Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Walking Dead « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 54

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
: October 15, 2011, 10:00:23 AM

Season 2 airs this Sunday night at 9pm EST

Anyone else watch this great show?

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 15, 2011, 02:34:17 PM

Ya I watched the first episode yesterday on netflix. I want to watch the rest before seeing the new season. Maybe the worst thing to wake up to after a coma.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 15, 2011, 05:22:51 PM

I enjoyed the first few episodes, and I read the entire comic series up til last year. I don't really like it though to be honest, just a bunch of contrived drama. I was super pissed that one of the episodes last season wasted like 10 minutes saying goodbye to some nobody character. I mean seriously, there's only 6 episodes and so much plot to cover, and you waste it on that?

They fired like all of their writers and I think the director stepped down or something though, so I hope things change drastically. I like drama, but only when it's fitting, not when it's just completely thrown in there an obligatory addition to make a show seem more serious. I'll give it a chance but I'm not expecting much.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 15, 2011, 08:25:04 PM

I am more of a "Breaking Bad" guy myself.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#4 : October 16, 2011, 07:29:06 PM

I love this show! I don't watch many shows on TV, but this one I do. I missed the first season so I picked it up on red box and I'm hooked. Can't wait for the premier tonight.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#5 : October 16, 2011, 08:52:17 PM

Great show, great comic, looking forward to a extended 13 episode season.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 20, 2011, 02:20:10 PM

Great show, great comic, looking forward to a extended 13 episode season.

Agree with all this. Can't wait to see how they handle some of the plot points from the comics and the sheer amount of characters it introduces.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 20, 2011, 06:04:44 PM

I was devastated by the first season, I didn't want it to end. Its a great series and truthfully, the first TV series I bought a season to. I haven't watched the second season yet (First episode), but I will either tonight or tomorrow from my DVR.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 21, 2011, 11:19:21 AM

You should check out American Horror Story too.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 27, 2011, 07:02:05 AM

Ya I watched the first episode yesterday on netflix. I want to watch the rest before seeing the new season. Maybe the worst thing to wake up to after a coma.
just watched episode one.  I'm hooked.  But I'm a big fan of 28 Days/Weeks Later so it's right up my alley.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 27, 2011, 07:03:02 AM

that's one of the other shows my wife and I watch.  Kind of weird at first but the story is unfolding.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 27, 2011, 07:04:48 AM

a friend of mine recommended that as well.  I'll give it a shot.  This is what Netflix is good for.  Not the collection of crappy movies.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 27, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

a friend of mine recommended that as well.  I'll give it a shot.  This is what Netflix is good for.  Not the collection of crappy movies.

+1 , also have a friend who recommended Breaking Bad. I'll have to catch up with it.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 29, 2011, 03:56:54 AM

that's one of the other shows my wife and I watch.  Kind of weird at first but the story is unfolding.
Good show. Can't believe what they get away with on regular tv. I'm hoping Directv doesn't lose FX.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 29, 2011, 06:42:59 AM

Good show. Can't believe what they get away with on regular tv. I'm hoping Directv doesn't lose FX.
yeah.  we are pissed about it. This last week might be the last show we see since we have DirectTV.  Supposedly FX is part of the Fox package and DTV is threatening to pull all of them.  Can't see that happening.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 54
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Walking Dead « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools