Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: After 4 games, McCoy vs Suh « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Guy Fontenot

Rookie

#45 : October 06, 2011, 02:57:09 AM

PFF has always been a little harsher on Suh than most.
Yeah, and that's because they look at the whole performance of the player. 

Yeah! Dam those NFL professionals, they obviously have no clue what they are talking about. Only PFF, the amateur fan site that suckers people out of their money has any real clue.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

I can't believe how bad you've been mind-frigged on internet message board.  I'm in there deep, and I'm not even trying to be.

At least PFF seems to do some sort of stats voodoo after evaluating a whole game.  I'm sure others just see the 3 tackles and a sack stat line of Suh, see a bone-crushing highlight, and proclaim his greatness.

As do the most of the  talking heads on ESPN, NFLN, Fox, CBS, etc.  Very rarely do you hear any of those guys point out something like Suh's poor run defense.  Dante Hall is another example.  They were quick to tell you how many interceptions he had last season, but very rarely would you hear anything saying he almost gave up as many TD's as he had interceptions.  It's a cool site that uses new ways to evaluate players, like Football Outsiders was when they first came out.  Of course you have the dullards like Freddy who simple aren't smart enough to understand what they are looking at, so they ignorantly think it's useless information.  The world is full of simpletons.

I think you mean Deangelo Hall.  I agree with what you said about the talking heads.  Suh was basically completely erased from the Cowboys game, yet on NFL Live Merrill Hodge tried to cover this and his lack of stats up by saying the one sack the Lions did get on the day, a simple pass rush from DE Willie Young against Tyron Smith, was caused by Suh.  What!?  He did absolutely nothing on the play.  Romo was just standing in the pocket on that play, not flushed at all.  And then that Jemele Hill chick from ESPN just wrote an article about how Suh is a better draft pick for the lions than Barry Sanders was.  Good Lord... Suh is a good young player with a bright future, but this is ridiculous.  He is 75% hype at this point. (verified statistic)
: October 06, 2011, 02:58:50 AM b_pettinger21

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#46 : October 06, 2011, 06:22:19 AM

Jemele Hill drives me nuts. I see where she is trying to go with this point. But the Lions really didn't take it up a notch until you had a healthy Stafford getting it to Megatron.

In Verner We Trust

freddy

Hall of Famer
#47 : October 06, 2011, 07:39:54 AM

I can't believe how bad you've been mind-frigged on internet message board.  I'm in there deep, and I'm not even trying to be.

Please get over yourself, everyone else has because I'm not obsessed with you little boy. If anything, they way you chase my responses and talk about obsession, maybe you are the one obsessed. I mean if you didn't like it, why not just ignore me like you do the truth so often? There is a difference in obsession and laughing at you, and you sir putz are the joke of these message boards.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#48 : October 06, 2011, 09:02:30 AM

PFF is one of the most objective sites I've found on pro football analysis.  They're the exact opposite of ESPN -- they look at every player on every play of every game and make their judgment on a body of work.  Another site like this is Advanced NFL Stats.  ESPN analysts see Dez Bryant make a touchdown catch, look up his draft status, and load SportsCenter with the highlight -- even if his game as a whole was terrible.  Pro Football Focus is awesome, and I'm bold enough to claim that those who disagree undervalue the role of numbers on a football field.

cncfreak

Rookie

#49 : October 06, 2011, 09:18:51 AM

McCoy isn't quite as good as Suh(at least not yet), but the gap is nowhere near as large as it used to be. McCoy isn't having to constantly switch between 5 different positions like he did last season(thanks to actually having some capable players on the d-line for once), and the difference shows.

+1

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#50 : October 06, 2011, 09:49:34 AM

I think you mean Deangelo Hall.

You are correct.  My mistake, I don't know where the human joystick came from....

PFF is one of the most objective sites I've found on pro football analysis.  They're the exact opposite of ESPN -- they look at every player on every play of every game and make their judgment on a body of work.  Another site like this is Advanced NFL Stats.  ESPN analysts see Dez Bryant make a touchdown catch, look up his draft status, and load SportsCenter with the highlight -- even if his game as a whole was terrible.  Pro Football Focus is awesome, and I'm bold enough to claim that those who disagree undervalue the role of numbers on a football field.

QFT.

ingey1968

Starter

#51 : October 06, 2011, 10:11:43 AM

Two points here

1- McCoy has a good game against  a depleted colts oline and all of a suddejn he is the best Dt in the league. Just stop it. you look like idiots.

2- as far as Suh being erased in the game i will offer this.... On Romos 3rd int, He throws off his back foot. Do you know why he was throwing off his back foot? because Suh had busted up the middle while being held. Detroit gets the ball, They score and game over. if thats being erased then you have no clue about the game of football. the end

PFF has always been a little harsher on Suh than most.
Yeah, and that's because they look at the whole performance of the player. 

Yeah! Dam those NFL professionals, they obviously have no clue what they are talking about. Only PFF, the amateur fan site that suckers people out of their money has any real clue.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

At least PFF seems to do some sort of stats voodoo after evaluating a whole game.  I'm sure others just see the 3 tackles and a sack stat line of Suh, see a bone-crushing highlight, and proclaim his greatness.

As do the most of the  talking heads on ESPN, NFLN, Fox, CBS, etc.  Very rarely do you hear any of those guys point out something like Suh's poor run defense.  Dante Hall is another example.  They were quick to tell you how many interceptions he had last season, but very rarely would you hear anything saying he almost gave up as many TD's as he had interceptions.  It's a cool site that uses new ways to evaluate players, like Football Outsiders was when they first came out.  Of course you have the dullards like Freddy who simple aren't smart enough to understand what they are looking at, so they ignorantly think it's useless information.  The world is full of simpletons.

I think you mean Deangelo Hall.  I agree with what you said about the talking heads.  Suh was basically completely erased from the Cowboys game, yet on NFL Live Merrill Hodge tried to cover this and his lack of stats up by saying the one sack the Lions did get on the day, a simple pass rush from DE Willie Young against Tyron Smith, was caused by Suh.  What!?  He did absolutely nothing on the play.  Romo was just standing in the pocket on that play, not flushed at all.  And then that Jemele Hill chick from ESPN just wrote an article about how Suh is a better draft pick for the lions than Barry Sanders was.  Good Lord... Suh is a good young player with a bright future, but this is ridiculous.  He is 75% hype at this point. (verified statistic)

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#52 : October 06, 2011, 10:34:51 AM

1- McCoy has a good game against  a depleted colts oline and all of a suddejn he is the best Dt in the league. Just stop it. you look like idiots.

And making up arguments makes you look like an idiot.  Nobody said McCoy is the best DT in the league.

And you're ignoring the Atlanta game, although it's pretty clear why.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#53 : October 06, 2011, 10:37:16 AM

Two points here

2- as far as Suh being erased in the game i will offer this.... On Romos 3rd int, He throws off his back foot. Do you know why he was throwing off his back foot? because Suh had busted up the middle while being held. Detroit gets the ball, They score and game over. if thats being erased then you have no clue about the game of football. the end

This is exactly what me and Biggs are talking about.  You tell me that McCoy hasn't performed well when considering his body of work (which isn't true, by the way), and then you anoint Suh the next coming of Cortez Kennedy because of ONE PLAY.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: After 4 games, McCoy vs Suh « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools