Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why are we not atleast looking into getting B. Lloyd « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

thecandidate

Second String

: October 14, 2011, 10:26:04 AM

Guys I really think we should at least talk to the Broncos regarding him. He could really help our young WR's as they are really struggling other than Parker this year. He also forces the "D" to respect his speed and pass catching abilities. I am sure the Bucs will "look the other way" on obtaining him. However, I think he can really help us ... Thoughts?

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 14, 2011, 10:29:29 AM

Are you kidding me?

He is too old. Don't you know that in this organization that if you are over 30 you might as well be 80 years old?

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 14, 2011, 10:29:45 AM

How do you know the Bucs aren't "...at least looking into getting B. Lloyd"?  Personally, I don't think they will acquire him, but I don't know that they aren't at least looking into it. 

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 14, 2011, 10:30:57 AM

Quote from: thecandidate
Why are we not atleast looking into getting B. Lloyd?

GG could use some more weapons for his Death Dragon I-Formation.

Borat!

Starter

#4 : October 14, 2011, 10:33:23 AM

He had an amazing season last year, but has literally done nothing his other 7 years in the league. Hes flashed his talent but never did anything with it. I think last year Kyle Orten focused on him a lot because they could not run the ball and didnt really have anyone else to throw to. Plus, unlike Madden, you cant just trade for a guy and expect an instant upgrade. He needs to learn the playbook and get chemistry with the rest of the guys, especially Freeman. Thats a reason why the Football trade deadline is so boring because theres so much more to the game that the players need to know than, say, baseball. Our young guys just need to develop and they wont if theyre on the bench

\\\\\\\"...even if we win the SB not getting a few FAS with so many available was being pig headed and fanatical.\\\\\\\" - 4bucs

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 14, 2011, 10:37:11 AM

The Bucs aren't looking at anyone that might cost them a dollar..........

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 14, 2011, 10:38:22 AM

Don't you know that in this organization that if you are over 30 you might as well be 80 years old?

Yeah, Ronde is like 252 in "Buc Years", don't know how that crazy SOB can stand upright.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 14, 2011, 10:50:52 AM

Quick and easy answer.

What owners would acually let their team go into a game with only two RB's able to go (one old, an one that is obviously not going to get it done)?

The Glazers, and they ain't signing anyone worthwhile. I doubt they even know Blount is injured.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 14, 2011, 10:54:01 AM

I wouldn't really want to give up draft picks for a guy that's really only had one good year, and is probably more of a system guy. I doubt he would do anything that Mike Williams isn't doing already.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 14, 2011, 11:02:35 AM

I'd be very cautious with Lloyd.

He's been a locker cancer everywhere he's been and has one great year to show for it. Great hands and undeniable talent, but questionable heart and head.  The guy wants to be a rapper, not a football player.

bucmoon

Second String
#10 : October 14, 2011, 11:19:29 AM

We dont like any WRS with over 50 career Receptions .

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 14, 2011, 11:25:16 AM

The guy wants to be a rapper, not a football player.
you know Raheem must be chewing at the bit for this guy then

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 14, 2011, 11:28:42 AM

The guy wants to be a rapper, not a football player.
you know Raheem must be chewing at the bit for this guy then

Raheemy can't flush his toilet without permission from the Glazer boys..........

blackthoughtz

Starter

#13 : October 14, 2011, 12:57:59 PM

Honestly what would be the point in getting Lloyd. We have a promising young offense right now. No matter how they performed there's not a WR in the corps that we really don't believe can have an impact for us. Lloyd is old and not very consistent. Where does he fit on our team? To look good for one or two years and be out? Is he going to magically win us a championship with his skills?...let the young ones play it out and develop well be better off that way

\\\"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.\\\"

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#14 : October 14, 2011, 01:00:31 PM

He would take away playing time from Mike Williams, Benn and Parker, how do you expect young players to get better if they don't play? Besides the Bucs don't run too many multiple WR looks. I personally would love to have the team aquire him but this team is not going to be built like that so give it up.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why are we not atleast looking into getting B. Lloyd « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools