Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Trade prospect...Dom isnt afraid to trade « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#45 : October 17, 2011, 11:27:38 PM

Tashard Choice?

Not unless Batterin Graham goes down.  Which is possible.

If that happens, the BUcs are in deep isht.

Lump is nothing special. 

Funny though, a guy like Lump could look at a guy like Graham and be inspired though.  Graham toiled for many many years, and slowly earned my love for being a complete teammate, and a pretty good football player.  Lump would be best suited following a guy like earnest around, IMO.

Tashard Choice is no great shakes, but he has flashed that he belongs in the league for certain.  The only capacity he is suited for that role, insofar as I know from watching him, is as a backup, which is exactly what the Bucs are looking for.

For a 7th, I wouldn't mind.  Prob is, Bucs play the Scumboys this year, and has detailed knowledge of their scheme.  I am sure Jerrah knows this, and will only entertain offers from certain suitors.  Notably those that are not on his sched.

Choice wouldnt make much sense for us...he is essentially what 2011 Caddy Williams is. Just a straight up downhill runner with no amazing "shakes" like you said and no top end speed.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#46 : October 17, 2011, 11:45:51 PM

Doesn't matter if you think Jones is a bad talent evaluator. The point is he makes the decisions and he loves Tanner. Choice is expendable.

It 100% matters if he is a bad talent evaluator...since you are using his opinion on how good Tanner's talent is...and as someone who almost is forced to watch every Cowboys game....Choice is better than Tanner. If they trade choice it would be dumb...and if they do pull the trigger on that move...its because Choice is a locker room distraction...not because of his Talent.

I'm not using Jerry jones' opinion to judge Tanner's talent. You misunderstood. I love Tanner because I formed my own opinion from watching him. The kid is a beast.

The only reason I mentioned Jerry Jones' comments was because you said all the Cowboys had other than Choice, was Jones and Murray, so Choice would not be traded.....and that isn't accurate. My point was Jerry Jones thinks very highly of Tanner and therefore he has to be considered into the Cowboys RB depth when discussing whether Choice is expendable. It doesn;t matter if Tanner is a complete turd. Jerry Jones loves him and therefore Choice is expendable. They don't need or want 4 RBs on their active roster.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#47 : October 18, 2011, 12:03:54 AM

Doesn't matter if you think Jones is a bad talent evaluator. The point is he makes the decisions and he loves Tanner. Choice is expendable.

It 100% matters if he is a bad talent evaluator...since you are using his opinion on how good Tanner's talent is...and as someone who almost is forced to watch every Cowboys game....Choice is better than Tanner. If they trade choice it would be dumb...and if they do pull the trigger on that move...its because Choice is a locker room distraction...not because of his Talent.

I'm not using Jerry jones' opinion to judge Tanner's talent. You misunderstood. I love Tanner because I formed my own opinion from watching him. The kid is a beast.

The only reason I mentioned Jerry Jones' comments was because you said all the Cowboys had other than Choice, was Jones and Murray, so Choice would not be traded.....and that isn't accurate. My point was Jerry Jones thinks very highly of Tanner and therefore he has to be considered into the Cowboys RB depth when discussing whether Choice is expendable. It doesn;t matter if Tanner is a complete turd. Jerry Jones loves him and therefore Choice is expendable. They don't need or want 4 RBs on their active roster.

Understood...although I do disagree that it would make sense for them to hang on to 4 RB's because of the health issues with Felix and even DeMarco Murray...I'll say also that Choice just wouldnt make much sense on our roster cause of his running style.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#48 : October 18, 2011, 12:31:09 AM

Hillis will not be a Buc... We have Blount, Graham, Lumpkin, and now Spann... This trade wouldn't make any sense... Unless they've received word that Blount's injury may end his season...

Lumpkin and Spann don't even factor into the equation because they suck.

Trade them Blount as part of the deal and it makes a helluva lot of sense.   Huge upgrade from Blount to Hillis.   Trade them Blount and a draft pick for Hillis and the Bucs would have a steal.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#49 : October 18, 2011, 02:55:52 AM

Tashard Choice is a locker room distraction? Because he's funny and has a personality? He's a great teammate who would definitely help our team. He'd immediately be our fastest RB. Earnest put up a great game for us against the Saints, but I really doubt that we're going to re-sign a 33 year old RB to this young team no matter how good he does for the rest of the season. If we did make a deal for him we'd probably give up a 7th rounder. I say we try to do that, then draft a Sproles-type early in the draft next year (hopefully Ronnie Hillman or LMJ). This would give us a very good 3 RB rotation.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#50 : October 18, 2011, 09:57:31 AM

I think Maretellus Bennett is an interesting prospect for the Bucs but I think we only see waiver wire adds this year.

I agree. Every since he came to Dallas, the dude has been exponentially overhyped and was expected to produce Witten-like number becuase of his athletic ability. The dude is a monster, but he and Romo have never put it together on the field. I think with a fresh start and with Free throwing him the ball...it could be a favorable situation for us and he could open some things up for K2.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#51 : October 18, 2011, 10:00:16 AM

This is not Madden it's real life, this will never happen.

+1

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Trade prospect...Dom isnt afraid to trade « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools