Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Trade prospect...Dom isnt afraid to trade « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucD

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 17, 2011, 10:20:59 PM

FTR the Spann signing has been confirmed... http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-1/A-Flight-to-Remember/49f59913-015a-4fdd-b523-bbbd5ea65de0 (scroll to the bottom)

With the trade deadline tomorrow...it's being put out there that Jerry Jones is taking offers for Tashard Choice and the Bucs are one of the teams calling.  Usual trade deadline rumor stuff....but we'll see tomorrow.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 17, 2011, 10:22:09 PM

why dont we try trading for a secondary player instead? i dont like Biggers as out nickel; now a days your nickel is pretty much a starter with the way offenses spread you out now

I have to say that I agree....we need another Aqib-esque CB....but with a mentality of #5...that way you know he wont be using human beings as target practice.....well no one comes to mind like that who would be on the trading block...so nevermind.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 17, 2011, 10:25:48 PM

FTR the Spann signing has been confirmed... http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-1/A-Flight-to-Remember/49f59913-015a-4fdd-b523-bbbd5ea65de0 (scroll to the bottom)

With the trade deadline tomorrow...it's being put out there that Jerry Jones is taking offers for Tashard Choice and the Bucs are one of the teams calling.  Usual trade deadline rumor stuff....but we'll see tomorrow.

I call B.S...the reason being....Felix Jones has notbeen healthy for one full game this season and for the 5-6th time left the game vs. the Pats yesteday with an injury and may be out for a few weeks. That leaves Choice and Demarco Murray...and Choice is a fan favorite...but I will tell you this...I have no clue why...he is a complete idiot. He is a youtube clown and seems like he would be a distraction.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 17, 2011, 10:35:37 PM

They also have Phillip Tanner (who I love) and Jerry Jones has made comments comparing him to a young Emmitt Smith. Felix Jones, Demarco Murray, and Phillip Tanner make Choice very expendable.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 17, 2011, 10:43:12 PM

They also have Phillip Tanner (who I love) and Jerry Jones has made comments comparing him to a young Emmitt Smith. Felix Jones, Demarco Murray, and Phillip Tanner make Choice very expendable.

Felix cant stay healthy...and Tanner is the Cowboys version of Kareem Huggins in the sense that he is a stud in the preseason but cant contribute on Sunday games(that matter anyway)

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 17, 2011, 10:49:37 PM

How is that? He is a rookie that has been #4 on the depth chart. He hasn't even had the chance to contribute on Sundays yet. It's not like a 3rd year guy that can't seem to make it on the field. Jerry Jones is obviously higher on Phillip Tanner than he is Tashard Choice.....and he should be. Tanner is a beast. Choice is average.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 17, 2011, 10:55:45 PM

Tashard Choice >>>> Kregg Lumpkin

Would really like the trade if it were to happen...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 17, 2011, 11:00:17 PM

Tashard Choice >>>> Kregg Lumpkin

Would really like the trade if it were to happen...

I agree there. I don't think Choice is great or anything, but I'd take him over Lumpkin. It's not a huge upgrade in my mind though, and we just signed Chad Spann...so I wouldn't give up anything more than a late round pick for him. Maybe a 6th.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#38 : October 17, 2011, 11:04:11 PM

He'd be my Choice if it happens! Sorry, couldn't resist.

In Verner We Trust

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 17, 2011, 11:06:36 PM

How is that? He is a rookie that has been #4 on the depth chart. He hasn't even had the chance to contribute on Sundays yet. It's not like a 3rd year guy that can't seem to make it on the field. Jerry Jones is obviously higher on Phillip Tanner than he is Tashard Choice.....and he should be. Tanner is a beast. Choice is average.

Just realize that you are quoting JERRY JONES on how he feels about a player. The same Jerry Jones who with his magic GM powers and has had a great track record over the last 15 years...o wait. You would be hard pressed to find another "GM" who has hurt his team more than Jerry Jones and the countless missteps he has had. Jerry has made made 1 great move since being owner...Hiring Jimmy Johnson and letting hime bring in and draft who he wanted...but Jerry couldnt stand that and his pride got the best of him....if he hadnt fun JJ out of town Dallas could have won 6 Super Bowls in the 90's. They have not been the same since Jimmy was bringing in players...Switzer won with JJ's players.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#40 : October 17, 2011, 11:15:15 PM

Doesn't matter if you think Jones is a bad talent evaluator. The point is he makes the decisions and he loves Tanner. Choice is expendable.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 17, 2011, 11:20:26 PM

Tashard Choice?

Not unless Batterin Graham goes down.  Which is possible.

If that happens, the BUcs are in deep isht.

Lump is nothing special. 

Funny though, a guy like Lump could look at a guy like Graham and be inspired though.  Graham toiled for many many years, and slowly earned my love for being a complete teammate, and a pretty good football player.  Lump would be best suited following a guy like earnest around, IMO.

Tashard Choice is no great shakes, but he has flashed that he belongs in the league for certain.  The only capacity he is suited for that role, insofar as I know from watching him, is as a backup, which is exactly what the Bucs are looking for.

For a 7th, I wouldn't mind.  Prob is, Bucs play the Scumboys this year, and has detailed knowledge of their scheme.  I am sure Jerrah knows this, and will only entertain offers from certain suitors.  Notably those that are not on his sched.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 17, 2011, 11:20:51 PM

Haven't heard much since Felix was felled by a high ankle sprain. The Cowboys might be backing off their trade idea.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 17, 2011, 11:22:37 PM

The Cowboys could use a guy like Hillis, IMO.

Don't be supreezed if that is what happens.

Jones is a baller, but the dude is the finest china.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 17, 2011, 11:24:18 PM

Doesn't matter if you think Jones is a bad talent evaluator. The point is he makes the decisions and he loves Tanner. Choice is expendable.

It 100% matters if he is a bad talent evaluator...since you are using his opinion on how good Tanner's talent is...and as someone who almost is forced to watch every Cowboys game....Choice is better than Tanner. If they trade choice it would be dumb...and if they do pull the trigger on that move...its because Choice is a locker room distraction...not because of his Talent.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Trade prospect...Dom isnt afraid to trade « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools