Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Walking Dead « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 54

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#480 : March 25, 2013, 01:10:39 PM

Chace...forgot that Carol dies pretty early on but Sofia is still alive and well. Carl needs a love interest.....does Hersel's younger daughter take that role?

Funny thing is...Carl is a lot younger in the book. I wanna say he's in the 7-8 range and his dialogue definitely shows that he is very very young. Carol's character is completely different. I remember she at one point wants to enter into a polygamy situation with Rick and Lori...and Lori was like, "b*tch...you cray!" Carl needs no love interest, IMO. He has the ability to do more as an older character and can actually contribute in fights and deadly situations. I am really anxious to see if they add Abraham's group after they move on from the prison..would love to see who they would cast as Rosita. Every show could use a sexy latina, IMO.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#481 : March 25, 2013, 01:21:46 PM

I have a theory that since Tyrese hasn't really played much of a role yet, that he will actually take on Abraham's role. I mean, in the book they played similar roles. Abraham was kinda Tyrese's replacement...but since Tyrese hasn't done much yet, is still alive, and will likely survive the finale.....maybe he just takes on that role and Abraham never exists. If the keep Daryl around and Tyrese....there really is no need for Abraham, since that role is pretty much covered.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#482 : March 25, 2013, 01:28:01 PM

Abraham's group is what leads them to want to head north because of the "intel" from the "scientist". I surely hope they don't omit Abraham's group. He is one of my favs and they will have to switch up on how they get to Alexandria..if they even add that in.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#483 : March 25, 2013, 01:36:01 PM

Merle death was lame. These writers need to think of better things to do with some characters. They consistently run what could be good characters into the ground. I like Merles way of getting the walkers to follow him though.  I would say the only safe person in this show is Daryl, if they killed him off a lot of the fan base would leave IMO.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#484 : March 25, 2013, 02:37:41 PM

I liked Merle's death.

In the book, once they leave the prison, there is really a lot of character turnover. Meaning people die often and new people are introduced. There is only a small core of 4 characters that are still alive currently in the book. I'm curios to see how the TV series handles this. I'm not sure that will translate well to TV because people get so attached to certain characters, they simple quit watching if they die....but I hope they don't chicken out. Part of the Walking Dead story line is the constant death of main characters and introduction of new ones. They can change a lot of things, but imo that is not one of them. Already this season, no main characters have died. I'm sure a few will in the finale, but I hope this season wasn't foreshadowing the direction they are going in the future. You have to have main characters die every couple episodes or it just isn't the Walking Dead.

An example. The books are all about the constant loss of life and how the survivors change as they deal with each loss. No matter what decisions are made or where they go, they are helpless to stop the loss of life. In this reality they lose loved ones constantly. It changes people. It is the entire premise of the book. On the TV series though, nobody significant has died in a long time. Rick is still struggling with Lori's death from months ago because nobody else has died since then. That lack of death takes away from the show. You are no longer on the edge of your seat thinking someone is going to die any second....because nobody important ever does anymore.

Merle's death was the closest thing to a main character's death we've seen in a long time and it was needed.
: March 25, 2013, 02:43:59 PM JDouble

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#485 : March 25, 2013, 02:52:14 PM

From what I heard, 2 main characters are suppose to die. Merle could be counted as 1, so we would have 1 left. I hope this is the end of the Woodbury story. I really hate how the story jumps around with no notice, you may be looking at 2 weeks ahead and then it skips to months later.  I really can't see them killing off characters left and right, people would get mad and stop watching. It would be interesting to watch though, if someone like Rick died, how people would respond. I would like it, but again I would like the death scenes to be a little more interesting. 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#486 : March 25, 2013, 03:10:57 PM

I liked Merle's death.

In the book, once they leave the prison, there is really a lot of character turnover. Meaning people die often and new people are introduced. There is only a small core of 4 characters that are still alive currently in the book. I'm curios to see how the TV series handles this. I'm not sure that will translate well to TV because people get so attached to certain characters, they simple quit watching if they die....but I hope they don't chicken out. Part of the Walking Dead story line is the constant death of main characters and introduction of new ones. They can change a lot of things, but imo that is not one of them. Already this season, no main characters have died. I'm sure a few will in the finale, but I hope this season wasn't foreshadowing the direction they are going in the future. You have to have main characters die every couple episodes or it just isn't the Walking Dead.

An example. The books are all about the constant loss of life and how the survivors change as they deal with each loss. No matter what decisions are made or where they go, they are helpless to stop the loss of life. In this reality they lose loved ones constantly. It changes people. It is the entire premise of the book. On the TV series though, nobody significant has died in a long time. Rick is still struggling with Lori's death from months ago because nobody else has died since then. That lack of death takes away from the show. You are no longer on the edge of your seat thinking someone is going to die any second....because nobody important ever does anymore.

Merle's death was the closest thing to a main character's death we've seen in a long time and it was needed.

There is a period, though, where the deaths do take a break, so to speak...and that is while they are at the prison after Michonne mutilates the governor and Ricks group lets their guard down a bit until the governor goes on full attack. If I'm not mistaken, the only death that occurs during that time is Carol's suicide. Then in the prison siege, there are multiple characters who die. It was a little easier to pick off people in the book because the group was a lot larger when the got to the prison. With the current TV group..if they just kept killing people off, no one would be left. I think they will keep the death a central part of the show, but they are going to have to add characters like Abraham's group. After the prison when they are on the road, the only characters who die are: the two twins, who aren't in the show...and Dale, who is already dead....They have a fairly large group when they arrive at Alexandria because they add a lot more than they subtract after the prison. The group needs to grow.

One of the cooler things about the group is how they were able to fight off bandits, walkers, cannibals, etc..because they had a strong tight knit group of badass people who kept them a live. They will do the same with the TV show, I feel. Have a group of eventually 10-15 and have approx. 5 of them who are the enforcers and do what needs to be to survive.
: March 25, 2013, 03:16:20 PM chace1986

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#487 : March 25, 2013, 03:16:07 PM

Morgan is gonna be in the finale! According to IMDB that is.
My insight on the finale is this. The prison gang is packing up to leave in the previews. Perhaps they booby trap the prison in the process, hence the name for the finale "Welcome to the tombs". I think Rick, Michonne, Glenn and Daryl head to Woodbury, but find the gov. is not there. Morgan saves the day in some sorta fashion.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#488 : March 25, 2013, 03:37:34 PM

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/sneak-peek-episode-316-the-walking-dead-welcome-to-the-tombs?utm_campaign=AMC_TWD_Retargeting_3.25.13&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=MarketTraq&utm_content=AMC_TWD_Retargeting_3.25.13&utm_term=255473

Here's another sneak peak.

The "Welcome to the Tombs" title tells me they are likely going to hide in the uncleared passage ways of the prison. Where TDog dies, rick went on his rampage after Lori's death, and Carl lead Tyrese's group to safety. It's completely dark, it's unsecure from walkers, and they have called them the tombs in the past. Perhaps they plan on drawing the Governor and his men into the "tombs" and then ambushing them.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#489 : March 25, 2013, 04:37:38 PM

The show really needs to start adding new characters. The strength of the group has gotten way too weak. I believe Morgan will be with the group and I definitely think Tyrese will play a part in the finale. IDK if they will make him become a bigger part of next year or just kill him off though.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#490 : March 27, 2013, 07:41:00 AM

Nice!

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#491 : March 27, 2013, 11:15:07 AM

If Daryl dies, they better trade for Revis... because I don't know anything else that would ease the pain.

Champ29

Rookie

#492 : March 27, 2013, 11:59:21 AM

darryl wont die...

next to go is glenn imo

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#493 : March 27, 2013, 12:02:39 PM

Quote from: Champ29
darryl wont die... next to go is glenn imo
Hope you are right. Definitely excited about this upcoming week's finale.

Champ29

Rookie

#494 : March 27, 2013, 12:08:24 PM

Quote from: Champ29
darryl wont die... next to go is glenn imo
Hope you are right. Definitely excited about this upcoming week's finale.

me too....i hope things get settled....governor needs to go , and they need to leave the prison

Page: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 54
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Walking Dead « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools