Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: After 4 games, McCoy vs Suh « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

: October 05, 2011, 11:14:54 AM

...............tackles...solo...assists...sacks......stuffs
McCoy.......11........10.........01.........01..........02...
Suh............12........08........04.........02..........01...

buchead

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 05, 2011, 11:18:23 AM

I knew this thread was coming. However had Suh been way ahead of McCoy statistically some buc "fan" would have pointed it out already.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 05, 2011, 11:22:29 AM

LOL; I've noted all the hype in the media over Suh so couldn't resist any longer ;D...

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#3 : October 05, 2011, 11:26:38 AM

Here's the only stat that matters to me.

Since both were drafted

Bucs are 13-7
Lions 10-10

Not a huge disparity but only stat that matters is that W!

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

jcm

Second String

#4 : October 05, 2011, 11:40:44 AM

Both players are young and very good. Time will tell which player has the best career but I was impressed with how well Davin Joseph did against Suh.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 05, 2011, 11:44:33 AM

Suh is better than McCoy and probably always will be. However that does not mean McCoy pales in comparison at all. He's pretty damn good and I don't regret us taking him at #3 whatsoever.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 05, 2011, 11:47:14 AM

suh will always be a flashier player.  he will always have more highlights and splash plays.   is suh a better team player, individual player, or both? does that mean he is overall better?

he probably still is, but im certainly not gonna waste my time to break down the film, opponents, and teammates.

we got a great looking young DL.  much rather have our core than theirs.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 05, 2011, 11:55:25 AM

So who is a legitmate comparison to McCoy in the league?

Who is performing on the same  (or better) level?

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

The Shadow

Starter

#8 : October 05, 2011, 12:04:14 PM

I know fans want to compare him to Warren Sapp but he looks like a John Randle clone to me.

Price looks like the Sapp clone.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 05, 2011, 12:07:43 PM

McCoy isn't quite as good as Suh(at least not yet), but the gap is nowhere near as large as it used to be. McCoy isn't having to constantly switch between 5 different positions like he did last season(thanks to actually having some capable players on the d-line for once), and the difference shows.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 05, 2011, 12:13:48 PM

I know fans want to compare him to Warren Sapp but he looks like a John Randle clone to me.

John Randle is exactly right.  Lean, muscular, bottom-heavy, quick.  I don't know where this Sapp stuff comes from.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 05, 2011, 12:18:00 PM

The evil and anti-Buccaneer PFF has McCoy as the 4th best overall DT in the game, behind only Ngata, Raji, and Alan Branch (run stuffer).  They have McCoy as the 2nd best DT vs. the run and 5th best pass rushing DT.  The only negative on McCoy this year is the penalties.  He has the 3rd most among DT's - with Brian Price having the 2nd most.  Gotta clean up the sloppy play, but still remain aggressive.

Dy-nasty D

Starter
#12 : October 05, 2011, 12:21:20 PM

We must have a lot of soothsayers on here with the way they have already, after one rookie season, determined that Suh will always be the better player. Some of this belief is based on limited performance, some of it is based on hype, i.e. Suh's cool name, African roots, size, and nasty demeanor.

Players develop at different rates and Suh came out a year later than McCoy. IMO, the jury is still out.

McCoy is coming on strong. And, he's a Buc.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 05, 2011, 12:35:09 PM

The evil and anti-Buccaneer PFF has McCoy as the 4th best overall DT in the game, behind only Ngata, Raji, and Alan Branch (run stuffer).  They have McCoy as the 2nd best DT vs. the run and 5th best pass rushing DT.  The only negative on McCoy this year is the penalties.  He has the 3rd most among DT's - with Brian Price having the 2nd most.  Gotta clean up the sloppy play, but still remain aggressive.

You must have misread, because PFF is obviously out to get us!!!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 05, 2011, 01:05:23 PM

John Randle is exactly right.  Lean, muscular, bottom-heavy, quick.  I don't know where this Sapp stuff comes from.

McCoy reminds me a lot of Kevin Williams

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: After 4 games, McCoy vs Suh « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools