Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why is this team so prone to blowout losses? « previous next »
Page: 1

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

: October 10, 2011, 07:29:24 PM

It's one thing to lose. This is the NFL. Most games are close. The best coaches only win between 55-60% of their games. But the Bucs under Morris have seemingly been more prone to blowout losses than your average team.

week 3 vs NYG
week 5 @ PHI
week 7 vs NE
week 11 vs NO
week 14 vs NYJ

week 2 vs PIT
week 6 vs NO

week 1 vs DET
week 5 @ SF

That's 9 games out of a total of 37, or 24%. Why can't these Bucs keep it closer?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 10, 2011, 07:40:59 PM

Youth, Slow starts, and poor coaching adjustments.

And in those regards, this team has not improved since 2009.

It's a problem.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#2 : October 10, 2011, 07:41:47 PM

Low character from the players. A lot of quitting.

Sello

Second String

#3 : October 10, 2011, 07:51:51 PM

uh we had the ball with the chance to tie detroit at the end and ran out of time I hardly can consider that even close to a blowout

blackthoughtz

Starter

#4 : October 10, 2011, 08:02:05 PM

Lol we didn't get blown out by detroit at all...you people I swear..... and this guy prowl is such a f'n whiner its annoyin....go shoot yourself please

\\\"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.\\\"

Larry Brackins

Starter
#5 : October 10, 2011, 08:08:27 PM

Posting the games from 2009 is dumb as hell. We got blown out  5 times in 2009 because we sucked. Detroit must have been the first blowout in football history where a team had a chance to tie at the end.   

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 10, 2011, 08:14:12 PM

Detroit dominated our asses in the first week of the season. That score was an illusion and you ALL know it.

I have to be honest here... I'm one of the biggest homers about my team... but I'm scared here. I've never seen anything like what I saw yesterday. That was not a good sign and it's real apparent that the issues start with coaching on this team, and we have shown we don't have the ability to adjust. I don't know what's to come, but I really don't have a good feeling. Yesterday felt a lot like 2009.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#7 : October 10, 2011, 08:17:17 PM

Detroit dominated our asses in the first week of the season. That score was an illusion and you ALL know it.

I have to be honest here... I'm one of the biggest homers about my team... but I'm scared here. I've never seen anything like what I saw yesterday. That was not a good sign and it's real apparent that the issues start with coaching on this team, and we have shown we don't have the ability to adjust. I don't know what's to come, but I really don't have a good feeling. Yesterday felt a lot like 2009.
We lost to the Raiders 45-0 the year we went to the NFC Championship under Dungy. It happens. Move on.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 10, 2011, 08:42:44 PM

Don't compare this team to the 99 team.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 10, 2011, 09:03:19 PM

I felt a blow-out coming. I thought it would happen in one of the Saints games though. I didnt think the 49ers had the talent to do what they did.

I mean look at how the team was playing the first 4 weeks...sloppy, penalties galore, always looks unprepared and lost for half the game, Freeman's throws are really off, and the playcalling is some of the worst I've ever seen. There is no identity. There is no creativity. There doesnt ever seem to be a gameplan. It seems the team goes out there and wings it for awhile and then decides to go with whatever seems to be working.

That would explain why we seem to be able to make such great comebacks against bad teams. We let them build a lead in the first half giving them a false sense of security that their gameplan is working so they dont change anything. Then we come out and start going with what's working, and by then it catches that team off guard and they can't adjust before the game is over. But against good teams, good coaches, and veteran teams....this strategy fails. That's why we can't beat a winning team.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 10, 2011, 09:26:57 PM

Too many kids - nothing the know will work - when they prove to themselves they are a good NFL team they will be.  Hasn't happened yet, the trust isn't there yet.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 10, 2011, 10:13:50 PM

I'd consider a blowout a loss of 17+ or more.  We were dominated by the Lions, for sure, but when we have the ball on the opponent's side of the field with a chance for overtime in the final minute...

... I wouldn't say we were "blown out."

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 10, 2011, 10:31:40 PM

Detroit was not a blow out. Not even close.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 10, 2011, 10:36:33 PM

Coaching has been poor to start games and play calling has been atrocious a lot of the time. Its the only explanations because you can't deny the talent on this team.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#14 : October 10, 2011, 10:51:04 PM

Yesterday was not some sort of weird anomaly for this Yucs team. Poor coaching, young, and they gave up early yesterday. VERY poor character from the top to the bottom.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why is this team so prone to blowout losses? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools