Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Walking Dead « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 54

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#45 : November 14, 2011, 09:35:25 PM

Sounds about right. I don't read the comic, but I did pick up the graphic novel in Books-a-million one day and read about 5 minutes worth. Some crazy crazy stuff in store down the road. I almost bought it, but I don't want to ruin the show. It's the one thing me and my wife both like to watch.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#46 : November 14, 2011, 09:58:04 PM

Sounds about right. I don't read the comic, but I did pick up the graphic novel in Books-a-million one day and read about 5 minutes worth. Some crazy crazy stuff in store down the road. I almost bought it, but I don't want to ruin the show. It's the one thing me and my wife both like to watch.

Yeah, I like the comic and the show both. But they are completely different, there are characters in the show that weren't in the comic. By this time in the comic Shane was dead, guy never saw the farm in the comic. I like how both are different yet good on their own. So glad this show came around since I didn't really watch much of anything on TV unless it was sports or Pawn Stars since LOST concluded.

Glad to see others are enjoying the show.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#47 : November 14, 2011, 10:08:07 PM

its an excellent show. 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#48 : November 14, 2011, 10:45:09 PM

Yea my wife rolled her eyes at the idea of this show...but I was like...just watch it...now she is hooked. Youre right..its perfect medicine for a sad sad sad Bucs performance.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#49 : November 14, 2011, 11:58:32 PM

I kinda figured that was the case Bucs Pride on the walkers in the barn.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#50 : November 15, 2011, 08:14:16 AM

I've  fallen 3 episodes behind.  I've been too obsessed with Breaking Bad.  26 episodes in 2 weeks.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#51 : November 15, 2011, 08:32:47 AM

yes. I have too much free time.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#52 : November 15, 2011, 09:54:09 AM

I just 'wikid' Breaking Bade. Kinda curious how you can have incurable, advanced lung cancer for 5 years.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#53 : November 15, 2011, 10:25:10 AM

drug money has bought him the best oncologist in the sw.    Like I said I've watched 26 out of 44 episodes.  So far his initial diagnosis was inoperable stage 3 cancer with maybe a year to live.  He responded very well to kemo and his doctors decided they could perform surgery now on him which has extended his time for a couple years.  I don't know if thats realistic or not but that's the storyline as I know it.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#54 : November 15, 2011, 10:35:24 AM

I kinda figured that was the case Bucs Pride on the walkers in the barn.

Yeah, I'm just curious if or when they'll introduce Michonne, The Prison or The Governor. That's when the story was the best for me personally when all that was introduced. Really impressed with how much they've actually been able to do on AMC.

I never got into Breaking Bad but I watched Mad Men on Netflix and came away unimpressed. Just a bunch of Advertise Executives sleeping around in the 60's. Maybe I'll get into Breaking Bad after football season.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#55 : November 15, 2011, 02:01:16 PM

Mad Men is a GREAT show, but opinions are like...you get the picture.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#56 : November 15, 2011, 02:08:41 PM

Mad Men is a GREAT show, but opinions are like...you get the picture.

Oh, I GET the picture

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#57 : November 15, 2011, 03:19:07 PM

AMC has got some goods shows.  that little cable channel is kicking the big 4's butts because they are willing to take chances and go after less broad viewership.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#58 : November 15, 2011, 05:59:10 PM

WD so far has been awesome. I think the zombies in the barn were either family or Otis was just a humanitarian. Sofia is an interesting side note, but the searches have to stop if they keep leading to nothing. I am more interested in how Gleen is getting screwed both in the head and other ways. He is like the keeper of the secrets. The barn zombies, the pregnancy, and the farmers daughter.

On a side note, hell on Wheels is now on just before/after WD, it looks decent so far with a lot of potential. Could be yet another great TV show. But I need a few more shows to make a real determination.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#59 : November 15, 2011, 06:15:00 PM

Not liking Hell on Wheels. I keep the DVR going so I can watch the WD previews for next week, but after watching the first two episodes it kinda seems like a cheesy version of Deadwood.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 54
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Walking Dead « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools