Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Bucs ...... « previous next »
Page: 1

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
: October 17, 2011, 08:23:02 PM

remember what they did this week or revert in London?  Did they GET it?  That's my concern.  I wonder if they felt the difference in terms of effort.  Was it the playcalling? Is it because the next man up psyche hypes up that guy who is pthe next man and then that becomes infectious with the team trying to help out by picking it up?  I wish we could know if there is a body/mind kineshtetic sensation that they can actually feel and duplicate in the future.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#1 : October 17, 2011, 08:27:35 PM

i guess we'll have to wait and see

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 17, 2011, 08:28:54 PM

I think a big part of it was the fact that they are still the youngest team in the league and are still learning. Most of these guys have now played the Saints 4-6 times and are familiar with them inside and out, whereas they are still learning about the other teams. Makes it easier to study and understand the film they are watching and they have better familiarity with the Saints and their schemes once they hit the field than they do with other teams.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 17, 2011, 11:32:39 PM

I think we learned a few things with the last win.

We don't necessarily need Blount to win a game.
Tampa CAN indeed beat an over .500 team.
Even without McCoy, the line can still lay down the lumber.

I don't know if we can say they "get it" yet, or are still a "up and down" team, but Freeman did show flashes of his normal self again and I think he's got his confidence/swagger back. 

So if I had to say one or the other, I'd have to say, yeah, they should win this one and they got their groove back. One thing is for sure though. If TB can beat the Saints at nearly full strength, TB can beat anyone, even the Bears in London. We both lost to be Lions, but beat the Vikes so it should be a good match up either way. The edge may go to the Bucs however, just for getting the flyover over sooner.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#4 : October 17, 2011, 11:50:09 PM

Sunday can't come quick enough.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 18, 2011, 12:00:11 AM

Here's what I see: we didn't know how good the Niners were before last week and a lot of people shrugged aside our 21-point win there last year. Give us a short week and the reality that they're much better and a blowout was inevitable. But then you add them beating Detroit on the road and the Niners look pretty remarkable.
Chicago, meanwhile, has been up and down. Blew out the Falcons in Week 1 and blew out the Vikes yesterday, but barely got by Panthers and then had double-digit losses to the Packers, Lions and Saints. They don't have a road win yet this year. They've already played four home games in six weeks. They're not at home and while the trend may indicate they're due for a closer game against a good team, I see a team reliant upon defense that has given up 125 points over their last five games. Their passing D stats are virtually identical to ours (and with Jackson back it's tough to make the case they're better there) while our run D is actually better. So IMHO this points to a Bucs win of 4-7 points, call it 28-24.

In Verner We Trust

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 18, 2011, 03:48:20 AM

I think we learned a few things with the last win.

We don't necessarily need Blount to win a game.
Tampa CAN indeed beat an over .500 team.
Even without McCoy, the line can still lay down the lumber.

I don't know if we can say they "get it" yet, or are still a "up and down" team, but Freeman did show flashes of his normal self again and I think he's got his confidence/swagger back. 

So if I had to say one or the other, I'd have to say, yeah, they should win this one and they got their groove back. One thing is for sure though. If TB can beat the Saints at nearly full strength, TB can beat anyone, even the Bears in London. We both lost to be Lions, but beat the Vikes so it should be a good match up either way. The edge may go to the Bucs however, just for getting the flyover over sooner.

I read in USA Today the Bucs are favored by 1

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Parkinho

Practice Squad

#7 : October 18, 2011, 07:24:33 AM

As long as neither team has one of "those" days I see the London game as being pretty close. Hopefully we hit Cutler a couple of times early on to set the tone. Little differences like the differing travel arrangements of the teams really could make a difference on this one.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#8 : October 18, 2011, 07:37:55 AM

It all depends on whether they can somehow injure Lovie.

westcoastbuc

Second String

#9 : October 18, 2011, 08:03:13 AM

Last week was a huge gut check, it might turn the season around.

WestCoastBuc~

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 18, 2011, 12:14:10 PM

Poor Lovie has gotta be concerned!!!!  lol

Bears by one yesterday in Vegas is really even steven as far as I'm concerned...or .Same as Bucs by one.  I think we can get to Cutler early and often and win on that one dynamic.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#11 : October 18, 2011, 02:49:37 PM

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1286075.0.html

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 18, 2011, 02:51:46 PM

It all depends on whether they can somehow injure Lovie.

LOL

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Bucs ...... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools