Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The NFLs Worst Owner « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 21, 2011, 02:04:55 AM

My vote goes to the late Al Davis.  He moves the team, then moves them back.  Meddled big time in the operation.  If you were fast, Al would draft you. It didn't matter if you were a good football player or not.

No way AJ...  The NFL is what it is today because of guys like Al...!

He only went all Bat-$#it crazy as he got old...

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 21, 2011, 02:06:11 AM

My vote goes to the late Al Davis.  He moves the team, then moves them back.  Meddled big time in the operation.  If you were fast, Al would draft you. It didn't matter if you were a good football player or not.

No way AJ...  The NFL is what it is today because of guys like Al...!

He only went all Bat-$#it crazy as he got old...

You mean for the last 20 years?  Dude was 85 or something I believe.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 21, 2011, 02:07:54 AM

Al was sane enough to hire Gruden.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 21, 2011, 02:08:32 AM

Mike Brown is the worst owner in the league.  end of discussion.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#19 : October 21, 2011, 02:09:16 AM

You guys can banter back and forth all you want about who is the worst owner.  But the proof is in the pudding.   The team with the most blackouts has the worst owner.   Period.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 21, 2011, 02:09:19 AM

best owner-the city of Green Bay, WI.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 21, 2011, 02:21:07 AM

This is the first I've heard of him being meddlesome.  As far as the Toronto thing, he sold the home games there because the attendance was lacking in Buffalo on gameday.  From what I heard, the Toronto games didn't draw many more people either because they saw it as competition for the Argos.  Toronto would have been the next best market for Bills fans because of the close proximity to Buffalo, so why are they b*tching about that?

I don't know "100%" PG, but - I HAVE heard it since the Jim Kelly era.  Don't know the level to which he "meddles", but when owners are too stupid to put the club's destiny in the hands of knowledgable "football guys"... It's a recipe for years of frustration IMO.

And...  Buffalo is a complete crap-hole.  The Bills are all that they've got and Wilson's taken that for granted for years...

Some of the truest diehard fans in the league...

The fact that they are one of the top 5 fan bases in the league is probably why they still have the team in Buffalo.  Wilson has gone on the record on several occasions to say that he won't move the team unless it was the absolute last resort.  The stadium there is deplorable, although I've heard that he intends to do some upgrades in the near future.  The reason that attendance was so bad a few years ago was because the economy had rocked them pretty hard.  They've recovered a bit and attendance has reflected that.
Concerning Ralph's meddling, I'll bet anything that it has to do with money.  For example, the Marshawn Lynch selection. A RB was cheaper to sign in the old negotiation process than almost any other position besides maybe LB.  He doesn't have a VP of Operations for the same reason.  He's pretty frugal.

Top 5 fanbases in the league....that is going to change person to person becuase its based solely on opinion....unless you prefix it with "top 5 in ticket sales" or "top five in estimated numbers"....I highly doubt that Bills fans would fall into most popular top fan bases based upon those or similar statistics..if its you opinion that they have a top 5 fan base...fine..Im cool with that and dont need to know your reasoning for it. Wilson is very frugal...he is banking an average of $31 mil per season due to the fact that he spends nothing on his team and hasnt in years...just like a family of owners that we are pretty familiar with.

Here is what Ralph Wilson has essentially told the Bills fans during his ownership.

"Build me a stadium at taxpayer expense or I'll move the team!"

"Give me annual payments, at taxpayer expense, for the privilege of playing in this stadium you just built me or I'll move the team!"

"Renovate this stadium you built me, at taxpayer expense, so I can have more revenue from luxury suites, or I'll move the team!"

"Buy out these overpriced luxury suites you just built for me, with 5 year commitments, or I'll move the team!"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 21, 2011, 02:22:54 AM

best owner-the city of Green Bay, WI.

NO **CENSORED**ING JOKE.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 21, 2011, 02:24:45 AM

Here is what Ralph Wilson has essentially told the Bills fans during his ownership.

"Give me annual payments, at taxpayer expense, for the privilege of playing in this stadium you just built me or I'll move the team!"

"Renovate this stadium you built me, at taxpayer expense, so I can have more revenue from luxury suites, or I'll move the team!"

"Buy out these overpriced luxury suites you just built for me, with 5 year commitments, or I'll move the team!"

How is that different from the Glazers?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 21, 2011, 02:31:33 AM

How is that different from the Glazers?

It's probably not...but the Glazers didnt hire an 80yr old man to be the GM....so that puts Wilson slightly ahead of them on this "worst list"

BucHorn

Rookie

#25 : October 21, 2011, 02:40:37 AM

Maybe as an x-Oilers fan I am biased but how could you not put "double rods" Bud Adams at the top of that list. I actually had a picture of him doing the double bird shoot to some fans. We are talking about a guy that forced his coach to draft Vince Young just to stick it to his former city (VY being a Houstonian). Look at how that turned out. The other owners don't like him either. Bud Adams was on the founders of the AFL however you never hear them giving props to him like they have with Lamar Hunt, Al Davis, and some other early AFL pioneers.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 21, 2011, 02:43:36 AM

Ya Bud Adams is a nightmare for Houston fans.

BucHorn

Rookie

#27 : October 21, 2011, 02:46:42 AM

Ya Bud Adams is a nightmare for Houston fans.

LOL, you want to see something crazy. Go to 2:35 of this video and tell me this guy is not a disgrace to the NFL.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 21, 2011, 03:02:41 AM

Holy Moley!

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 21, 2011, 03:04:41 AM

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The NFLs Worst Owner « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools