Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is no news good news? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

buchead

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 06, 2011, 08:33:46 PM

And thats the leagues position and thats what Aaron has a problem with.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 07, 2011, 02:48:52 AM

You totally missed the point.
 Im sure Aaron Rodgers didnt mean hey let him play then he will be clean. What he was doing was criticizing the punishment process for players with drug problems. The way the league handles players with drug problems is not helping the player get past it. If a guy has a drug addiction, loses his job, what do you think he will be doing with all that free time.... If you look at Johnny Jolly and his issues you can see what Aaron is getting at. Jolly was addicted to a relatively new drug, he was suspended, bannished and now that addiction problem is worse. Being that its not an old school drug like crack, no one really knows how hard it is to kick it. Or even the scientific side effects. Jolly's career is done and his life will continue to spiral out of control.

People know that drugs are bad, dangerous, and illegal before they ever use them.  If they are stupid enough to start, then I have no sympathy for them when they have future problems.  They caused it, they have to deal with the consequences.

Were you 25 years old before your mother allowed you out of the house alone?

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 07, 2011, 03:22:03 AM

He showed up for at least one workout, reportedly in great shape. That leads me to believe he is attempting to get his life back on track.

How do you figure that showing up for one work out equates to attempting to get your life back on track? He showed up daily for practices and games during his tenure with the Bucs but it is pretty obvious he wasn't trying to get his life back on track at the time or he wouldn't be in the current predicament.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 07, 2011, 04:17:21 AM

Im sure Aaron Rodgers didnt mean hey let him play then he will be clean. What he was doing was criticizing the punishment process for players with drug problems. The way the league handles players with drug problems is not helping the player get past it. If a guy has a drug addiction, loses his job, what do you think he will be doing with all that free time.... If you look at Johnny Jolly and his issues you can see what Aaron is getting at. Jolly was addicted to a relatively new drug, he was suspended, bannished and now that addiction problem is worse. Being that its not an old school drug like crack, no one really knows how hard it is to kick it. Or even the scientific side effects. Jolly's career is done and his life will continue to spiral out of control.

People know that drugs are bad, dangerous, and illegal before they ever use them.  If they are stupid enough to start, then I have no sympathy for them when they have future problems.  They caused it, they have to deal with the consequences.

You probably should not lump all drugs together like that. Marijuana, or cannabis as it is properly known, is non-addictive, and non-toxic to the human body. Asprin is more dangerous than cannabis. I agree that the player has caused the problem, and should get no sympathy for causing his own problems. I just don't agree with your assessment of *all drugs are bad, and dangerous.

Marijuana is the least dangerous of all drugs if you ask me, because it is non-toxic. Being in the construction industry, I knew many workers who used cannabis at night for pain relief and were fine to work the next day. Those who chose alchohol and prescription drugs were hung over and in a daze the next day and very dangerous to work around.

In fact, before the pharmacutecal industry took over our drugs policy in America, doctors prescribed cannabis based medicines for pain relief more than they did opiate derived drugs. This was done because it was in the best interest of public health. When you consider the thousands of deaths we incur to this very day from opiate based pain relievers, it's hard to argue against cannabis as a pain reliever. It is legally recognised medicine in something like 14 states. What we need is a national policy to decriminalize it so that people can make safe choices about pain relief.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 07, 2011, 04:18:31 AM

He showed up for at least one workout, reportedly in great shape. That leads me to believe he is attempting to get his life back on track.

How do you figure that showing up for one work out equates to attempting to get your life back on track? He showed up daily for practices and games during his tenure with the Bucs but it is pretty obvious he wasn't trying to get his life back on track at the time or he wouldn't be in the current predicament.

The fact that he was in great shape indicates he has been working out on his own. He wouldn't bother if he had no intention of changing his lifestyle.

If you you removed all of the people from RJS last Monday night who have smoked pot, the stadium would have been very near empty, with nobody there to put it on tv or describe the action. Smoking pot is simply too common to too many to be considered criminal, and as I said before, the NFL is NOT part of the criminal justice system. This is the equivalent of getting fired for too many parking tickets. It's ridiculous. The punishment has already exceeded the crime. It's time to make things right. He's paid his penalty and then some.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 07, 2011, 09:15:16 AM

Good points on weed smoke. Does anyone live in cali? From what I've been told they dont take people to jail anymore. You just get a ticket, like a traffic sitation. 100 bucks. As long as your not riding around with a pound of coarse lol. The cost to put weed smokers in jail with real criminals, feeding them, the court cost, it just clearly wasn't worth it.
 When you look at some of the side effects of all these perscriptions, loss of vision, loss of sight, bleeding kidney/liver, and of coarse the overdoses and addictive nature of most pain killers it makes me wonder how come some of those things aren't illegal.
: October 07, 2011, 09:16:58 AM buchead

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 07, 2011, 09:20:43 AM

Very simplistic and unrealistic view, but hey to each their own.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 07, 2011, 09:25:19 AM

Good points on weed smoke. Does anyone live in cali? From what I've been told they dont take people to jail anymore. You just get a ticket, like a traffic sitation. 100 bucks. As long as your not riding around with a pound of coarse lol. The cost to put weed smokers in jail with real criminals, feeding them, the court cost, it just clearly wasn't worth it.
 When you look at some of the side effects of all these perscriptions, loss of vision, loss of sight, bleeding kidney/liver, and of coarse the overdoses and addictive nature of most pain killers it makes me wonder how come some of those things aren't illegal.

I was reading that Obama is starting to come down on the dispensaries there and have a lot of them closed under federal law. I don't want to get to far off football topic, but I believe a big reason for California's financial issues in comparison to other states may be that they no longer have revenue coming in from weed arrests. When you think about how much people arrested for weed in Florida have to pay in court and probabation costs, and the fact that they are rarely ever jailed, making arrest for marijuana must be a money making venture in most states.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 07, 2011, 10:43:14 AM

THERE IS MUTINY A FOOT!!!!
Tanard is bannished for smoking. Donte Stallworth got DRUNK and DROVE and KILLED A HUMAN BEING and at this very moment he is yucking it up with skip base-less on ON ESPN FIRSTTAKE! gushing about that **CENSORED** bag rex grossman. I turned the dam channel!!!
: October 07, 2011, 10:46:34 AM buchead

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 07, 2011, 02:48:20 PM

Stallworth is getting his 2nd chance... as is Vick.  What number is Jackson on?  Regardless of what Jackson did... whether it's week, crack, coke, LSD... they're ALL ILLEGAL in the NFL drug policy.  DON'T DO IT!!!!  No one is forcing him to do it.  Jackson got busted and the leagues said, "here's your SECOND chance, don't do that again".  Jackson got busted a 2nd time, the league said "here's your THIRD chance, we're warning you... don't do that again." Jackson gets busted again!  The NFL says, "here's a 4 games suspension and your FOURTH chance, don't do it again".  Jackson gets busted AGAIN!!!  The NFL says, "here is a 16 games suspension..."  Now you guys are upset that he might not get a FIFTH CHANCE???  Are you guys really serious?  People who get suspended for drugs (who cares what we/ I call marijuana - it's a part of the NFL Drug Policy equally), get 3 chances before they are even suspended.  Vick missed 2 years, Stallworth missed 1 year... right off the top (jail sentence or not), that's what they got one their FIRST OFFENSE.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 07, 2011, 02:52:12 PM

Were you 25 years old before your mother allowed you out of the house alone?

You're saying that because I didn't succumb to peer pressure and was smart enough to listen to my friends, family, and teachers when they say don't do drugs... that I was sheltered?  LOL  Forgive me for making the right decisions?  I'll try not to do that again.   ::)

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 07, 2011, 02:55:10 PM

Very simplistic and unrealistic view, but hey to each their own.

Some things are that simple.  There is an extremely small number a people who were born into this world addicted to drugs because there mother wasn't smart enough to make the right decisions.  I'm willing to bet that 99% of all people who do illegal drugs, weren't FORCED to do them at gun point.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 07, 2011, 04:35:30 PM

So failing 3 drug test over 4 years is worse than taking a human beings life? You seem to pat the convicted felons on the back whil you act like tanard is the worst guy ever.

britbuc14

Starter

#28 : October 07, 2011, 04:46:36 PM

totally agree with you buchead, felons seem to have a lot more acceptance than drug users

i play football here in the UK (MLB) and i can personally vouch after a game a joint does wonders to ease the aches and pains of using my body as a battering ram for 3hrs.

does this make me a bad person? legally i suppose so but i hold down and good job and provide for my wife and cat, live in a home and see no detriment to my profesional or personal life.

yet society may judge me worse than someone who drinks more than the legal limit and kills someone, destroying the life of the victim and having the same devastating ripple effect on their family and friends.

i just don't get it

Due to the Head Coaching circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned back on. We appreciate your patience.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 07, 2011, 04:53:11 PM

And thats the leagues position and thats what Aaron has a problem with.

The NFL and the NFLPA agreed to this policy originally in 1994. If Rodgers does not agree with the policy he should work with his fellow players to get the policy altered.

There is an aftercare program which those in violation of the policy must follow. There are meetings, counseling and drug testing dates to be met before he's released to "active duty". Chances are, if we ever find out the situation, it will involved missing some of these dates. Tanard's aftercare program is very unlikely to have "fallen apart" during the lockout as the program is placed with an outside source which just would suddenly stop doing what they were supposed to be doing and likely do for more people outside the NFL than they do inside the NFL.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is no news good news? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools