Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This loss helps long run « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 11, 2011, 12:16:28 PM

well lets see.  Morris isn't a good HC or a good DC.  McCoy is injury prone.  We really did need a back up RB.  Talib is overrated.  Hayes sucks.  Olson sucks.  Freeman isn't elite.  Mike Williams isn't a #1....

That's a lot to learn in one game. I wonder if you are jumping to conclusions on some of these?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 11, 2011, 12:20:41 PM

The blowouts have happened against good teams, which is why it is not a worrisome trend.  Meanwhile, the Bucs beat the teams they are supposed to beat, which is why they are still a .500 ball club.  I predicted this would be the case back in August, so why people are surprised baffles me.

It is also clear, that as more times goes on, and the Gru/Allen rejects are cleared out the frequency of these blowouts are diminishing.  Look at the number of blow outs in 2009, 2010, and 2011 and compare as the trend is a declining one, which is consistent with a team adding talent and experience.

Everyone has short memories but the 2009 season was littered with blow outs.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 11, 2011, 12:20:59 PM

Really? I'm pretty sure you pointed out things you thought were weaknesses in the offseason that Dominik didn't agree with. Just because you see it doesn't mean the team sees it.
Well duh. But if a professional football executive who thinks about his team 24 hours a day 365 days a year needed a 45 point loss to see weaknesses he didn't know existed 3 days eariler, he's got bigger problems.

Yeah, but you get don't get 365 days worth of games. You get 16, and for some players not even that.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#18 : October 11, 2011, 12:22:09 PM

The loss was deflating for the entire season - it looked like the Bucs were making progress this season, but now it really looks like the 2009 season when Leftwich was QB. I really don't look forward to going to RJS this Sunday -

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 11, 2011, 12:23:43 PM

it looked like the Bucs were making progress this season

It did? When?

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#20 : October 11, 2011, 12:26:01 PM

After the first loss this season - during their three game winning streak.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 11, 2011, 12:26:22 PM

The point differential in 2009 was -156.  In 2010, +23, and now in 2011, with the recent loss skewing the number -38.  It is clear this team is nowhere as bad as the 2009 team, but they are clearly not a good as the 2010 team as of right now.  Still, plenty of games left to improve to the 2010 point differential level, or even surpass.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/tam/

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 11, 2011, 12:29:49 PM

The point differential in 2009 was -156.  In 2010, +23, and now in 2011, with the recent loss skewing the number -38.  It is clear this team is nowhere as bad as the 2009 team, but they are clearly not a good as the 2010 team as of right now.  Still, plenty of games left to improve to the 2010 point differential level, or even surpass.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/tam/

To be fair, after 5 games last season the differential was -28.

I can't say I'm surprised that the number of people overreacting to the loss....but....I'm surprised at the number and the level of their overreaction.  I mean we have Morgan talking about the loss was deflating for the entire season.  That's absurd.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 11, 2011, 12:40:30 PM

Mason Foster really got exposed in that game.  Other than getting rid of Barrett Ruud being a mistake, what did they learn?

They learned that the sentiment that Ruud leaving would be addition through subtraction was a bunch of nonsense. Tennesee is ranked 10th against the run. We're 22nd. Who's fault is it now?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 11, 2011, 12:42:29 PM

Mason Foster really got exposed in that game.  Other than getting rid of Barrett Ruud being a mistake, what did they learn?

They learned that the sentiment that Ruud leaving would be addition through subtraction was a bunch of nonsense. Tennesee is ranked 10th against the run. We're 22nd. Who's fault is it now?

Before the 49ers game, the Bucs were in the top ten in rush defense, so I think you are jumping to conclusions too quickly.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 11, 2011, 12:43:43 PM

well lets see.  Morris isn't a good HC or a good DC.  McCoy is injury prone.  We really did need a back up RB.  Talib is overrated.  Hayes sucks.  Olson sucks.  Freeman isn't elite.  Mike Williams isn't a #1....
Well said.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 11, 2011, 12:58:23 PM

Before the 49ers game, the Bucs were in the top ten in rush defense, so I think you are jumping to conclusions too quickly.

Not really. They are a top 10 run defense who allowed their 1st 100 yard rusher of the season in week 5. Bucs fans said that would be impossible for us to do with him here. Guess it's not. Guess he wasn't the problem after all. So who is the problem? Simple enough question.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 11, 2011, 01:10:46 PM

Well first, since you're using YPA, the Bucs are 20th not 22nd.  Now let's look at this addition by subtraction "bunch of nonsense" for both Tampa and Tennessee.

Bucs

With Ruud in 2010:  31st in rush defense (YPA)
W/O Ruud in 2011:  20th in rush defense (YPA)

Titans

W/O Ruud in 2010:  7th in rush defense (YPA)
With Ruud in 2011:  10th in rush defense (YPA)

Imagine that.  Tampa's getting better and Tennessee's getting worse.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 11, 2011, 01:13:36 PM

Yeah playing the Barrett Ruud card is just silly right now. He's not a Pro Bowler. He's not a difference maker. And losing him didn't hurt us. We have many many holes right now. But Mason Foster's spot isn't one of them.

In Verner We Trust

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#29 : October 11, 2011, 01:14:47 PM

The Bucs are basically bottom feeders. We beat the team with losing records and for the most part, get our asses kicked when we play a legitimate team. Sunday was an embarrassment and if our professional football players and coaches needed that loss, then we are in worse shape than I thought.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This loss helps long run « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools