Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This loss helps long run « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

: October 11, 2011, 12:53:25 AM

Many see this loss vs the 49ers and make it seem like the worst in the history of the bucs. It makes me laugh because this team is the youngest in the league and still learning how to play and win at this level. That loss vs the 9ers to me was actually a good thing in the long run. They need to make mistakes and they need to have teams make them pay for those mistakes. Actually the slide by wins actually hurt the team more than this win does. How so?? Well in this loss you get the opportunity to see what is very wrong with your football team. It lets you see your weaknesses in a clear fashion. If Dominik saw a second of this football game he sees what he needs to do for the future. Raheem gets to see something to correct now early on in the year vs the end of the year. It makes us a better team in the long run. Even if teams keep exploiting a weak area Dom will have a clear area to improve next offseason. That makes your team better. Mike Williams and Josh Freeman see this tape and learn a few things. You just hope they care enough to improve on them. Knowing those two the last offseason they will. The team has so much talent but just needs to learn. They are the youngest team in the league. You dont just learn these things without making the mistakes first.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 11, 2011, 10:49:37 AM

We needed a hard beat down to get rid of the idea that it's okay to fall behind early in games because we have Freeman. If this didn't wake us up i'm afraid it won't happen this year.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 11, 2011, 11:02:42 AM

If you mean 2012, I might agree.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 11, 2011, 11:07:33 AM

We lost a game by 31 points in 2009. Did that help us in the long run?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 11, 2011, 11:12:33 AM

That was 2007, and no.

It only helps in the long run if it reveals weaknesses otherwise hidden in the team. I thought 2 linebackers got exposed pretty badly, so if we go find new ones next year than yes.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 11, 2011, 11:16:34 AM

My bad - I meant 1997. I thought you were talking about the Jets game.

We dropped Bates as DC in 2009 after the loss - I think that was a positive, and the numbers after the firing back it up. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 11, 2011, 11:21:37 AM

That was 2007, and no.
2009 Week 11  Nov 22 L 38-7 vs New Orleans Saints 

It only helps in the long run if it reveals weaknesses otherwise hidden in the team. I thought 2 linebackers got exposed pretty badly, so if we go find new ones next year than yes.
I'm pretty sure every team weakness was evident before 3 days ago.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 11, 2011, 11:22:54 AM

If you're going to go with a draft-only mentality and you have already traded away your fourth-round pick for a tight end that can't stay on the field, I can't see how this is a good thing. This only extends the 'this is a young team; they are developing' excuse. It gives me little hope for 2012 and if a GM hasn't given you hope by his fourth season, his plan is flawed and he needs to be replaced.

In Verner We Trust

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 11, 2011, 11:24:59 AM

That was 2007, and no.
2009 Week 11  Nov 22 L 38-7 vs New Orleans Saints 

I'm pretty sure every team weakness was evident before 3 days ago.

Really? I'm pretty sure you pointed out things you thought were weaknesses in the offseason that Dominik didn't agree with. Just because you see it doesn't mean the team sees it.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 11, 2011, 11:28:42 AM

Really? I'm pretty sure you pointed out things you thought were weaknesses in the offseason that Dominik didn't agree with. Just because you see it doesn't mean the team sees it.
Well duh. But if a professional football executive who thinks about his team 24 hours a day 365 days a year needed a 45 point loss to see weaknesses he didn't know existed 3 days eariler, he's got bigger problems.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 11, 2011, 11:52:39 AM

We lost a game by 31 points in 2009. Did that help us in the long run?

I find it difficult to flame you properly when you have an actual picture of yourself as your profile picture. Please make the appropriate changes so I can continue to be demeaning when appropriate without guilt. Thanks in advance, BucNY

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#11 : October 11, 2011, 12:00:59 PM

Mason Foster really got exposed in that game.  Other than getting rid of Barrett Ruud being a mistake, what did they learn?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 11, 2011, 12:05:38 PM

well lets see.  Morris isn't a good HC or a good DC.  McCoy is injury prone.  We really did need a back up RB.  Talib is overrated.  Hayes sucks.  Olson sucks.  Freeman isn't elite.  Mike Williams isn't a #1....

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 11, 2011, 12:09:45 PM

oh and I almost forgot.  we should have drafted Megatron and Suh.  And Tim Tebow rulez.
: October 11, 2011, 12:11:58 PM Skull and Bones

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 11, 2011, 12:15:50 PM

This loss was needed as the last few wins gave a false sense of how to win in the NFL consistently.  You can't have penalties galore, and trail most of the game expecting to come back...this is the NFL.

I am optimistic that this will force a radical change on offense, which was sorely needed.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This loss helps long run « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools