Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Black and Gold message board. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#30 : October 17, 2011, 01:48:31 PM

I thought the same thing. Meacham was WIDE open...way on the other side of the field. Instead of jumping around and flailing his arms, he probably should have worked back across the field so his QB could see him. Bennett and Geno were baring down from Brees left, there's no way he is able to throw that ball all the way across the field on that play.

I watched that play several times.  Yes, Meacham looked wide open but TJack was lurking in the middle of the end zone and if Brees tried to throw that ball across his body while running to his right, I am fairly certain TJack would have gotten his second INT of the game.

Depends where he throws the ball.   I think if he throws it to Meacham, it's a TD.   He also had a guy open right in front of him a little to the left, but chose to throw to the back of the end zone straight ahead right into the coverage.

I blame it on Payton. If he is on the sidelies Brees makes that pass.

I didn't like their formation in the first place.   Had Payton been there, they would not have run that play.   Probably wouldn't have had to because they would have been up by 2 TDs already.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 17, 2011, 01:50:23 PM

I don't think it would have been possible for Brees to even throw it to Meachem.

Off his back foot with pressure in his face, completely across his body with Tanard Jackson lurking?

Nah...thats justs wishful thinking by Saints fans.

I've seen Favre make that kind of throw many times.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 17, 2011, 01:53:12 PM

Drew Brees ain't Favre man.

Not as big or tall and doesn't have that kind of arm strength.

BuccaNova

Starter
#33 : October 17, 2011, 01:57:04 PM

And be intercepted....

rob

Rookie
#34 : October 17, 2011, 02:09:33 PM

Awesome if you think it's fair to play the opponent on a day they lose their head coach to fluke injury early in the game when the score is 0 to 0.
Give it a rest.

No matter how hard you wish he had been there and for the outcome to be different, he wasn't and it isn't.  Saying the same thing over and over wont change anything.

Face it, your team got beat (and by your team I mean any team facing the Buccaneers, evidently.)

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 17, 2011, 02:21:00 PM

And be intercepted....

When I say "make", that means completed.   If it was an interception, that would not be considered to be "making" it, that would be missing it.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 17, 2011, 02:22:04 PM

Java. Which team do you root for??

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 17, 2011, 02:25:13 PM

Looking at that picture, there's no way Brees gets that throw there in time. He'd have to throw off his back foot with Bennett and Hayes about to kill him, and doing that would give Tanard more than enough time to get there as he was already shifting in that direction. Probably would have been a pick 6 if he attempted that throw, honestly.

Also, that board has absolutely abysmal grammar. I sure hope the majority of Saints fans aren't that uneducated.

BuccaNova

Starter
#38 : October 17, 2011, 02:25:50 PM

Hey, it's all semantics, but the QB makes the throw no matter who makes the catch.  You're right, though. It's the kind of gunslinging, oft-backfiring, exciting-yet-dumb kind of a thing Favre did that made him the beloved institution he is today.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 17, 2011, 02:37:16 PM

Oh, and to everyone who had a heart attack about passing on Jordan for Clayborn:

Jordan: 10 tackles, 6 solo, 0 sack, 0 TFL
Clayborn: 10 tackles, 8 solo, 2 sack, 1 FF, 1 PD, 1 TFL

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 17, 2011, 02:42:18 PM

Awesome if you think it's fair to play the opponent on a day they lose their head coach to fluke injury early in the game when the score is 0 to 0.

Yeah totally unfair. We should re-scheduled the game.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 17, 2011, 02:43:26 PM

And be intercepted....

When I say "make", that means completed.   If it was an interception, that would not be considered to be "making" it, that would be missing it.

Im sure we can find many pictures where Freeman didnt see an open guy as the same for Brees. Doesnt change the outcome and never will. Your attempts to bring down fans is disgusting.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 17, 2011, 05:36:37 PM

No one tells Brees what to run in the red zone.  Not Payton or anyone.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Sello

Second String

#43 : October 17, 2011, 06:14:19 PM

They keep talking about the last drive and the wide open meachem....crying about how they would have won if brees saw him..i guess they forgot we have captain comeback. we had 3 timeouts and im sure freesus would have lead us down at set  Barth up to win  the game anyways..we did have 3 timeouts.  and the Saints defense didnt scare me all game. I wish the saints fans would just give us some credit for who dat who beat dem saints ..the bucs dat is.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 17, 2011, 07:02:08 PM

Also funny how they assume the game would be over if that was a touchdown at the end. Bucs would have had all 3 time outs, 2 minute warning, and nearly 3 minutes left.

With the way their defense was playing, I doubt they stop Freeman in a 2-minute offense from getting into field goal range.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Black and Gold message board. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools