Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Walking Dead « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 54

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#600 : October 28, 2013, 10:34:12 AM

Honestly. I probably wouldve taken over Woodbury after the governor left. Its was well built and had plenty of space for everyone. The prison was good for a minute though..  As for Rick, Carl, Michonne, and Daryl being the only ones left of the main group would be strange to see. I don't think they will take Glenn and Maggie outta the main group. I think Tyreese is going to grow into a bigger role.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#601 : October 28, 2013, 10:38:50 AM

Wow. Did not see that coming. On the after show, Talking Dead, they were saying how they think Carol could be a leader now....but I think the opposite. I think she is headed off the deep end and unlike Rick, she won't come back.

As far as the car, they had it before when they went to the grocery store where it rained zombies. They even said it had belonged to that kid who died there. You know, the one who was trying to guess what Daryl was before the apocalypse. Bottom line with that kinda stuff though, even if it is not explained like the car was, is that they are currently about 7 months past the end of last season and they go out on supply runs every day....so they are going to have some stuff. It's really not so unbelievable.

So my question to you guys is, after seeing a herd of thousands just 10 or 15 miles away from the prison....would stay at the prison? Personally I would already have said eff this place. It is infected and I'm getting the eff out of here. Now that they saw that herd, I'd be gone within 24 hours. The prison seemed great at first, but it's become clear that the chain link fences are not strong enough and they allow clear site to the group which just attracts constant attention. They need someplace where they are not seen and are not so open.

One last thing, and this is a little bit of a spoiler if you haven't read the books so WARNING.....when they left the prison in the books it was under different circumstances, but when they left, there was only like 3 or 4 people left. Just about everyone was killed. The show is going off on it's own story line, but I wouldn't be surprised if Rick, Carl, Michonne, and Daryl are the only people who leave the prison alive. In the books, Glen and Maggie had decided to leave the prison before everyone else did....so they were still alive, but not with the group anymore. Who knows. In the books Carol has been dead for a long time, but Sophia and Andrea are still alive....so anything can happen.

The group was a little larger than 3 or 4. They just all scattered and all eventually met up back at Hershel's farm. There was about 10 of them left when Abraham and Rosita's crew comes upon them. The thing that I enjoyed after they left the prison was how bad ass the tight knit group was with Abraham, Michonne, Rick, Andrea, Glenn, etc. how the group handled the cannibals was rather impressive. Also, wasn't the herd more like 50 miles from the prison? From last nights episode, I took it that the herd of Zombies was right around the college, which included the big building off in the distance. I would like to see Tyrese survive, but I think he does when the Gov attacks again, with Michonne finally taking him down.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#602 : October 28, 2013, 10:42:34 AM

Wow. Did not see that coming. On the after show, Talking Dead, they were saying how they think Carol could be a leader now....but I think the opposite. I think she is headed off the deep end and unlike Rick, she won't come back.

As far as the car, they had it before when they went to the grocery store where it rained zombies. They even said it had belonged to that kid who died there. You know, the one who was trying to guess what Daryl was before the apocalypse. Bottom line with that kinda stuff though, even if it is not explained like the car was, is that they are currently about 7 months past the end of last season and they go out on supply runs every day....so they are going to have some stuff. It's really not so unbelievable.

So my question to you guys is, after seeing a herd of thousands just 10 or 15 miles away from the prison....would stay at the prison? Personally I would already have said eff this place. It is infected and I'm getting the eff out of here. Now that they saw that herd, I'd be gone within 24 hours. The prison seemed great at first, but it's become clear that the chain link fences are not strong enough and they allow clear site to the group which just attracts constant attention. They need someplace where they are not seen and are not so open.

One last thing, and this is a little bit of a spoiler if you haven't read the books so WARNING.....when they left the prison in the books it was under different circumstances, but when they left, there was only like 3 or 4 people left. Just about everyone was killed. The show is going off on it's own story line, but I wouldn't be surprised if Rick, Carl, Michonne, and Daryl are the only people who leave the prison alive. In the books, Glen and Maggie had decided to leave the prison before everyone else did....so they were still alive, but not with the group anymore. Who knows. In the books Carol has been dead for a long time, but Sophia and Andrea are still alive....so anything can happen.

I would be long gone.  In fact, I don't think I would have ever stayed there more than a few days/weeks to recover and rest up.  Here is a question back to you.  Assuming fuel and transportation is not a problem, where would you go?  I see no need to stay local.  Myself, I would head to North Carolina and the barrier islands. Main reason is, pleanty of food (seafood) and clean water (boil the sea water) and the water imposes a natural barrier to zombies.  Can zombies wade through water 30ft deep?  You can use the bridges as choke points to block zombies from getting in. Sure you would have to roam the area and police up (read kill) all the zombies currently on the island, but once done, it would be far safer than any inland location with tons more space for things like crops. Also, there are a few military bases (Cherry Point) that might have some good loot.

2nd, I was talking about the mass herd with some friends this morning and we wondered, why don't they have a huge dump truck as the lead vehicle?  With all the junk litter around, it's not like they can really use the speed of that charger.  Weld some bladed push bars on the front and they could have plowed right threw that whole herd no problem.  Plus that would have been cool to watch.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#603 : October 28, 2013, 11:40:27 AM

Oh I'd definitely head for the coast and look for a boat and a small island. Smaller the better. That has always seemed like the smart thing to do. Be great if you could find a small island community with homes on stilts. Demo the stairs and use ladders. Then you'd never have to worry about zombie surprises in the night. I live on base and our house is on stilts....I always think about that! Lol.

As far as the vehicles....yeah. I don't know if I'd go dump truck since gas would be somewhat hard to come by, but I would most definitely find a big, solid, 4x4....not the Charger or Prius or camper they have been using.
: October 28, 2013, 11:46:18 AM JDouble

freddy

Hall of Famer
#604 : October 28, 2013, 01:25:53 PM

As far as the vehicles....yeah. I don't know if I'd go dump truck since gas would be somewhat hard to come by, but I would most definitely find a big, solid, 4x4....not the Charger or Prius or camper they have been using.

its time that Walking Dead met mad max!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#605 : October 28, 2013, 04:04:19 PM

Damn it.  My DVR cut off the last minute just when It seemed like Rick was going to contront Carol about burning the bodies.   What happened?

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#606 : October 28, 2013, 04:08:11 PM

Damn it.  My DVR cut off the last minute just when It seemed like Rick was going to contront Carol about burning the bodies.   What happened?
Nothing really. She just admitted to doing it.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#607 : October 28, 2013, 04:08:53 PM

SPOILER...

Exactly that, first he said something like, Carrol, you would do anything to protect these people right?  And she replied "yes" after a small pause, then she started to walk away.  Rick called to her and asked straight out, 'Did you kill those two", she replied yes, and walkd away........

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#608 : October 28, 2013, 04:14:02 PM

Thanks.  Figured it was going that way . 

freddy

Hall of Famer
#609 : November 04, 2013, 10:21:52 AM

OK, Carol is gone, or is she?  As was said on Talking dead, there could be a problem with Daryl when he finds out.  The clan could still split.  Or maybe the outbreak is enough of a distraction to keep them fighting together.  The medic, too much time is being spent on him to just go away? Not sure where he is going. Good episode with a lot of open ends.

BTW, in episode three, just before Daryl and crew ran into that mega herd, remember why he wasn't paying attention to the road? The voice on the radio.  Is this the new helicopter?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#610 : November 04, 2013, 11:49:12 AM

Most likely it's a set up for them to meet up with a post prison group that leads them on their next venture.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#611 : November 04, 2013, 04:30:34 PM

OK, Carol is gone, or is she?  As was said on Talking dead, there could be a problem with Daryl when he finds out.  The clan could still split.  Or maybe the outbreak is enough of a distraction to keep them fighting together.  The medic, too much time is being spent on him to just go away? Not sure where he is going. Good episode with a lot of open ends.

BTW, in episode three, just before Daryl and crew ran into that mega herd, remember why he wasn't paying attention to the road? The voice on the radio.  Is this the new helicopter?
I was thinking Daryl would be pissed and go looking for her. At the same time it seems Michonne has been taking on more of the old Carol role and Carol is becoming more of what Michonne was.
What the hell was up with the girls leg just being there? It didn't look chewed off, looked like someone chopped it off.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#612 : November 04, 2013, 04:46:01 PM

I was thinking Daryl would be pissed and go looking for her. At the same time it seems Michonne has been taking on more of the old Carol role and Carol is becoming more of what Michonne was.
What the hell was up with the girls leg just being there? It didn't look chewed off, looked like someone chopped it off.

I said the same thing to a buddy of mine today.  I have it recorded of course and I'll go back and look at it again tonight, but it did look like a clean cut from the quick view.  And where is her boyfriend?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#613 : November 04, 2013, 07:12:31 PM

I think Rick is more focused on his family than people realize. I think he went on that supply run in the middle of everything for two reasons. One, he knows Daryl's group might not come back and he is making preparations for himself, Carl, and the baby to leave the prison and escape the sickness.

And two, he knew Carol wasn't coming back. He took her over Maggie because he had already decided that he didn't want her around his kids. She was teaching the children how to kill and tried to get his own son to lie to him about it. Then she murdered two people. He had made up his mind before they left.

Now what happens? I can think of a few possibilities. One, maybe Carol just comes right back to the prison and is like "Hey! Rick tried to exile me!" Two, Daryl flips out and leaves to go track her down. Three, everyone turns on Rick because Carol really had become a very important part of the team. Four, they don't really have much time to dwell on it because all hell breaks lose and they have to run for lives and abandon the prison.

Personally, I think Rick will catch some hell from everyone, especially Daryl....but when the sick people start getting better with medicine and live, it will make everyone realize that Carol was in fact very wrong in killing the first two. Fact is, she didn't know for sure that they wouldn't beat it and recover. She just straight up murdered two of their own and then burned their bodies on top of it. She was losing it. She referred to Sophia as somebody elses slideshow. She had completely lost touch with reality and was dangerous. I don't think we'll see her again.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#614 : November 04, 2013, 08:16:03 PM

I think all hell is gonna break loose before people have time to think about it. Governor is coming back next week IMO.

Page: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 54
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Walking Dead « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools