Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Allen Bradford Cut « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#60 : October 14, 2011, 12:56:58 PM

People are deeply silly.  Getting anything more than special teams play out of a sixth or seventh round pick is gravy.  And largely a matter of dumb luck.  The overall success rate for fifth rounders isn't exactly overwhelming either.

This is true. Unfortunately when the team limits itself to filling the roster with mid to late rounders and UDFAs it puts the team in a position to have to play these guys. I don't necessarily look at this as "hitting" on them as they pretty much are forced into a situation they don't belong.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#61 : October 14, 2011, 01:03:36 PM

I don't care about the $$.... I care about having someone capable of carrying the load if Blount is out for an extended period.

But.......but.......but......they had Caddy and let him slip away.  ::)

keywords..... "someone capable of carrying the load

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

acacius

Hall of Famer

#62 : October 14, 2011, 02:18:19 PM

This is true. Unfortunately when the team limits itself to filling the roster with mid to late rounders and UDFAs it puts the team in a position to have to play these guys. I don't necessarily look at this as "hitting" on them as they pretty much are forced into a situation they don't belong.
I can't argue with that.  I've never been a huge fan of assuming that the team can plug in late rounders and be good to go.  Sometimes it works out (Blount really is a pretty darned good player), but I don't think it's a strategy to count on.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#63 : October 14, 2011, 05:08:55 PM

@620wdae (620 WDAE, Tampa Bay):
According to John Boyle of the Everett Herald, the Seattle Seahawks have claimed former Buc RB Allen Bradford.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#64 : October 14, 2011, 05:22:30 PM

JDub called it when he was talking up Bradford as being great. 

Oh wait...
for some strange reason I think I'd be happy if we pass on Doug Martin.

Yeah man, cause once you're wrong about a 7th round pick you're wrong about pretty much everything!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#65 : October 14, 2011, 05:23:53 PM

lol

If I remember he wanted us to grab Blount when we had the chance. That one turned out alright...

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#66 : October 14, 2011, 05:28:56 PM

I agree 100% Ryan. We get caught up into thinking these guys are good because they play, but the reason they play is because they have to. We don't have anyone else. We all assumed Sammie Stroughter was the isht his rookie season because he played a lot. He has done nothing really impressive since then. My issue isn't that we don't hit on every pick in the draft. No team does. My issue is that we trot these guys out and rely on them to play big roles on our team regardless of whether or not we hit on the pick. We rely on guys that likely would be no more than camp fodder for other teams, and it's getting real old, real quick.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#67 : October 14, 2011, 05:37:17 PM

I disagree. I think we are giving these guys chances when normally other teams wouldnt because they dont have the chance to. This is the youngest team in the league with the youngest HC. They are trying to be smart with their money and give guys chances. They dont want to miss on a guy. Some teams can give up on guys too quick. I think its a good thing to do that. However what this team did last year and what they are doing this year is different. If they wanted to keep that up they would sign some other guys and give them chances as well. Like a back up RB.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#68 : October 14, 2011, 05:54:24 PM

HolderStephenStephen Holder

Bradford is headed to the practice squad if he clears waivers tomorrow

1 minute ago    Twitter

That's the funniest thing I've read today. He would clear waivers even if CFL and AFL teams were allowed to put in claims.

You were saying?????

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#69 : October 14, 2011, 06:15:40 PM

Oh wait...

Yeah man, cause once you're wrong about a 7th round pick you're wrong about pretty much everything!
did you forget about his love affair for Noel Devine

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#70 : October 14, 2011, 06:25:42 PM

Oh wait...

did you forget about his love affair for Noel Devine
I think it was more of a Chad Spann love affair.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#71 : October 14, 2011, 06:31:46 PM

yet another guy that can't make the roster of the worst team in the NFL.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#72 : October 15, 2011, 11:42:20 AM

Oh I almost forgot.  His new stud RB is Dallas's 3rd stringer named Phillip Tanner.  An UFA who has a grand total of 0 yards in the NFL.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#73 : August 07, 2013, 07:07:11 PM

12th Man Rising ‏@12thMan_Rising 1h
Alan Bradford is going to start at MLB for the Seahawks tomorrow. Big step for the former RB who converted to defense.

Found this interesting. Pretty crazy actually. Thought I would share.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#74 : August 07, 2013, 07:09:16 PM

Bobby Wagner must be sitting this one out.

Or could it be?.... He's really a monster?

..... Nahhhh
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Allen Bradford Cut « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools