Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stocker out... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 06, 2011, 09:14:11 PM

How about Ed **CENSORED**son, Jimmy Graham, or Aaron Hernandez in the 3rd round of 2010 instead of Myron Lewis?

Or Andrew Quarless in the 5th of 2010? Oh, we traded that 5th to move up a few spots for Benn when it was totally uncalled for....

Or Dorin **CENSORED**erson in the 7th of 2010?

Or Julius Thomas in the 4th, DJ Williams in the 5th, or Virgil Green in the 7th of 2011?

Or Weslye Saunders as an undrafted free agent?

You will get no argument out of me. Myron Lewis just doesn't impress me and hasn't yet. I am waiting for his big game but who knows if that is going to come.

A lot of TE's were out there but Luke Stocker was the consesus 3rd best TE out there besides Rudolph and Kendricks. I like Stocker and I think he will be very good for us. Just got to get past the injuries and need  softer hands.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 06, 2011, 09:16:45 PM

Yeah, I do like the guy. I just think we should have stayed put rather than spend two 4ths. If he had been drafted in those 12 picks before us we could have gone with Julius Thomas, DJ Williams, or Virgil Green. If we absolutely were sold on him and had to move up, at least we could have done it for a 5th or 6th. A future 4th round pick to move up 12 spots in the 4th round just doesn't make sense. The year prior we moved up 3 sports in the 2nd round for a 5th. The year before we moved two spots in the 1st round for a 6th! Even the draft point chart says that moving 12 spots in the 4th is equal to about 20 points....which is the equivalent to a late 6th round pick. We gave up a 4th which is worth around 70 points. Over three times the suggested amount. We must have REALLY liked him.
: October 06, 2011, 09:23:01 PM JDouble

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#32 : October 06, 2011, 09:23:34 PM

Wait.. we traded a future 4th to move up to get this injury prone TE Luke Stocker?

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 06, 2011, 09:26:34 PM

Stocker has obviously been slowed by injuries. He's been a solid blocker when on the field and is a load once he's got the ball. Not nearly as agile or fast as Winslow or even Franklin, but looks a whole lot stronger. Pianalto was injured last week; notsure whether we'll see him this week or not...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 06, 2011, 09:32:24 PM

Glad nobody here is overreacting to the news...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 06, 2011, 10:38:18 PM

I don't think I am over reacting. I've felt that we gave up too much for him all along. In the end this injury will be just a blip in his career. My only real point is that it has not been a good start to his NFL career.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 06, 2011, 10:53:21 PM

Havent we learned Anything from brian freakin price and gerald got dam mccoy?
 Well I guess I should have learned that people on this board change their feelings about draft picks with every good play and every bad play. God forbid Freeman goes on a 4 or 5 game skid. I can hear the calls for Josh Johnson now.
4 games. Do you people understand that there are 1st round picks 2nd round picks 3rd round picks that havent seen the field yet.
: October 06, 2011, 10:58:25 PM buchead

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 07, 2011, 12:31:46 AM

How is it silly? looks like a sentence full of facts to me. I'm not saying he's a bust. Hopefully he ends up being great, but so far he hasn't been.

Hes by far the best blocking TE on the roster and all of his drops but one werent well placed balls. Id expect a more athletic WR or a Winslow type to make those catches, but not a guy like Stocker. He was projected to have to work on his recieving skills from the get go and was considered more of a blocker with potential to develope into a good recieving TE.

about 15% of all 4th round picks ever become starters. Having a good blocking #2 TE for 2 4ths is not a good investment because hes missed all of 0 regular season games?

that is silly.

That was a board position statement. Stocker's been fine and it's going to hurt a bit to have him out.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#38 : October 07, 2011, 12:33:13 AM

I know Pinalto was injured last season and that was a reason he slipped in the draft, maybe his injuries are still lingering. I think he can be special if he can get back to 100%. I was really excited about getting him.

Pianalto has some sort of injury which is why he was inactive last week.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#39 : October 07, 2011, 12:40:46 AM

If they don't get Stocker back soon, the season could be lost.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 07, 2011, 08:22:19 AM

If they don't get Stocker back soon, the season could be lost.
Help me Luke Sky Stocker.  You're my only hope.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 07, 2011, 08:38:48 AM

I need to preface this by saying Dom has been great at drafting, but when he reaches for a player, it hasn't gone well.

We obviously gave up too much for Stocker, but JDub is more right about the Benn mistake. We moved up for a guy who has a learning disability. I've worked with guys with learning disablities. Nothing personal, but you have to re-train them after you take a 15 minute break. Benn just looks lost out there. I hope he is able to someday 'get it'. Stocker looks like a stunt man out there. Hope he has good health insurance. LOL.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

buchead

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 07, 2011, 08:58:28 AM

Benn has a learning disability? What is it? I guess thats part of the reason the team turned their playbooks into apps so players could have them on their phones.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 07, 2011, 09:14:47 AM

I'm withholding judgement on Benn. He looked really good last year before his injury and he has had flashes this year. The fact is that most players with severe knee injuries have an "off" season before they really come back 100%. They say Benn healed faster than expected, but I still don't believe he will be 100% until next season. I think he can be very good for us.

I didn't like moving up for him because it just seemed pointless. Who was going to take him in those 2 picks before us? Golden Tate, Damien Williams, Brandon Lafell, Emmanuel Sanders, Jordon Shipley, and Eric Decker were all still available. It just seemed like a dumb move to give up our 5th that year.

Also, Ben Tate probably would have been the smarter pick. A Blount and Tate tandem would be so ridiculous.

If we had kept that 5th instead of giving up to move two spots for Benn.....we could have used it to draft TE Andew Quarless....but in the end we did end up with Larry Asante who was taken in the 5th, and Desmond Briscoe who was taken in the 6th, so I guess it all worked out. Just seems like we panic once a draft and waste a pick to move up when it isn't smart or even necessary.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#44 : October 07, 2011, 09:41:47 AM

I didn't like moving up for him because it just seemed pointless. Who was going to take him in those 2 picks before us? Golden Tate, Damien Williams, Brandon Lafell, Emmanuel Sanders, Jordon Shipley, and Eric Decker were all still available. It just seemed like a dumb move to give up our 5th that year.

Benn was THE guy Raheem wanted that year at WR.    Mike Williams just lucked out to be great.   Benn was the number one guy they wanted.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stocker out... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools