Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hayes SUCKS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Madman

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 09, 2011, 09:05:55 PM

Did you see him just shuffle out of the lane as Frank Gore ripped up the middle for 20+?  I actually laughed out loud, I couldn't believe it.

I saw that as well. Couldn't believe it! Hayes actually jumped out of the gap to let Gore run through it for 20 yards.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 09, 2011, 09:20:32 PM

hes played badly in some games and well in others. hes a 5th round pick. what do you want.

Someone who plays better than a 5th round pick. Asking too much?

well you cant blame him then. hes a 5th round pick. hes not going to get redrafted. he is what he is. if you want someone better then you draft someone better.

i just dont see why everyone whines about it. its not draft time so you cant replace him at the moment. there isnt a single other person to put in his spot right now. quincy black is hurt and is way worse than hayes and its not even debateable. adam hayward is a special teams guy and a depth player and thats it. so for better or worse, hayes is the guy

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 09, 2011, 09:27:52 PM

The thought that Hayes sucks I would agree with.

Not sure using this game to single him out is the best use of that thought.

I agree. I am never keen on blaming one player for anything. It's a team sport, and our entire team was responsible for this loss. However, if it takes the blatant stuff to get people to realize that all the TFL's in the world don't mean squat if you can't do the fundamental things right, then so be it. Hayes can hit, but he can't tackle. He can run fast, but he can't cover. He's the ultimate feast or famine type player, and more often than not, we go hungry. He would excel as a rotational guy, but he is not an every snap player. Hopefully, more people will start coming to their senses about the guy.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 09, 2011, 09:32:28 PM

I agree. I am never keen on blaming one player for anything. It's a team sport, and our entire team was responsible for this loss. However, if it takes the blatant stuff to get people to realize that all the TFL's in the world don't mean squat if you can't do the fundamental things right, then so be it. Hayes can hit, but he can't tackle. He can run fast, but he can't cover. He's the ultimate feast or famine type player, and more often than not, we go hungry. He would excel as a rotational guy, but he is not an every snap player. Hopefully, more people will start coming to their senses about the guy.

i agree about the feast or famine comment. when he feasts its great. when its famine well......... i think alot of this is coaching. i mean, im not making excuses for him but hes not the only one that cant tackle. these guys try to make the highlights reel with big hits instead of fundamentals. this team cannot tackle consistenly. they just need to wrap up/gang tackle instead of trying to knockout players. we dont need amazing plays everytime. id rather get fewer splash plays and be fundamentally sound than get what we have

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 09, 2011, 10:54:17 PM

Did you see him just shuffle out of the lane as Frank Gore ripped up the middle for 20+?  I actually laughed out loud, I couldn't believe it.

I saw that as well. Couldn't believe it! Hayes actually jumped out of the gap to let Gore run through it for 20 yards.
He was scared. He saw a 4.44 230 RB come at him and folded. We need physical players not a bunch of **CENSORED**cats.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 09, 2011, 10:57:28 PM

hes played badly in some games and well in others. hes a 5th round pick. what do you want. like i said he obviously is the reason we lost.

i guess you know more than the coaches obviously. if you have nothing better to do than complain you might as well save your time. **CENSORED**ing on the internet is getting you nowhere.

better yet. go be a fan of another team. you bring nothing to this board
I want the coaching staff to realize he's not a STUD. This fanbase is tired of him trying to finally emerge into this "star" he was suppose to be after only playing at an elite level for a month of a season when Morris took over for Bates. I'm a die hard Buc fan, I have every right to point out to this liabilities. This needs to be known, otherwise, I wouldn't have created this thread. Obviously, your feelings are hurt because your an FSU fan but you just gotta accept the fact that the days of producing quality NFL LBers at FSU are dead and gone.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 09, 2011, 11:00:35 PM

I'm just SICK of people that are like every year like "no keep Hayes he still has potential", he's only 24", etc...yeah three years later you show no development? Time to turn the page and this fanbase needs to realize this team is in DIRE need for a WLB. Damn, how lovely would it be to pick-up Durant or Tulloch over these bummy linebackers in Black and Hayes?

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 09, 2011, 11:02:49 PM

Hayes is whack. Time to make an investment at linebacker.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 09, 2011, 11:03:36 PM

He's really the type of guy who should be the super ST player who is given a contract for a long time because of that ability. He can run and hit. Two qualities that serve covering kicks well.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 09, 2011, 11:18:38 PM

He's really the type of guy who should be the super ST player who is given a contract for a long time because of that ability. He can run and hit. Two qualities that serve covering kicks well.

Exactly. And used as a situational reserve. People blasted me then, and I'm sure they will now as well, but the best option this team had this offseason was to re-sign Ruud and play Foster at WILL. Ruud was a veteran leader, which we now do not have, a good coverage LB, which we now do not have, and Foster would bring a big, physical, and most important, fundamentally sound presence to the outside. If you don't think our LB corps would have been better had we done that then you are just being willfully blind at this point.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#25 : October 09, 2011, 11:30:37 PM

you guys are putting all the blame on Hayes and the entire D got man handled..you guys are a bunch of ignorant idiots

GayRobot

Starter

#26 : October 09, 2011, 11:33:45 PM

I'm just SICK of people that are like every year like "no keep Hayes he still has potential", he's only 24", etc...yeah three years later you show no development? Time to turn the page and this fanbase needs to realize this team is in DIRE need for a WLB. Damn, how lovely would it be to pick-up Durant or Tulloch over these bummy linebackers in Black and Hayes?
In his defense he is only 24 but yeah I agree a replacement should be addressed next offseason and keep him as a backup.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#27 : October 09, 2011, 11:36:06 PM

hes played badly in some games and well in others. hes a 5th round pick. what do you want. like i said he obviously is the reason we lost.

i guess you know more than the coaches obviously. if you have nothing better to do than complain you might as well save your time. **CENSORED**ing on the internet is getting you nowhere.

better yet. go be a fan of another team. you bring nothing to this board
I want the coaching staff to realize he's not a STUD. This fanbase is tired of him trying to finally emerge into this "star" he was suppose to be after only playing at an elite level for a month of a season when Morris took over for Bates. I'm a die hard Buc fan, I have every right to point out to this liabilities. This needs to be known, otherwise, I wouldn't have created this thread. Obviously, your feelings are hurt because your an FSU fan but you just gotta accept the fact that the days of producing quality NFL LBers at FSU are dead and gone.

bro. WTF are you talking about...that's exactly what the 49ers fans were saying about A. Smith and look he has his team 4-1...so STFU Hayes wasn't the only 1 get killed out there...look at Barber he got done all game by Davis ..but i bet some of you are going to give him a pass cuz of his age..well try and do the same for Hayes he's only 23 still a kid

Bradspace

Pro Bowler

#28 : October 10, 2011, 12:01:45 AM

you guys are putting all the blame on Hayes and the entire D got man handled..you guys are a bunch of ignorant idiots

I doubt anyone thinks Hayes was the difference between a win and a 45 point loss, but the guy is awful.  Anyone that watched him in college should have seen how erratic he is on the field.  I can't believe I'm the only FSU fan on here that was surprised he made the final roster his first season with the Bucs.  If this team hadn't needed replacements at nearly every position when Dom took over there is no way on this planet that Geno would still be starting.  The guy will never be fundamentally sound, or understand his role in a defensive system. 

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#29 : October 10, 2011, 12:29:20 AM

I wish somebody like Stephen Tulloch was a free agent this past summer....
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hayes SUCKS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools