Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When the beat down is so brutal even the other team tries to encourage you... « previous next »
Page: 1

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

: October 10, 2011, 06:16:02 AM

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/as-bad-a-loss-as-tampa-bay-buccaneers-have-ever-had/

"They were really frustrated," San Francisco tight end Vernon Davis said. "I mean, I felt like they gave up. That's what I saw. I was trying to tell, I think it was Barber, 'Get your guys, get your guys. Y'all got to play harder. Y'all got to play harder.' "

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : October 10, 2011, 08:00:29 AM

Don't worry, the players play hard at the end of the season for Raheem.    It just seems they don't at the start of the season.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 10, 2011, 08:05:12 AM

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/as-bad-a-loss-as-tampa-bay-buccaneers-have-ever-had/

"They were really frustrated," San Francisco tight end Vernon Davis said. "I mean, I felt like they gave up. That's what I saw. I was trying to tell, I think it was Barber, 'Get your guys, get your guys. Y'all got to play harder. Y'all got to play harder.' "

Your link doesn't work so there no way to tell if this was in the first quarter or with 2 mins left in the fourth quarter.

I see nothing wrong w/ packing it in when you're down late in the game -

There are other battles to win later in the season.  You just have to move on.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 10, 2011, 08:20:45 AM

They were looking ahead to New Orleans. If they win that game, they'll be atop the NFC South...

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 10, 2011, 08:28:23 AM

In a lot of sports, players let up if they get so far behind that it would be impossible to come back.  Sometimes the opponent lets up and doesn't run up the score.  Sometimes its best to guard against injury, and back off.  I have no problem w/ the Bucs doing that - as long as it wasn't early 3rd quarter.
: October 10, 2011, 08:37:14 AM morgan

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 10, 2011, 08:36:17 AM

injuries are more likely to happen when you aren't playing hard.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 10, 2011, 08:37:30 AM

It's too bad the Colts didn't give up in 2003 like the Bucs did Sunday.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 10, 2011, 08:39:02 AM

injuries are more likely to happen when you aren't playing hard.

I've heard that a lot....maybe that's why so many Buc players were being carted off the field.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 10, 2011, 06:59:12 PM

hope they see the Niners again in the playoffs
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When the beat down is so brutal even the other team tries to encourage you... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools