM

ruud should take a look at Pat angerer of the colts. An undersized linebacker who plays aggressive and well beyond his 6'0 height.

The Shadow

Starter

#9 : October 05, 2011, 01:55:11 PM

The one thing that can't be argued at this point is production. Foster has outplayed Ruud heads up so far.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 05, 2011, 03:32:23 PM

Who would imagine a MLB who can tackle properly would do better than Ruud?

I mean, we were seeing it all the time. What was there not to notice? Just about anyone was going to produce more at MLB as long as they weren't afraid of contact...Except for Black (he's a doofus).

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 05, 2011, 03:40:39 PM

Foster has only plsyed 2 FULL games. In the future when we speak of Doms genius make sure to mention not paying Ruud. He was crying for a contract for 2 years. And threatened to hold out like Penn.

budster

Practice Squad
#12 : October 08, 2011, 01:04:38 AM

I think we play totally different with Foster. Look how close he is to the line when he lines up. It is like we have 5 in the box,with outside guys are pressing. Rah always had Rudd starting at least 4 yards behind the line. I think with our line getting so much pressure we have changed our scheme. It seems he has Foster run blitz more.

It is like any sport. You change the way you play based on the personal you have. It is all about 1 on 1 match ups. I've played soccer at a pretty high level and this is always what we looked for scouting another team.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#13 : October 08, 2011, 01:06:38 AM

Gonzalez would not have scored that TD on Ruud that he did on Foster.

Capt Kidd

Starter
#14 : October 08, 2011, 01:11:18 AM

Gonzalez would not have scored that TD on Ruud that he did on Foster.

I've finally got you figured out! You like Ruud cuz you know he wouldn't hurt lil Timmy Tebow when he had to run cuz he can't throw! I don't know why we never saw the connection before!!  ;D ;D
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ruud vs. foster after 4 games « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools