Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Walking Dead « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 54

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#90 : November 30, 2011, 03:26:56 PM

I'm actually excited about it all, more episodes in the full season than previously. What'd we have previously, 6 in the first season. It seems we got 6 in the half season, so to not have to wait till October 2012 sounds great to me.

It seems most shows only get 6 shows to start now (at least on AMC). They waited until the season 2 premier to extend this year. Hopefully next year there won't be a break.

My question, doesn't Mad Men come back in December in the same time slot? Hrmmmm
Is Mad Men any good?  Never seen an episode.  All I know is there are lots of big boobs on it so it has my interest.

Mad Men is pretty good, seasons 1-2 are a little slow moving but the characters are what kept me coming back along with the 1960's setting, as I'm a fan of retro setting drama's. I just finished season 4 on netflix, and it was the best season yet. Looking forward to seeing how thing's develop when Season 5 debuts sometime in 2012.

Back to Walking Dead, I have a strong feeling that Rick's group may be leaving the farm to end Season 2 after a major conflict between some major characters. Setting up Season 3 to have Rick and his group on the road in the dangerous open. Just a guess as this show doesn't follow the comic directly and is a very loose adaptation of the series. POTENTIAL SPOILERS

For instance in the comic
-Shane is already dead, shot by Carl as Shane is about to kill Rick.
-Sophia is still alive
-Daryl and T-Dog are characters that exclusively appear on TV
-Maggie ends up leaving her Father at the farm so she can be with Glenn.

If you have a chance I'd suggest pick up one of the collected editions of the comic in Graphic Novel format. It's by far my favorite comic at the moment.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#91 : November 30, 2011, 05:44:48 PM

I don't even get the reason for T-dog's existence. Maybe he has a bigger role later on down the road....but so far he miswell not even be on the show. They should get him more involved.

Daryl is actually my favorite character on the show, so I'm glad he was added. Could just be I'm a big Boondock Saints fan.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#92 : December 01, 2011, 01:13:44 PM

I don't even get the reason for T-dog's existence. Maybe he has a bigger role later on down the road....but so far he miswell not even be on the show. They should get him more involved.

Daryl is actually my favorite character on the show, so I'm glad he was added. Could just be I'm a big Boondock Saints fan.

I'd love to see T-Dog killed and for Tyrese and Michonne be introduced from the comic book series, both are much more interesting and would bring more to the show than T-Dog. I surprisingly like Daryl as a new made for TV character.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

freddy

Hall of Famer
#93 : December 04, 2011, 06:59:56 PM

DAMMIT!

What are we going to do now, at least after previous losses we could always count on a few zombies getting messed up.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#94 : December 04, 2011, 07:45:13 PM

DAMMIT!

What are we going to do now, at least after previous losses we could always count on a few zombies getting messed up.

Right there with you bro. Sucks!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#95 : December 04, 2011, 08:04:06 PM

DAMMIT!

Right there with you bro. Sucks!

Well, son of a **CENSORED**...

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#96 : February 13, 2012, 03:10:16 PM

time to bump this sucka.  have it on tivo.  will watch this afternoon.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#97 : February 13, 2012, 03:33:40 PM

time to bump this sucka.  have it on tivo.  will watch this afternoon.
I thought it was a good episode.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#98 : February 13, 2012, 03:52:07 PM

Yup ...should be interesting how they approach the "car accident"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#99 : February 13, 2012, 06:15:33 PM

I was watching the Asian kid do an interview on G4 and he said that he realizes a lot of fans were complaining about how last season seemed to drag on, but he promised it was all important and had meaning and that the pace would be picking up this season. All he said for sure was they would be leaving the safety of the farm. Last nights episode felt like the pace was changing.

Rick got all chuck norris on us. Lolz.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#100 : February 13, 2012, 06:40:49 PM

SPOILER

First, if you re reading this thread, you should be up to date on the program, so read on at your own risk.

The ending of the episode was bad azz! And the previews made it look more like a battle at the OK corral. Unless the walkers have learned how to use guns and shoot back. Very interesting.

But who was that guy? They seemed to know him but either I missed that episode of just didn't make the connection.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#101 : February 14, 2012, 07:37:36 AM

just two random guys they ran into in town. They were not zombies.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#102 : February 14, 2012, 07:42:41 AM

just two random guys they ran into in town. They were not zombies.

...that apparently have more friends, and they aren't happy.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#103 : February 14, 2012, 07:51:48 AM

Their opening statement just puzzled me for a moment when they said "Hey, they're alive" as if they knew them from before and thought they were dead. But Rick has turned bad ass and I liked the preview of Herschel with the gun too. Hope this half of the season is a little more fast paced.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#104 : February 14, 2012, 07:53:20 AM

I think they were just surprised to see people that weren't zombiefied.

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 54
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Walking Dead « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools