Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Black and Gold message board. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 17, 2011, 11:45:34 AM

"Face it. This game was an aberration. It's one of those "one in a million" type freakazoid things. There's nothing to be done but regroup, and get the Bucs back here at home in a few weeks and handle them then. Raheem Morris has finally beaten Sean Payton, in a game with starters when it counts, but there is an asterix next to it."

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 17, 2011, 11:48:10 AM

I thought the same thing. Meacham was WIDE open...way on the other side of the field. Instead of jumping around and flailing his arms, he probably should have worked back across the field so his QB could see him. Bennett and Geno were baring down from Brees left, there's no way he is able to throw that ball all the way across the field on that play.

I watched that play several times.  Yes, Meacham looked wide open but TJack was lurking in the middle of the end zone and if Brees tried to throw that ball across his body while running to his right, I am fairly certain TJack would have gotten his second INT of the game.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 17, 2011, 11:50:44 AM

A lot of complaining and whining about the refs going on. Not just this week but last week as well. I like our chances after a long bye week with hopefully our starting DT and RB back and T-Jack in game shape.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 17, 2011, 11:58:28 AM

If this team can win 3 straight games against good teams then we have a real shot at the playoffs. That would put us at 6-2, and 3-0 in the division. With 2 games against the Panthers left who can't stay healthy and Cam is finally struggling.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 17, 2011, 12:05:28 PM

Well, the Saints fans will get their chance again to curse out the Bucs because in three weeks they have to play again. Only one game and a bye between the next meeting in New Orleans. Weird that the schedule makers would do that, but guess that's the way it is.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#20 : October 17, 2011, 01:18:12 PM

I thought the same thing. Meacham was WIDE open...way on the other side of the field. Instead of jumping around and flailing his arms, he probably should have worked back across the field so his QB could see him. Bennett and Geno were baring down from Brees left, there's no way he is able to throw that ball all the way across the field on that play.

I watched that play several times.  Yes, Meacham looked wide open but TJack was lurking in the middle of the end zone and if Brees tried to throw that ball across his body while running to his right, I am fairly certain TJack would have gotten his second INT of the game.

Depends where he throws the ball.   I think if he throws it to Meacham, it's a TD.   He also had a guy open right in front of him a little to the left, but chose to throw to the back of the end zone straight ahead right into the coverage.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 17, 2011, 01:19:43 PM

Having Michael Bennett and Geno Hayes right in your face can make even pro-bowl QBs look silly.

This was an awesome game.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 17, 2011, 01:24:14 PM

Awesome if you think it's fair to play the opponent on a day they lose their head coach to fluke injury early in the game when the score is 0 to 0.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 17, 2011, 01:25:28 PM

Probably in my top 15 favorite regular season Buccaneer victories.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 17, 2011, 01:26:31 PM

You must have started watching in 2009 then.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 17, 2011, 01:27:29 PM

Negatory

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 17, 2011, 01:28:55 PM

Depends where he throws the ball.   I think if he throws it to Meacham, it's a TD.   He also had a guy open right in front of him a little to the left, but chose to throw to the back of the end zone straight ahead right into the coverage.

I blame it on Payton. If he is on the sidelies Brees makes that pass.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 17, 2011, 01:30:28 PM

I don't think it would have been possible for Brees to even throw it to Meachem.

Off his back foot with pressure in his face, completely across his body with Tanard Jackson lurking?

Nah...thats justs wishful thinking by Saints fans.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 17, 2011, 01:30:41 PM

To be honest, we should have beaten them by more than 6.  Just my opinion.

Glad we won, but I would not want to see Brees coming down the field with 2 mins to go.  Nor would I want to see him coming down the field with 30 seconds to go!

Espescially with the "bend but don't break" theory applied.

If your not the youngest team in the league then they probably could have won by more than six. Plus this offense is too good. You know they are gonna put at least 20 on you.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 17, 2011, 01:32:46 PM

I don't think it would have been possible for Brees to even throw it to Meachem.

Off his back foot with pressure in his face, completely across his body with Tanard Jackson lurking?

Nah...thats justs wishful thinking by Saints fans.
His best option was his RB he was going to probably at least pick up the first down there

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Black and Gold message board. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools