Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does UF have a chance against LSU? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Runole

Hall of Famer
: October 08, 2011, 08:16:56 AM

Probably not but  and they will probably be blown out again like they were against Bama.

JMO but I think LSU is being hyped far too much.

I just can't agree that LSU has a great defense when they give up over 500 yards to West Virginia.

UF has an excellent defense and with a few turnovers LSU might start to not match its current overblown hype. 

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 08, 2011, 11:46:48 AM

With a backup Freshman QB? Not much of a chance. LSU has a very tough D, comparable to Bama's. LSU has an ok running game and their QB is not nearly as good as Bama's. McCarron is one of the smartest QBs in college and he just doesn't make mistakes.

I don't think UF will win, but they will keep it closer than the Bama game.

I think in a few weeks Bama will eat LSU's lunch

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 08, 2011, 04:26:14 PM

This is getting bad

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 09, 2011, 10:34:49 AM

2 things-

1. The LSU-Bama game IS the National Championship game.

2. Florida can go back t a chant we used frequently in the 70s- "Wait till NEXT YEAR!!"

Runole

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 09, 2011, 12:24:31 PM

Well either UF is much worse than I thought or LSU is much better than I thought..  OUCH!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 11, 2011, 02:34:25 PM

the UF fsu game is setting up to be a doozy.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 11, 2011, 10:19:32 PM

Runole maybe you should keep your mouth shut about LSU unless you watch them week in and week out.  Had you seen any of their games (Oregon, Mississippi State, West Virginia and now Florida) you would realize that LSU is THAT GOOD.  In fact, this might be one of the best defenses LSU has ever had and maybe one of the better defenses in the SEC in many years.  This sounds odd saying especially when you see no Patrick Peterson, Kelvin Sheppard and Drake Nevis but this defense is crazy good.  Geno Smith is a good QB, West Virginia has very good skill people at WR and although I was disappointed in 500 yards passing this secondary gave up the game was never that close so it is just a number.  Lemme put it to you like this, this defense is so good that Mario Edwards (you know the son of Mario Edwards, ex CB FSU) is visiting LSU for the Auburn game and I have some inside info that he will be a Tiger with OU being a close second.

While at it I also hear that Jameis Winston might be backing out of his verbal and LSU is very much in the picture, as is Alabama.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 11, 2011, 10:20:55 PM

Name ONE other team that has played the schedule LSU has and DOMINATED the way LSU has.......

Alabama - yeah right
Oklahoma - nope
Boise State - LOL
Wisconsin - nope
FSU - LMAO

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 12, 2011, 04:37:56 PM

LSU has easily been the most impressive team in College Football this year.  It's not even debatable.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 14, 2011, 12:33:06 PM

Name ONE other team that has played the schedule LSU has and DOMINATED the way LSU has.......

Alabama - yeah right

I'd say Bama has played a fairly tough schedule. @Penn St, Ark, @UF- Yes, LSU has had a tougher schedule, but you can't dismiss Bama's as a joke.

We will all find out Nov 5th

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 16, 2011, 12:23:58 AM

Never said Bama's schedule was a joke but nowhere near what LSU has played so far. Penn State is a joke, Arkansas is good and Florida is Florida no matter who they have at QB but when you compare the total schedule LSU has played the toughest schedule.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 16, 2011, 11:47:33 AM

Alabama's been dominate vs the 31st ranked schedule this season.
LSU's been dominate vs. the 10th ranked schedule this season.

Edge goes to LSU right now.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 16, 2011, 12:00:18 PM

UF v Auburn...what an offensive explosion.

Has a first year coach ever had such a disastrous casualty list? Now the kicker is out. No QB, no Demps, short 2 WRs, injuries in the DBs, DE Powell is out, and now no kicker.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 16, 2011, 02:34:43 PM

rough stretch for UF. the way both teams are playing i expect the UF-FSU game to be an epic pillowfight. our offense will score points, our defense will keep you in the game because we cant stop people on 3rd/4th down. cant tackle people on the permeter. might an epic shootout.

i cant even call a winner

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 17, 2011, 11:19:09 AM

rough stretch for UF. the way both teams are playing i expect the UF-FSU game to be an epic pillowfight. our offense will score points, our defense will keep you in the game because we cant stop people on 3rd/4th down. cant tackle people on the permeter. might an epic shootout.

i cant even call a winner

If they played this week the mascots would be QBing, but by Thanksgiving I expect Manuel vs Brantley which makes it a much better game.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does UF have a chance against LSU? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools