Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Walking Dead « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 54

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#585 : October 23, 2013, 02:36:27 AM

The rats being fed to the zombies does not seem like a thing the governor would do. To risky on his own behalf for something so mundane.

We first saw rat traps used with rick's son and michonne. So somehow, maybe even accidently, it involves one or both of them.

The burned bodies could have been self inflicted, but that may never be explained to the characters, only the viewers. Could be the gas was the only quick option besides soon-to-be zombihood and before they completely turned, they figured they do that instead? Seems odd to have a blood trail from the cell and the bodies burned outside. It makes me think they were either injured beforehand, or turning. Problem is, why go outside if they had turned, why not go after the fresh meat down the cell block?

Again, both incidents could be played off as accidents that go unaccounted for in hard times. The after show actually tells you a little bit about what is coming up. They actually said it was going airborne beforehand. Also, the "shower" kid was actually the voice of Phineas from a Disney cartoon show dubbed Phineas & ferb.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#586 : October 23, 2013, 04:02:35 AM

What I want to know is how they are always so low on ammo? They live in the south east of USA, plenty of guns, tons of stores to get ammo. There is more than enough ammo in America to kill every person in the country. Especially when they walk towards you at 2 mph unarmed.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#587 : October 23, 2013, 05:51:12 AM

What I want to know is how they are always so low on ammo? They live in the south east of USA, plenty of guns, tons of stores to get ammo. There is more than enough ammo in America to kill every person in the country. Especially when they walk towards you at 2 mph unarmed.
I've always wondered how they end up with random items every show and its never explained how they got it. Where the hell did all the horses and pigs come from? Aren't like pretty far into this Walker outbreak to have pigs running around that probably had no one to care for them.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#588 : October 23, 2013, 07:59:03 AM

Pretty sure pigs can survive in the wild without humans "taking care of them" but they are most likely from Woodbury.

They go on supply runs daily, so the new items you see are suppose to be explained in that way.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#589 : October 23, 2013, 08:29:52 AM

Them going low on ammo is part of the original story. It eventually forces them to explore options of making their own ammo.

While they are in the South, I could understand the shortage.  They are in a rural area, and they seem to just stay within the radius of a few counties. Most ammo in people's homes is hidden, I would think that their primary objective when searching homes would be gathering food and quickly search for ammo...but they might miss a lot of ammo that may be hidden. One thing that they haven't really explored from the books is the stockpile of ammo and guns that they found in the prisons armory. I'm guessing that they won't bring that in seeing that they have already shown that the characters found the riot gear/body armor, which(in the comics) was found in the armory.
: October 23, 2013, 11:06:52 AM chace1986

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#590 : October 23, 2013, 08:49:03 AM

The riot gear, in the show, was taken off two zombie guards.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#591 : October 23, 2013, 11:03:36 AM

I was saying that in the book, they found riot gear in the armory. My point was since they have already got the riot gear in the show, that leads me to believe that they are skipping the armory.
: October 23, 2013, 11:05:29 AM chace1986

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#592 : October 23, 2013, 02:44:42 PM

I get confused between the comic and show sometimes, but I think that the four inmates that they found in the prison did find the armory and used the guns to stage a little rebellion against Rick...I might be getting things twisted, but I think that happened on the show. And I think they used things from the armory in their attack on Woodbury.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#593 : October 23, 2013, 03:56:06 PM

There are lots of differences, but then again, there are lots of times where they have Rick do something in nearly the exact same way that his character did in the comics. For instance, when he kills that prisoner when he drops his guard. He does that same thing in the comics, but the events/environment surrounding the shooting are completely different. In the comics, the leader of the prisoners are involved for a bit before they draw on Rick, and at that moment, walkers attack while outsides in the yard and Rick shoots him during the commotion. In the show, I can't remember if Rick shoots the prisoner during action or right after.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#594 : October 27, 2013, 09:32:07 PM

I'm sorry but the more that I've watched this show, the more I've come to dislike it. There are just so many plot holes and inconsistencies. It's just really sloppy.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#595 : October 28, 2013, 01:32:32 AM

So where did they get this new car?

freddy

Hall of Famer
#596 : October 28, 2013, 08:57:24 AM

So where did they get this new car?

No kidding, the security at new car lots is incredible!

In every show there will be things like that, thats just the way it is.  If you are putting everything under a microscope, then why are you even watching?  If you're going to ask where the car came from, then you might as well scoff at the notion of zombies in the first place. Or even if you believe in zombies, how have they not rotted away after two+ years?  How can Rick and Glenn and Maggie routinely make head shots against zombies at 50 ft, yet when the Gov attacked, they missed over a dozen people in a tight group going full auto?  I'm sure we could go on and on. 

So, you have the choice of just watching and enjoying it or not.  Your call.

For the rest of the fans......

Obviously, they will overcome the virus outbreak, but I think at least one prime character will die.  I doubt it's Glenn, which actually makes that a distinct possibility, but I think Herschel is the one who won't survive.  Especially after Darrels comment "eventually we have to run".  If the group leaves the prison, Herschel simply can't run and the medic is there to fill that gap.

On a side note, that was one large herd of zombies!

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#597 : October 28, 2013, 09:09:58 AM

Herschel is obviously the guy thats going to die. With the army medic they will no longer need him.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#598 : October 28, 2013, 09:18:40 AM

Herschel is obviously the guy thats going to die. With the army medic they will no longer need him.

Talking to my duaghter last night before the show started, we were guessing who killed and burned the bodies.  We agreed it was the medic guy and she said all of her friends thought the same thing.  Thats when we both said "then it can't be the medic if it's so obvious that it was him".  Thats what I like about the show.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#599 : October 28, 2013, 10:24:17 AM

Wow. Did not see that coming. On the after show, Talking Dead, they were saying how they think Carol could be a leader now....but I think the opposite. I think she is headed off the deep end and unlike Rick, she won't come back.

As far as the car, they had it before when they went to the grocery store where it rained zombies. They even said it had belonged to that kid who died there. You know, the one who was trying to guess what Daryl was before the apocalypse. Bottom line with that kinda stuff though, even if it is not explained like the car was, is that they are currently about 7 months past the end of last season and they go out on supply runs every day....so they are going to have some stuff. It's really not so unbelievable.

So my question to you guys is, after seeing a herd of thousands just 10 or 15 miles away from the prison....would stay at the prison? Personally I would already have said eff this place. It is infected and I'm getting the eff out of here. Now that they saw that herd, I'd be gone within 24 hours. The prison seemed great at first, but it's become clear that the chain link fences are not strong enough and they allow clear site to the group which just attracts constant attention. They need someplace where they are not seen and are not so open.

One last thing, and this is a little bit of a spoiler if you haven't read the books so WARNING.....when they left the prison in the books it was under different circumstances, but when they left, there was only like 3 or 4 people left. Just about everyone was killed. The show is going off on it's own story line, but I wouldn't be surprised if Rick, Carl, Michonne, and Daryl are the only people who leave the prison alive. In the books, Glen and Maggie had decided to leave the prison before everyone else did....so they were still alive, but not with the group anymore. Who knows. In the books Carol has been dead for a long time, but Sophia and Andrea are still alive....so anything can happen.

Page: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 54
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Walking Dead « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools