Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Trade prospect...Dom isnt afraid to trade « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
: October 06, 2011, 08:24:57 PM

Dominik has already done business with the Cleveland Browns....could it be possible we go after a BIG 1-2 Punch at RB?

The Cleveland Plain-Dealer's Tony Grossi believes Peyton Hillis will request a trade ahead of the October 18 deadline.
Grossi says contract talks between the Browns and Hillis are "not going well," and that a trade request is likely the "next step." It's hard to imagine the Browns cutting ties with one of their few offensive weapons, though it's become clear they have little interest in inking their feature back to a lucrative long-term extension. While Hillis and his third agent in four months desperately struggle to maintain leverage, the Browns have little motivation to act on a trade request even if Montario Hardesty looms as a potential replacement.

Signing Blount will obviously be a big priority...but how awesome would it be if we could find our two RB's for the future in Hillis and Blount?

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#1 : October 06, 2011, 08:26:10 PM

man. that would be sick

tailnreds8888

Second String

#2 : October 06, 2011, 08:31:31 PM

Wow, Hillis is a beast. Our run game would be insane  :P

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 06, 2011, 08:43:28 PM

That would be the greatest thing EVER!!! Make it happen Dom please!!!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 06, 2011, 08:49:23 PM

Geez

-------------------------------------------------------

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 06, 2011, 09:26:29 PM

Doubt it.

Unless he WANTS out (which is possible because that place sucks), he's going to stay. Plus he's going to command $ + picks, and that's something normally the Glazers aren't willing to part with. If you believe K2 was worth the last big trade, you probably think this is equal value as well. Plus Blount and JF are up for a pay raise, so that has to be considered as well.

I like Blount too much as a RB to be ok with this sort of trade anyway.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 06, 2011, 09:40:32 PM

It definitely sounds great on paper, but there will probably be a lot of teams looking at him. And as a result, the demand will probably be pretty high. How much are we willing to give up for a guy who is so similar to Blount?

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#7 : October 06, 2011, 09:57:58 PM

Wow, Hillis is a beast. Our run game would be insane  :P

+1

Only problem is that Hillis & Blount have similar offensive games. Hillis is way better catching out of the backfield and can play FB in a jiffy. So they could be on the field together. I'd be all for it but the cost (draft picks) + a new contract would probably deter Dominik from pursuing it.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 06, 2011, 10:14:10 PM

Would be a sick duo but I don't see it happening.

jeanclaud

Starter

#9 : October 06, 2011, 10:48:20 PM

All I hear around here is how we need some speed at RB and now everyone wants to trade for the white Blount? They'll both need new contracts as well, would never happen and if it did would also handcuff us when it comes to getting a dynamic 3rd down back. It's fun to think about but not only will it not happen, but it's also a bad idea.

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#10 : October 06, 2011, 11:19:19 PM

Getting a speed back would be much more beneficial. Having two of backs with the same skill set makes it easy for the defense to game plan for us. The only plus to having two guys with the same skill set is endurance. Have you seen Blount over used yet? Have you seen him Winded?

Doesn't really add much to the team, use the pick it would take to get him to Draft L. James next year.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 06, 2011, 11:19:47 PM

White Blount?

Blount doesn't fumble like Hillis does.  I like Blount, and Blount is proving to be durable and a guy you can give the ball to 20 times a game.  A guy you WANT to give it to 20 times a game.

Hillis will never in any way shape or form be a Buc.

DailyRich

Pro Bowler

#12 : October 17, 2011, 11:56:50 AM

Bumping this because there's a lot of talk flying around that Hillis was held out of the game yesterday not because of an injury, but because he's going to be traded.  He was spotted several times on the sidelines looking absolutely fine and with a sort of amused look on his face while the offense was on the field.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 17, 2011, 12:01:32 PM

Browns would be stupid to trade him. They said he had a hamstring injury. But who knows the truth to it.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#14 : October 17, 2011, 12:01:58 PM

This is not Madden it's real life, this will never happen.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Trade prospect...Dom isnt afraid to trade « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools