Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is no news good news? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: October 06, 2011, 01:59:58 PM

Is there still a chance Tanard Jackson will be reinstated, or is he done? Does Roger Goodell have it in for the Bucs, or is he just too busy to be bothered? A young man would like to get on with his career, and he didn't strangle the life out of a defenseless animal, or. make use of a drug to give himself an unfair advantage playing football. The NFL is not a branch of the judicial system, and TJax is not the only one twisting in the wind here. Common courtesy would be an answer, one way or the other.

Maybe Goodell and Vick have more in common than the NFL. Maybe they both enjoy torture, just in a slightly different form.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 06, 2011, 02:01:12 PM

in this case no news is bad news

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 06, 2011, 02:02:10 PM

No news is bad news. There is obviously a reason that the media hasn't heard when he will apply to be reinstated.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 06, 2011, 02:26:05 PM

I am assuming he is done until it is stated otherwise.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 06, 2011, 02:29:26 PM

Probably could be bad news. However while reading an article about another indefinitely suspended player (johnny jolly) I got a little insight on these situations. Even though a player can be suspended indefinately he still has to show up for testing. Thats apart of the reinstatement program. In Jolly's case he either did not show up for testing or failed a test but the league never reveals what goes on.
 There is a distinct possibility that because of the lockout that no testing went on. I recall several analyst calling the lockout a "free for all" for drugs and banned substances. Being a buc fan, Im hoping that the lockout just threw a monkey wrench in Tanards reinstatement process.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 06, 2011, 02:38:16 PM

Also good or bad the league never reveals any news on these types of suspentions. Its policy.

Hey sparky, Aaron Rodgers actually called out the league and the commish using some of the same points you did. A guy has an addiction and you take his support system away (nfl, teammates are like family) and tell them they arent allowed on the facility. Is just about the worse thing you  can do to anyone with an addiction. Then guys get drunk and drive and kill people, fight dogs , actually serve time in prison but they are welcomed back. Tanard and Johnny Jolly hadn't spent a day in jail but they are bannished.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 06, 2011, 03:37:42 PM

Also good or bad the league never reveals any news on these types of suspentions. Its policy.

Hey sparky, Aaron Rodgers actually called out the league and the commish using some of the same points you did. A guy has an addiction and you take his support system away (nfl, teammates are like family) and tell them they arent allowed on the facility. Is just about the worse thing you  can do to anyone with an addiction. Then guys get drunk and drive and kill people, fight dogs , actually serve time in prison but they are welcomed back. Tanard and Johnny Jolly hadn't spent a day in jail but they are bannished.

I know from personal experience that pot is NOT addictive. I'm not trying to make excuses for this young man. He showed up for at least one workout, reportedly in great shape. That leads me to believe he is attempting to get his life back on track. He needs supervision and support. A commissioner that really cared would see that he got it. Most every family in America has had some experience with pot, and usually it's just a phase young people go through. When enough people in the right position learn about it, it will be legalized and regulated. For right now, a lot of people have to suffer for the ignorance of those few who dictate their will on the masses. Tobacco is legal and truly addictive and pot is not. I had a much harder time quitting cigarettes than I did pot. 25 years clean.

britbuc14

Starter

#7 : October 06, 2011, 03:50:07 PM

i think we all need to accept that offences with drugs are dealt differently than any other crimes. this is a case in point when violent rapists get half the sentence of drug offenders.

shoot yourself with an illegal weapon in a public place and go to jail...whatever welcome back

comit a federal offence and murder defensless animals...pfffft everyone deserves a 2nd chance

get high (possibly as an analgesic) YOU'RE SCUM!!! GET OUT OF THE NFL, YOU DON'T DESERVE TO PLAY THE GAME

maybe those at the top need to adjust their attitudes

Due to the Head Coaching circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned back on. We appreciate your patience.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 06, 2011, 04:40:21 PM

Hey sparky, Aaron Rodgers actually called out the league and the commish using some of the same points you did. A guy has an addiction and you take his support system away (nfl, teammates are like family) and tell them they arent allowed on the facility. Is just about the worse thing you  can do to anyone with an addiction.

With respect to this, I think it's complete and total nonsense.  Reason being, the players in question... WHILE SURROUNDED BY "...his support system away (nfl, teammates are like family) and tell them they arent allowed on the facility." and WAS ACTIVELY DOING DRUGS!!  Apparently, being in that setting wasn't working in the first place.  How can taking them out of that environment hurt?  What, the player get worse?  Well, that's just personal accountability.  If he has that poor of judgement, work ethic, and desire to be clean, then he has no business being in the league.

Note... Buchead, I know you're just posting what someone else said, so I'm not targeting you... just Aaron Rodgers and the line of thinking.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 06, 2011, 05:26:46 PM

You totally missed the point.
 Im sure Aaron Rodgers didnt mean hey let him play then he will be clean. What he was doing was criticizing the punishment process for players with drug problems. The way the league handles players with drug problems is not helping the player get past it. If a guy has a drug addiction, loses his job, what do you think he will be doing with all that free time.... If you look at Johnny Jolly and his issues you can see what Aaron is getting at. Jolly was addicted to a relatively new drug, he was suspended, bannished and now that addiction problem is worse. Being that its not an old school drug like crack, no one really knows how hard it is to kick it. Or even the scientific side effects. Jolly's career is done and his life will continue to spiral out of control.
: October 06, 2011, 05:32:07 PM buchead

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 06, 2011, 05:54:30 PM

Someone please fire that secretary.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 06, 2011, 06:02:36 PM

I personally think there were fishy results, so they're in the process of retesting him. Just pure speculation though, I don't know what else would be taking so long. There should be a yes or no answer by now.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 06, 2011, 06:14:42 PM

No news is good news if it means Tanard isn't coming back.  It means one less guy on the roster that we can never depend on and thus have to keep extra roster bodies around "just in case".  Hopefully next year Talib is gone, too.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#13 : October 06, 2011, 07:52:34 PM

No news is no news. Reading into things and making assumptions is all thats left.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 06, 2011, 08:09:40 PM

You totally missed the point.
 Im sure Aaron Rodgers didnt mean hey let him play then he will be clean. What he was doing was criticizing the punishment process for players with drug problems. The way the league handles players with drug problems is not helping the player get past it. If a guy has a drug addiction, loses his job, what do you think he will be doing with all that free time.... If you look at Johnny Jolly and his issues you can see what Aaron is getting at. Jolly was addicted to a relatively new drug, he was suspended, bannished and now that addiction problem is worse. Being that its not an old school drug like crack, no one really knows how hard it is to kick it. Or even the scientific side effects. Jolly's career is done and his life will continue to spiral out of control.

People know that drugs are bad, dangerous, and illegal before they ever use them.  If they are stupid enough to start, then I have no sympathy for them when they have future problems.  They caused it, they have to deal with the consequences.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is no news good news? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools