Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Palmer to the Raiders? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#30 : October 18, 2011, 11:33:43 AM

Wow. Bash our front office all you want for being stingy or not going after enough big name guys.....but I'll take our front office all day long over this kind of ridiculousness. I honestly feel sorry for Raider fans. I think I would have to jump ship. I just couldn't root for an organization that showed this level of idiocy.

Again had GRDEN been here...that most likely would of been us...he always wanted to carry 17 QBs

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 18, 2011, 11:45:30 AM

Wow. Bash our front office all you want for being stingy or not going after enough big name guys.....but I'll take our front office all day long over this kind of ridiculousness. I honestly feel sorry for Raider fans. I think I would have to jump ship. I just couldn't root for an organization that showed this level of idiocy.

Again had GRDEN been here...that most likely would of been us...he always wanted to carry old washed up QBs

Fixed.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#32 : October 18, 2011, 11:46:57 AM

Again had GRDEN been here...that most likely would of been us...he always wanted to carry 17 old washed up QBs

Fixed.

Fixed again.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#33 : October 18, 2011, 11:50:13 AM

hahahahhahhaa..both of you guys totally correct...that was just Grudens "PLAN"...lmfao

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 18, 2011, 11:56:16 AM

carson palmer is only 31.  now in a heavily based running attack.  while it looks awful on the surface, it might not be that bad for the raiders.  a 1st and a 2nd is a lot...but not if palmer can give them 4ish years at a relatively high level.

hand off to mcfadden and bush, play action bombs to denarious, bey, and murphy.  Al would love it.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#35 : October 18, 2011, 12:03:45 PM

carson palmer is only 31.  now in a heavily based running attack.  while it looks awful on the surface, it might not be that bad for the raiders.  a 1st and a 2nd is a lot...but not if palmer can give them 4ish years at a relatively high level.

hand off to mcfadden and bush, play action bombs to denarious, bey, and murphy.  Al would love it.

ok but if the sweet orange turns sower..then what?..i question his loyalty and im glad we are not involved...i hope it pans out for both teams...but its too much of a risk with a guy that stands tall to get his way

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#36 : October 18, 2011, 12:06:57 PM

wow.  At this stage in Palmer's career, Orton from the Broncos would have been about the same but WAY less costly in picks.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 18, 2011, 12:07:13 PM

ok but if the sweet orange turns sower..then what?..

make mojo chicken?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#38 : October 18, 2011, 12:16:20 PM

wow.  At this stage in Palmer's career, Orton from the Broncos would have been about the same but WAY less costly in picks.

i agree Orton is not as bad the media portraits him to be..he's solid at the QB position..kinda like Campbell an average QB

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#39 : October 18, 2011, 12:17:36 PM

Agreed.  The only question is how much does Palmer really have left.  His drop-off in play was pretty steep post-injury.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#40 : October 18, 2011, 12:19:42 PM

Agreed.

If not Orton, why not throw your rookie into the fire? I mean they just spent a 3rd on Terrell Pryor. Why not see what he's got? They are a physical team that runs first. Pryor could do well in that situation and get some much needed experience. Nah....let's continue to throw away our future in bone headed trades. THAT sounds good. This is right up there with giving Randy Moss away for a 4th and giving up a 1st for old ass Richard Seymour. Raiders are stupid. Can't blame Al anymore.
: October 18, 2011, 12:21:15 PM JDouble

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#41 : October 18, 2011, 12:26:21 PM

Agreed.

If not Orton, why not throw your rookie into the fire? I mean they just spent a 3rd on Terrell Pryor. Why not see what he's got? They are a physical team that runs first. Pryor could do well in that situation and get some much needed experience. Nah....let's continue to throw away our future in bone headed trades. THAT sounds good. This is right up there with giving Randy Moss away for a 4th and giving up a 1st for old ass Richard Seymour. Raiders are stupid. Can't blame Al anymore.

i guess that's their "PLAN" the window for them isn't close to shutting down though... some how they have a wider window then like a team like the Chargers who if they don't go younger in the next year will miss their 2 inch gap on their window

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 18, 2011, 12:33:54 PM

WOW the raiders must think they are set to win the superbowl...
outside of QB they are pretty good

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 18, 2011, 12:39:49 PM

and yet if we were playing them next Sun I don't know that we would win, especially if they still had Campbell. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#44 : October 18, 2011, 12:58:39 PM

and yet if we were playing them next Sun I don't know that we would win, especially if they still had Campbell.

Well we have been rebuilding for 2 years and the Raiders have been rebuilding since 2002 with many, many top 10 picks......so they should be able to beat us.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Palmer to the Raiders? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools