Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Tebow Named Broncos Starting QB « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Hate

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 11, 2011, 06:26:05 PM

He should have been the starter all along.   So much for people saying he wouldn't play this year.

He should have been. They spent a mid 1st round pick on a QB and aren't going to start him? Flat out dumb if you ask me (unless they were worried about his ability at the NFL level. They were worried about his arm movement).

At least find out if he has it or doesn't. Why just toy with him like that? I say start the bum and see if he's worth the pick. Besides, it couldn't be any worse than who they've had out there.

See what you have and cut bait if he blows.

Exactly right. They already put their eggs in one basket when they signed him in the first.

The current regime wasn't responsible for that error and has no obligation, other than Orton's suckage, to play him.

-------------------------------------------------------

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 11, 2011, 07:05:57 PM

He should have been the starter all along.   So much for people saying he wouldn't play this year.

He should have been. They spent a mid 1st round pick on a QB and aren't going to start him? Flat out dumb if you ask me (unless they were worried about his ability at the NFL level. They were worried about his arm movement).

At least find out if he has it or doesn't. Why just toy with him like that? I say start the bum and see if he's worth the pick. Besides, it couldn't be any worse than who they've had out there.

Exactly right. They already put their eggs in one basket when they signed him in the first.

The current regime wasn't responsible for that error and has no obligation, other than Orton's suckage, to play him.

Yup, but Elway has been up Tebow's butt for a while now. He's nearly always been a part of that org. Big voice there/Maybe problem.

Nonetheless, Tebow WAS picked up by their guys at the time, and that doesn't get the ownership and current coaches off the hook. They should do something to at least get his trade value back up, get him to just flat out play well, or just cut ties if they aren't going to own up to the purchase of a first round QB. I see what your saying hate, but they still have to do something with Tebow, not just bench him. Not when they used a first to do it. Something has to be reclaimed from the owners and their fans perspective.

People there are clamoring for him to play. I say give them what they want, if he fails, they can just go by the old addage of "we know what's best for you" from there on out.
: October 11, 2011, 07:10:49 PM Benchwarmer#1

Hate

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 11, 2011, 07:35:04 PM

The GM and coach that picked Tebow are long gone..... and Elway was not a part of the organization at the time. What r u talkin about??

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 11, 2011, 07:40:36 PM

The GM and coach that picked Tebow are long gone..... and Elway was not a part of the organization at the time. What r u talkin about??

That is correct but he is there and Orton is sucking... May as well see what he's got. No ties

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 11, 2011, 07:47:44 PM

That is correct but he is there and Orton is sucking... May as well see what he's got. No ties

I thought Elway was a Gannon-like presence over there? I also meant that the ownership has to recoup that pick, not just current coaches. Maybe I didn't say that right. My bad.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 11, 2011, 07:48:04 PM

No doubt, Orton's suckage is the only reason Tebow should see the field.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 11, 2011, 09:33:29 PM

At 1-4, not much to lose. Makes some sense since the current starter ain't doin' so hot and Tebow was a 1st round pick. Fox is pretty goo at simplifying an offense for a so-so QB and he likes to run the ball anyway...

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 11, 2011, 10:08:52 PM

This is wrong. They have an obligation to play him because the fans in Denver would revolt if they didn't. Elway has never been sold on the guy, and from appearances, neither has John Fox. But the season won't be a winning one, Orton hasn't exactly been tearing it up, so for no other reason that to shut up the fans, this makes sense. I expect to see Quinn at some point this season too. Playing spot duty and being a full time starter are not one in the same, and I fully expect Tebow to suck. I'm willing to recant if I'm wrong, but I don't think it will be necessary.

Anyone remember when Bill Parcells started Drew Henson for a game even though he knew how much he sucked because the fans in Dallas were crying for it? This reminds me of that.
: October 11, 2011, 10:13:20 PM CBWx2

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Tebow Named Broncos Starting QB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools