Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Black and Gold message board. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
: October 17, 2011, 10:25:38 AM

http://blackandgold.com/saints/37296-what-just-happend.html

Love it!

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#1 : October 17, 2011, 10:28:53 AM

hahah funny I was actully going to post this link.

Terrible O-Line play? ok how about the fact that our first round pick was in your face all day.

Bad calls? Yeah like Biggers didn't get screwed

We shut down your run game, forced your QB in bad throws, run the ball at will, and just beat you fair and square.

They are a superbowl contender, no doubt, and Brees is an amazing QB, but we beat them and it wasnt a gimmick type "scoreboard doesnt tell story win"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 17, 2011, 10:29:35 AM

we've beat them 3 out of the last 4 IIRC.  Why the surprise?  divisional foes usually play each other tough.  NO's defense is not good this year.  don't think they will contend.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 17, 2011, 10:30:38 AM

To be honest, we should have beaten them by more than 6.  Just my opinion.

Glad we won, but I would not want to see Brees coming down the field with 2 mins to go.  Nor would I want to see him coming down the field with 30 seconds to go!

Espescially with the "bend but don't break" theory applied.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 17, 2011, 10:35:31 AM

"And why is Tampa Bay classified as a bad team? I think their pretty damn good and should make the playoffs this year..."

Alright...who snuck in there??

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 17, 2011, 10:38:00 AM

I just registered there but awaiting approval.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#6 : October 17, 2011, 10:39:11 AM

yea i agree we shoulda won more convincing but hey ish happens...I'm just glad that Brees didn't see R.Meacheam on that pick to Black...he had em on the opposite corner of the endzone...i guess he didn't see em cuz he was geting harassed all game...lol

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 17, 2011, 10:49:04 AM

Meacham can be open all he wants on the opposite side of the endzone - the play was a designed roll-out to the right. Any kind of pressure and that option is unavailable.

The reason the game came down to the wire is that nonsense PI call on Elbert Mack.  I find it completely laughable that the Saints fans are using the refs as an excuse.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 17, 2011, 10:59:43 AM

yea i agree we shoulda won more convincing but hey ish happens...I'm just glad that Brees didn't see R.Meacheam on that pick to Black...he had em on the opposite corner of the endzone...i guess he didn't see em cuz he was geting harassed all game...lol

True, but don't discount the quality of the team the Bucs were playing. They are good.. There are rarely easy wins in this league.. save for the 49ers-Bucs game last week  ;)

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 17, 2011, 11:06:21 AM

Mitch writes, "And why is Tampa Bay classified as a bad team? I think their pretty damn good and should make the playoffs this year..."

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#10 : October 17, 2011, 11:10:58 AM

We need sort out our 2nd half scoring issues. I think once we do we'll be ok. Despite that we're 4-2 and tied for the division lead. Freeman will get better. And he admitted that they didn't play a perfect game and that they left points on the field. So I'm optimistic they'll figure it out.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 17, 2011, 11:12:36 AM

I thought the same thing. Meacham was WIDE open...way on the other side of the field. Instead of jumping around and flailing his arms, he probably should have worked back across the field so his QB could see him. Bennett and Geno were baring down from Brees left, there's no way he is able to throw that ball all the way across the field on that play.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 17, 2011, 11:25:51 AM

I thought the same thing. Meacham was WIDE open...way on the other side of the field. Instead of jumping around and flailing his arms, he probably should have worked back across the field so his QB could see him. Bennett and Geno were baring down from Brees left, there's no way he is able to throw that ball all the way across the field on that play.
He was only wide open because the Brees rolled out to the opposite side of the field so the D reacted and went that way.

BucNative

Starter

#13 : October 17, 2011, 11:31:21 AM

I thought this was worth noting.  There are quite a few posts on that thread pointing out Drew Brees' poor play, like this one...

"WTF!!! Now, I in no way think Tampa is a bad team but I do believe that there is no way we should lose a game to them. 3 ints? Come on Drew!!! Who in the hell did he see in the end-zone? I know he was under "some" pressure, but not enough to have to throw that pass."

I think what this guy (and maybe others over there) are forgetting is the fact that it was 4th and goal on that play.  If Brees doesn't throw that ball and takes the sack the ball was going to be turned over on downs anyway.  The questionable call was going for it on 4th down and not taking the FG and trying to get the ball back and tie with another FG.  They went for it, but at that point Brees either had to make something happen or its over anyway.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 17, 2011, 11:36:56 AM

I think what this guy (and maybe others over there) are forgetting is the fact that it was 4th and goal on that play.  If Brees doesn't throw that ball and takes the sack the ball was going to be turned over on downs anyway.  The questionable call was going for it on 4th down and not taking the FG and trying to get the ball back and tie with another FG.  They went for it, but at that point Brees either had to make something happen or its over anyway.

I agree. My only criticism is Brees has to put some mustard on that pass.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Black and Gold message board. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools