Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Walking Dead « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 54

freddy

Hall of Famer
#60 : November 15, 2011, 06:30:59 PM

Not liking Hell on Wheels. I keep the DVR going so I can watch the WD previews for next week, but after watching the first two episodes it kinda seems like a cheesy version of Deadwood.

THATS IT! I knew it was like something else I saw but couldn't think of it. I still hope it gets better, it does have potential. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#61 : November 15, 2011, 06:37:44 PM

Deadwood was actually pretty good. I was watching that and a show called Carnival a few years back but moved and discontinued my HBO. Never saw how either series ended up.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#62 : November 16, 2011, 06:05:28 PM

Didn't Carnival get cancelled before there was resolution?

Deadwood also ended prematurely, but they did come up with a makeshift ending for the series before it was supposed to actually end.

Hell On Wheels is awesome!  I am surprised that more people aren't on the wagon! 

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#63 : November 21, 2011, 05:15:09 PM

Deadwood also ended prematurely, but they did come up with a makeshift ending for the series before it was supposed to actually end.

Hell On Wheels is awesome!  I am surprised that more people aren't on the wagon!

from what i read that timeline concluded and they were going to fast forward to a new storyline. Was a great creepy show.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#64 : November 22, 2011, 04:24:14 PM

Started watching homeland on showtime on Sunday night with the woman.  Its a good story with decent action.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

freddy

Hall of Famer
#65 : November 27, 2011, 11:56:43 PM

SPOILER

Wow, Sophia was a walker and Herschel knew all along. That is why he wanted them to leave. Awesome mid-season finale

Hell on Wheels on the other hand, is going down hill fast.
: November 28, 2011, 04:11:12 PM Freddy

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#66 : November 28, 2011, 12:03:46 AM

Wow, Sophia was a walker and Herschel knew all along. That is why he wanted them to leave. Awesome mid-season finale

yup...cant wait til Feb.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#67 : November 28, 2011, 12:06:28 AM

:o DAMN IT MAN. I just about to watch it. Couldve at least warned spoilers  :'(

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#68 : November 28, 2011, 12:07:24 AM

You think Hershel knew? I didn't get that at all. Interesting.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#69 : November 28, 2011, 12:17:40 AM

Carnival was cancelled after season two. Show was glorious when it was on. Deadwood also left too soon although towards the end they had so many characters they lost the key focus on Swearingen and Bullock.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#70 : November 28, 2011, 12:40:54 AM

YES YES YES. Sophia is dead! 

freddy

Hall of Famer
#71 : November 28, 2011, 01:05:41 AM

:o DAMN IT MAN. I just about to watch it. Couldve at least warned spoilers  :'(

Sorry, wasn't thinking..... More show talk here, STOP READING IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE EPISODE YET

About Herschel knowing, just watched Talking Dead and the guest said how when they were in the swamp and Herschel said that getting the walkers use to be Otis's job. Then he noted how there was no searching or talk of Sophia at the farm before Otis's died. So it's possible Otis knew and would have said so, and may be possible Herschel didn't know.

What I found interesting though, when Glenn went to help his friends kill the walkers, Maggy nodded giving him permission to do so. 

Again, awesome episode.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler

#72 : November 28, 2011, 08:40:10 AM

Wow, what a great way to end the mid season finale until Feb!!!

I didn't watch the talking dead show afterwards but I don't think Herschel knew Sophia was a walker/zombie. He never saw her, or knew what she looked like, so I'm of the opinion that he didn't know she was in there but he may've put two and two together that they were looking for a little girl and he had a little girl walker/zombie in his barn. Very fitting that Rick was the one to take walker Sophia down.

This episode has me wanting to see the remaining episodes right now, wow what a great episode. I'm curious how much further from the comic this show strays? Which is fun for me because, usually comic adaptations are pretty faithful but I like the changes they've made for the small screen version.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#73 : November 28, 2011, 01:06:06 PM

man, you are going to anger those who have not watched it yet...

at least put SPOILER in your post to warn those who haven't seen it!  That was a major piece of the story you just blabbed off...

I watched it live, but those who planned on watching it tonight are going to be unhappy.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#74 : November 28, 2011, 01:10:41 PM

For the record, I do not think Hershel knew Sophia was in the barn, Otis may have known, but not Hershel.

I thought they would make a bigger deal about killing Hershel's wife and step son though.  That would have been more drama to add to the equasion had they drawn more attention to that...

What a great show, made me a little queasy that they had to kill Sophia that way.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 54
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Walking Dead « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools