Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Tebow Named Broncos Starting QB « previous next »
Page: 1 2

NYC Bucs Fan

Starter

: October 11, 2011, 11:35:41 AM

John Fox has named Tim Tebow the starting QB going forward in Denver.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7087660/tim-tebow-replaces-kyle-orton-denver-broncos-starting-quarterback
: October 11, 2011, 11:40:49 AM PRPatrol

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 11, 2011, 11:42:14 AM

At least it's time to put up or shut up. If he plays well and becomes a franchise QB for
Denver - great. If he sucks - oh well. Just get it over with already.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

NYC Bucs Fan

Starter

#2 : October 11, 2011, 11:50:33 AM

WTH, why was my thread title changed?  Really didnt think it was that bad...

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 11, 2011, 11:54:59 AM

why is this an issue for bucs fans?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#4 : October 11, 2011, 11:57:12 AM

He should have been the starter all along.   So much for people saying he wouldn't play this year.   

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 11, 2011, 12:05:12 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7087660/tim-tebow-replaces-kyle-orton-denver-broncos-starting-quarterback

Good to hear, I would like to see him get a good opportunity in the NFL. And I hate the Gators.

Quote from: NJ Bucs Fan
WTH, why was my thread title changed?  Really didnt think it was that bad...
Rules 2 through 5, the PR Patrol probably had their choice of those. I would just be careful and not call out fellow board members, especially with suggestive elements like yours initially had.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 11, 2011, 12:16:58 PM

CHAMPIONSHIP

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#7 : October 11, 2011, 12:29:57 PM

hope he does well. He has so many haters, I'd like to see him hand out crow for dinner.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 11, 2011, 12:33:18 PM

Never heard of him. Is he good?

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 11, 2011, 02:22:04 PM

Never heard of him. Is he good?

The BEST!

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 11, 2011, 04:25:44 PM

He should have been the starter all along.   So much for people saying he wouldn't play this year.

He should have been. They spent a mid 1st round pick on a QB and aren't going to start him? Flat out dumb if you ask me (unless they were worried about his ability at the NFL level. They were worried about his arm movement).

At least find out if he has it or doesn't. Why just toy with him like that? I say start the bum and see if he's worth the pick. Besides, it couldn't be any worse than who they've had out there.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 11, 2011, 05:23:09 PM

He should have been. They spent a mid 1st round pick on a QB and aren't going to start him? Flat out dumb if you ask me (unless they were worried about his ability at the NFL level. They were worried about his arm movement).

At least find out if he has it or doesn't. Why just toy with him like that? I say start the bum and see if he's worth the pick. Besides, it couldn't be any worse than who they've had out there.

See what you have and cut bait if he blows.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#12 : October 11, 2011, 05:27:06 PM

Let the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes begin.......

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 11, 2011, 06:10:56 PM

See what you have and cut bait if he blows.

Exactly right. They already put their eggs in one basket when they signed him in the first. I don't think he'll be anything great, but he has heart to play the game and is probably stubborn enough for them to pull out the knock-down-drag-out close score games.

Either way, they chose to go that route with Tebow and should've followed up by starting him and finding out if their investment was worth it. Granted, the UF offensive players normally have a little trouble adjusting to the NFL because of UM's non-pro based playbook. So maybe it was them wanting "sitting time", instead of him getting killed automatically? Who knows.

As for me, I would have thrown him out there asap and let him take his lumps.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 11, 2011, 06:20:16 PM

BUT, BUT I THOUGHT HE WAS THIRD STRING GUYS. OR FOURTH, THAT'S WHAT PFT SAID...

Looks like all those moronic rumors were just that, as I've said all along. Brady Quinn is awful and just because Fox experimented with him as the backup doesn't mean he was ever actually the backup.

I expect Tebow to have a solid amount of success. He'll look very bad at times, sure, but nearly every time he's played in the NFL the good has outweighed the bad. He finds ways to move the ball and score, regardless of how unconventional those ways may be. His mechanics will definitely cause him issues here and there, but I expect his ability to run the ball quite effectively to outweigh those issues. Definitely worth a look in fantasy too since he's going to get his fair share of rushing TDs.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Tebow Named Broncos Starting QB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools