Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Walking Dead « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 54

MSU_Fan

Starter

#705 : February 10, 2014, 06:54:32 PM

I'm more of a Dexter nut myself, is it really as great as everybody is making it out to be? Walking Dead, I mean.

Well it's certainly no "Phantom Menace" so don't waste your time

Why are you under the impression that Phantom Menace is one of my favorite movies? Personally, I HATE Phantom Menace, but I begrudgingly accept that it is a great movie whether I like it or not.

Also, just because I like the Star Wars prequels doesn't mean I don't love movies that everybody loves. Bride of Frankenstein, The 1941 Wolf Man, Rebel Without a Cause, The 1973 Wicker Man, The 1982 Thing, The Breakfast Club, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, American Werewolf in London, the Star Wars OT, Leaving Las Vegas, The Sixth Sense, Monsters Inc, Spirited Away and Traffic are some of my all-time favorite movies. Just because I love some movies that wasn't well received doesn't mean I hate well received movies, and certainly doesn't make me stupid. I'm sick of this debate. I gave you my reasons why I love the PT and addressed ALL your criticisms and you are completely ignoring me. Roger Ebert and Richard Roeper loved the prequels, what makes my opinion any worse?
: February 10, 2014, 07:05:26 PM MSU_Fan

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#706 : February 10, 2014, 07:55:10 PM

Always knew Michonne would be sexy pre-apocalypse.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#707 : February 10, 2014, 09:10:02 PM

Walking dead should hold me over until Game of Thrones.
I started watching GOT in HBO on Demand last Monday.  By Saturday I had watched all 30 episodes. 

gone

Hall of Famer
#708 : February 10, 2014, 10:47:19 PM

Always knew Michonne would be sexy pre-apocalypse.

She wasn't sexy post-apocalypse?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#709 : February 10, 2014, 11:10:04 PM

Always knew Michonne would be sexier pre-apocalypse.

She wasn't sexy post-apocalypse?

fxd.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#710 : February 12, 2014, 12:45:02 PM

Carl needs to die..like now.

gone

Hall of Famer
#711 : February 12, 2014, 04:28:46 PM

....uh....ok. If the show was all zombie killing, do you realize how old it would get? It's a soap opera with zombies. That is the formula that allows it to continue on and on.

You seem unable to draw a distinction between character development and angst filled whining. 

Seriously, the walking dead has created some of the most unsympathetic characters I've ever seen in a series.  Andrea, Laurie, and Carl are/were just horrible.  To be fair some of the characters they created are phenomenal, and that is what keeps things going. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#712 : February 12, 2014, 05:12:01 PM

Pretty sure you, as a viewer, were suppose to hate Lorie, Andrea, and a young Carl. That was intended I believe.

I like Carl now. He's a little butthead at times, but he's a 10 year old kid in the zombie apocalypse. It's kinda expected. He was turning into quite the little badass towards the end of last season. Hopefully he continues down that path.

MSU_Fan

Starter

#713 : February 12, 2014, 05:19:16 PM

Seeing as I can only assume there are a lot of zombie fans here, anybody see (REC)? One of the only movies ever made to actually scare me.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#714 : February 12, 2014, 05:22:22 PM

Nope.

Stakeland is a good one. The zombies are actually more vampire like....but it's a great post apocalyptic horror flick.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#715 : February 13, 2014, 09:08:03 AM

Just saw the last episode.  I kind of wish that they would have killed Rick.  I think the father son story line has just about played out.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#716 : February 13, 2014, 10:44:58 AM

Seeing as I can only assume there are a lot of zombie fans here, anybody see (REC)? One of the only movies ever made to actually scare me.

REC was a good flick.    And a somewhat original idea.  Although I think there was a Japanese version prior to the American version. 

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#717 : February 13, 2014, 10:48:59 AM

I think what I miss is the conflicts within the group.  Shane, Merle and even the older white dude that owned the RV always use to mix it up a little.  This past season was usually an "external" conflict with The Gov.  Even the conflict with Carol was short lived (although I think she will reappear at some point). 

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#718 : February 13, 2014, 11:20:01 AM

stopped watching the show somewhere towards the end of last season

frankly, I thought the characters were unlikable and too obvious with which "archetype" they were supposed to represent,

I actually think the acting is still quite bad, the dialogue was predictable, the human v human conflict was developed too obviously and with too little grit

the plot developed too slow (I don't mean the show itself was too slow, I actually prefer slow, ambiance-filled shows/movies; I'm talking about the plot itself),

thought characters did dumb things just to lurch plot along, and the characters that were not boring were obvious fan boi-type characters

I guess the whole way the show became obsessed over with so little substance (in my opinion), with all these shows like "Talking Dead" coming on after - it just got to be so stupid to me

and I wanted to like the show... I actually really enjoyed the first season, they managed to capture the kind of strange unknown feeling pretty well I thought, and I liked the details of survival

overall, it just fell out of favor with me and I felt like it was more of a chore to watch than it was enjoyable

JMVHO

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#719 : February 13, 2014, 09:33:44 PM

Im pretty much at the point where I am about to stop watching as well. The show doesnt do the characters or the plot justice from the comics. Also, with a lot of the  extreme twists ahead, I doubt they will be able to capture even half of it. What we are seeing is a watered down version of the original story. Hell, they will probably waste most of the next few episodes finding each other. This show j as a bad habit of taking something small from the comic and dragging it out into a half season worth of content.

Page: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 54
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Walking Dead « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools