Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Walking Dead « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 54

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#375 : November 13, 2012, 09:04:50 AM

Some people hated the Mist, thought it was a good one personally. Quite a few characters from that movie in the Walking Dead. Frank Darabont, a writer, producer, and director in the Mist is the probable connection for why we have three characters who are virtually the same in the Walking Dead as they were in the Mist. Cool stuff.

I watched "The Talking Dead" and didn't realize what was being suggested when I had first watched this last episode.

*Spoiler*
Apparently, that Zombie that Rick stabs in the gut was implied to have eaten Laurie. I don't know how I didn't put that together. There was supposedly the bullet fragment on the ground and Laurie's hair, neither of which I saw in the first time watching. The show's director elaborated on this during "The Talking Dead".

There was a scene that was cut out where Maggie who was riding the motorcycle with Daryl strike up a conversation about everything and Daryl talks about losing Carol. The Director said it was a very strong scene that he was upset was cut out. He believes the footage may surface via DVD or something, but again, said it was an important part that was unfortunately left out.

The gladiator fight scene in the town, the actor's did their own stunts.

The vote this week was, "Should the team have killed all of the prisoners on sight in the last episode?". What do you guys think, approximately 62% said No.

*Next Week's Sneak Peak*
All they showed was Andrea striking up a relationship with the Governor. If you've been watching the show, you've probably seen this coming a mile away, but it looks like they are taking the next step in their relationship.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#376 : November 13, 2012, 12:37:29 PM

*Next Week's Sneak Peak*
All they showed was Andrea striking up a relationship with the Governor. If you've been watching the show, you've probably seen this coming a mile away, but it looks like they are taking the next step in their relationship.

"let's bang, while my dead zombie daughter is chained up in the corner of the room...she'll go nuts."

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#377 : November 13, 2012, 12:45:43 PM

Doesn't the Gov already have a love interest? I remember one scene where, as he was leaving his place, he looked back at the naked (but strategically covered) girl still asleep in bed.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#378 : November 13, 2012, 12:47:45 PM

Quote from: Freddy
Doesn't the Gov already have a love interest? I remember one scene where, as he was leaving his place, he looked back at the naked (but strategically covered) girl still asleep in bed.

It was probably his daughter.  :D

pewtergirl2010

Second String
#379 : November 13, 2012, 03:33:16 PM

Some people hated the Mist, thought it was a good one personally. Quite a few characters from that movie in the Walking Dead. Frank Darabont, a writer, producer, and director in the Mist is the probable connection for why we have three characters who are virtually the same in the Walking Dead as they were in the Mist. Cool stuff.

I watched "The Talking Dead" and didn't realize what was being suggested when I had first watched this last episode.

*Spoiler*
Apparently, that Zombie that Rick stabs in the gut was implied to have eaten Laurie. I don't know how I didn't put that together. There was supposedly the bullet fragment on the ground and Laurie's hair, neither of which I saw in the first time watching. The show's director elaborated on this during "The Talking Dead".

There was a scene that was cut out where Maggie who was riding the motorcycle with Daryl strike up a conversation about everything and Daryl talks about losing Carol. The Director said it was a very strong scene that he was upset was cut out. He believes the footage may surface via DVD or something, but again, said it was an important part that was unfortunately left out.

The gladiator fight scene in the town, the actor's did their own stunts.

The vote this week was, "Should the team have killed all of the prisoners on sight in the last episode?". What do you guys think, approximately 62% said No.

*Next Week's Sneak Peak*
I'm giving a side eye to that zombie eating Lori. It makes no sense that that zombie ate all of her clothing, bones etc. I rewatched the scene and there is not one piece of clothing that she had on lying around. The only thing still there was her pants and boots that they took off. Also carl had his vest jacket that he took off laying beside Lori.  When Rick and the crew came upon T-dog being eaten he still had on his pants and his bones and all were pretty much intact. And he had 2 zombies munching on him...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#380 : November 13, 2012, 08:44:38 PM

Oh damn. You totally ruined the believability of the zombie Apocalypse show!

Draft Aaron Donald

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#381 : November 13, 2012, 08:47:19 PM

Just enjoy the fact that the worst character suffered a fitting end.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#382 : November 14, 2012, 09:25:13 AM

Quote from: JDouble
Oh damn. You totally ruined the believability of the zombie Apocalypse show!

Contestant: I'll take a katana wielding ninja with two pet zombies for 1000, Alex.

Alex: That's the Daily Double!

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#383 : November 14, 2012, 04:40:33 PM

It was a misstep trying to have the correlation of Lori's body missing and somehow fully consumed by the walker. It was 'nt handled well even if I got the inference. The same with Carol. They just kinda glossed her death over.

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#384 : November 14, 2012, 04:42:33 PM

And I keep waiting for the Governer to snap ala Comic Version  ........ but I'm beginning to think they wont be exactly true to just how bad he was in the comic.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#385 : November 14, 2012, 07:05:40 PM

It was a misstep trying to have the correlation of Lori's body missing and somehow fully consumed by the walker. It was 'nt handled well even if I got the inference. The same with Carol. They just kinda glossed her death over.

In the previews to next week's episode it shows them finding Carol's knife sticking out of a zombie, and they are all like "Carol's Knife?!" So I don't think she is dead. I think they left it open like that on purpose because she is still alive and will be back. Otherwise she would have had a death scene. Everyone gets a death scene.

It was handled poorly in my opinion though, because why would they just assume she was dead? I mean they didn't even look for her! They saw TDog was dead and found her scarf and were "yep....she's dead" Really? I thought that was pretty lame. As close knit as the group has become, I find it hard to believe nobody would go search for her. Especially Daryl.

Draft Aaron Donald

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#386 : November 14, 2012, 07:09:37 PM

As far as Lory's remains completely fitting inside the zombies stomach....I wouldn't get to caught up on what's really feasible and what isn't. I mean in reality all the zombies' teeth would have rotted and fallen out by now so they couldn't even bite anyone. They'd just we gumming you at this point!

Draft Aaron Donald

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#387 : November 15, 2012, 09:32:26 AM

I still say Carol should be alive, the show likes to have little bits of symbolism here and there. I think T-Dogg died and they gave his death purpose by him saving Carol so she can go on.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#388 : November 15, 2012, 09:42:27 AM

Yea, I agree. Carol is alive.

pewtergirl2010

Second String
#389 : November 15, 2012, 03:10:34 PM

As far as Lory's remains completely fitting inside the zombies stomach....I wouldn't get to caught up on what's really feasible and what isn't. I mean in reality all the zombies' teeth would have rotted and fallen out by now so they couldn't even bite anyone. They'd just we gumming you at this point!
      The only reason I'm rolling my eyes at the idea fo the zombie eating all of Lori, is because we have never, at any time in the past,  seen a zombie do that. Also it looked like he had dragged her a few feet, which we have also never seen before. Also I firmly  believe that Carol is alive.
Page: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 54
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Walking Dead « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools