Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hayes SUCKS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 10, 2011, 12:58:44 AM

hes played badly in some games and well in others. hes a 5th round pick. what do you want. like i said he obviously is the reason we lost.

i guess you know more than the coaches obviously. if you have nothing better to do than complain you might as well save your time. **CENSORED**ing on the internet is getting you nowhere.

better yet. go be a fan of another team. you bring nothing to this board
I want the coaching staff to realize he's not a STUD. This fanbase is tired of him trying to finally emerge into this "star" he was suppose to be after only playing at an elite level for a month of a season when Morris took over for Bates. I'm a die hard Buc fan, I have every right to point out to this liabilities. This needs to be known, otherwise, I wouldn't have created this thread. Obviously, your feelings are hurt because your an FSU fan but you just gotta accept the fact that the days of producing quality NFL LBers at FSU are dead and gone.

bro. WTF are you talking about...that's exactly what the 49ers fans were saying about A. Smith and look he has his team 4-1...so STFU Hayes wasn't the only 1 get killed out there...look at Barber he got done all game by Davis ..but i bet some of you are going to give him a pass cuz of his age..well try and do the same for Hayes he's only 23 still a kid
You're clueless. What part of I'm not talking about JUST TODAY don't you comprehend? Do I need to spell things out for a guy that acts like he wears a helmet?

buchead

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 10, 2011, 03:42:06 AM

Detrimental, you have to take anything xBucsx 4 xeVax says about Geno with a grain of salt. You see, shortly before the season he went on a rant and got into it with sevral posters about Geno. He said everyone was wrong about him and by years end Geno would be our best linebacker. He then promised to bump the thread and force us to all eat crow and recognize how great Geno is. So if he seems a little touchy about Geno sucking huge truck nuts just forgive him. Long after Geno is gone and he is a situational player elsewhere, we can expect a I told you so thread created by him every time Geno makes a "splash play".

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 10, 2011, 05:50:01 AM

In case y'all didn't notice, it wasn't just Geno Hayes. The niners had a gameplan that included locking down our LB'ers and Ronde Barber. They executed it perfectly, and exposed our young Dline, and suspect secondary. They went after those guys and it worked perfectly for them.

As far as LB'ers, Watson got burned twice for long passes(one pass interference penalty) and Mason Fostor was totally neutralized. Geno was probably our best LB against SF, so I'm not sure why everyone is tripping.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#33 : October 10, 2011, 05:51:42 AM

Foster was by far the worst linebacker on Sunday.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 10, 2011, 05:59:50 AM

Foster was by far the worst linebacker on Sunday.

No doubt about it. I thought he got lost on the way to the stadium. Watson got burned in coverage, but he made some nice tackles when nobody else could seem to. I think he saved a TD by catching Ginn from behind once.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 10, 2011, 08:03:44 AM

Everyone, and I mean every played bad!!!

At least Black showed up by jumping offsides on the first drive. I wonder exactly why he shows blitz so early on EVERY blitz.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 10, 2011, 09:25:15 AM

Hayes didn't have the worst game, but it seems like he doesn't have the consistency to be a long time starter at WILL.  I think the opening post should have been phrased in such a manner.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#37 : October 10, 2011, 09:29:17 AM

The linebackers as a unit played the worst of any unit. ALL of them were atrocious. They got physically and mentally beaten to a pulp. Looked like Hayes, Foster, Watson and Hayward all completely quit on the team. I wouldn't mind them outright releasing Watson, Foster and Hayes after yesterday. However they will stick and continue to get killed because there just isn't anyone available to take their place.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 10, 2011, 09:34:10 AM

At least Foster is a rookie. I'm not surprised he played badly. He was due. The biggest problem with him is that everyone here was so sure he was going to be the answer to all of our problems on defense. Clearly not the case, and clearly not his fault. He will be fine. He's the only LB on this roster who will be fine, IMO. It's time to stop relying on the practice squaders and late rounders to fill our roster. You can only go to the well so many times before it dries up.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 10, 2011, 09:37:05 AM

At least Foster is a rookie. I'm not surprised he played badly. He was due. The biggest problem with him is that everyone here was so sure he was going to be the answer to all of our problems on defense. Clearly not the case, and clearly not his fault. He will be fine. He's the only LB on this roster who will be fine, IMO. It's time to stop relying on the practice squaders and late rounders to fill our roster. You can only go to the well so many times before it dries up.

I agree and disagree.

It is a waste of resources to burn a 3rd round pick (Black) on a SAM LB, while Watson still has room for growth, and wasn't a high draft selection.  On the other hand, the Bucs probably will need to invest in a high draft selection for a WILL. Hayes is serviceable in spurts, and a good backup to have, but it seems he is lost in the wash too much to be a starter. 

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 10, 2011, 09:51:38 AM

I agree and disagree.

It is a waste of resources to burn a 3rd round pick (Black) on a SAM LB, while Watson still has room for growth, and wasn't a high draft selection.  On the other hand, the Bucs probably will need to invest in a high draft selection for a WILL. Hayes is serviceable in spurts, and a good backup to have, but it seems he is lost in the wash too much to be a starter.

In Tampa we've been programmed to think that the SAM isn't that important a position because in the Dungy/Kiffin Tampa 2 it wasn't. In other 4-3 schemes, Raheem Morris' included, that's not really the case. The SAM is a much bigger part of what Morris does on defense than what Bucs fans are accustomed to. That's why Black was given a butt load of money this offseason. I don't have a problem with the resources used on the SAM, I have a problem with the person they were used on. Black has never done anything on the field to warrant that kind of money. We should have looked elsewhere, or offered him less and took the chance on losing him.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 10, 2011, 09:55:37 AM

$4 million was all it took to get this guy:

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 10, 2011, 09:56:36 AM

There isn't a single 4-3 defense in the league that the SAM is that important from what I have seen.  Whether the Bucs play under, or over front, the SAM is the last place I want to see the Bucs use resources.  You are correct that using cap space on Black was a colossal mistake by the organization. 

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 10, 2011, 11:09:15 AM

There isn't a single 4-3 defense in the league that the SAM is that important from what I have seen. Whether the Bucs play under, or over front, the SAM is the last place I want to see the Bucs use resources. 

Plenty of 4-3 teams divert significant resources to the SAM. Chad Greenway in Minnesota, James Anderson in Carolina, Justin Durant in Detroit, just to name a few off the top of my head. I am a strong believer that you need at least two solid LB's to run a good 4-3. Where they line up isn't as important as how good they play.

You are correct that using cap space on Black was a colossal mistake by the organization.

Absolutely.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 10, 2011, 11:18:18 AM

I am a strong believer that you need at least two solid LB's to run a good 4-3. Where they line up isn't as important as how good they play.
This.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hayes SUCKS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools