Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The NFLs Worst Owner « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucHorn

Rookie

#30 : October 21, 2011, 03:07:57 AM

Yeah, I think that was for the first picture I posted. Where he was shooting the bird from the owners box. However the video I just posted for whatever reason never really went viral. It should have because it is up close and in your face.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 21, 2011, 03:27:55 AM

The Glazers are bad but def not the worst.  Their issue is obviously their frugality.  The stadium experience at Raymond James certainly relects that.  The Jumbotron is of poor quality. There aren't many displays to show other scores around the NFL during the game.  The halftime shows are a joke.  Virtually no money is put in place to enhance the fan experience at the games despite the fact that they paid nothing for the stadium yet reap all of the rewards from it.  It disgusts me how cheap they are.  Especially since the player salaries are almost entirely paid by the NFL revenue sharing and broadcast dollars.  So what are they spending their money on?  We know it isn't free agents or stadium upgrades, that's for sure.

the jumbotrons(theres 2) were just approved to be upgraded earlier this year. there is a diplay in each corner with scrolling score of every NFL game including one in the small screen next to both jumbotron. Theres halftime shows? Im usually using the break to smoke or grab concessions. So far, Ive seen a nice Selmon memorial, military parachute into the stadium, a large band that was actually pretty good and added a bit of an NCAA fell to halftime, and an all ages cheerleading thing that had girls from about 5 years old to NFL cheerleaders. The others I was busy doing other stuff. Not sure what else you want? Black Eyed Peas? James Taylor? Celine Dion? Pantera singing **CENSORED**ing hostile?

Also, the Sports Authority has to approve anything done to the stadium as they own it and not the Bucs. RJS is also up for a SB bid every year because its one of the nicest stadiums in the NFL. Theres a reason why theyve hosted 2 in the last few years.

Most preople go to see football, not some crappy pop star sing 2 songs. You want gimmicks, go to a Rays game. Ask the Dolphins what they think of all their owners gimmicks? Seems they arent enjoying the mall, the club, or any of the other non-football related stuff.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

PewterG@tor

Starter
#32 : October 21, 2011, 04:11:42 AM

The Glazers are bad but def not the worst.  Their issue is obviously their frugality.  The stadium experience at Raymond James certainly relects that.  The Jumbotron is of poor quality. There aren't many displays to show other scores around the NFL during the game.  The halftime shows are a joke.  Virtually no money is put in place to enhance the fan experience at the games despite the fact that they paid nothing for the stadium yet reap all of the rewards from it.  It disgusts me how cheap they are.  Especially since the player salaries are almost entirely paid by the NFL revenue sharing and broadcast dollars.  So what are they spending their money on?  We know it isn't free agents or stadium upgrades, that's for sure.

the jumbotrons(theres 2) were just approved to be upgraded earlier this year. there is a diplay in each corner with scrolling score of every NFL game including one in the small screen next to both jumbotron. Theres halftime shows? Im usually using the break to smoke or grab concessions. So far, Ive seen a nice Selmon memorial, military parachute into the stadium, a large band that was actually pretty good and added a bit of an NCAA fell to halftime, and an all ages cheerleading thing that had girls from about 5 years old to NFL cheerleaders. The others I was busy doing other stuff. Not sure what else you want? Black Eyed Peas? James Taylor? Celine Dion? Pantera singing **CENSORED**ing hostile?

Also, the Sports Authority has to approve anything done to the stadium as they own it and not the Bucs. RJS is also up for a SB bid every year because its one of the nicest stadiums in the NFL. Theres a reason why theyve hosted 2 in the last few years.

Most preople go to see football, not some crappy pop star sing 2 songs. You want gimmicks, go to a Rays game. Ask the Dolphins what they think of all their owners gimmicks? Seems they arent enjoying the mall, the club, or any of the other non-football related stuff.

The Jumbotron upgrades are news to me.  If the Sports Authority has to approve any and all upgrades, I'd like to see how many proposals have come across their desks for upgrades at the Glazer's expense.  I'll bet it's not even one.  I'll bet the contract states that the Sports Authority has to do so many upgrades at taxpayer expense and that's why there's a new Jumbotron getting installed. I hope it's in HD, but it probably won't be because that means that HD cameras would have to be purchased too. 
As far as the halftime show, I was there for the parachute during the 9/11 salute.  To be honest, I never even saw the Selmon tribute and I was waiting all game for it. I may have been at the concession stand getting a drink...oh did I mention that was a game that concessions were half off and they ran out of ice and water but they still had plenty of full price beer?  The pee wee football and youth league cheerleaders perform for free.  The Punt, Pass, Kick competitions are free.  The parachute team were military, which doesn't accept a dime for the performance.  The high school marching bands perform for free.  See a trend here yet?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 21, 2011, 06:23:34 AM

Tatman - don't take that bet...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The Shadow

Starter

#34 : October 21, 2011, 09:48:52 AM

Mike Brown, Dan Snyder, Bud Adams, Stephen Ross, Ralph Wilson and a few select others should have a steel cage match to decide this one. Whoever comes out alive get's the Gadhafi treatment. Put simply, there are no winners on this list.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 21, 2011, 09:52:00 AM

You forgot to mention the dolphins did the samething to their starting QB they did to their head coach.
 They tried to trade for Kyle Orton presumably to make him the starter. They couldnt get him so Chad Henne was left the starter. They had the fan base carrying Kyle Orton signs in Training camp. Terribly ran organization.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 21, 2011, 09:56:33 AM

Ya Bud Adams is a nightmare for Houston fans.

LOL, you want to see something crazy. Go to 2:35 of this video and tell me this guy is not a disgrace to the NFL.

Remember that when it happened Horn....  Good stuff - thanks.

And "yes", a HUGE disgrace.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 21, 2011, 10:56:08 AM

Bill Bidwell.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

PewterG@tor

Starter
#38 : October 21, 2011, 01:28:44 PM

Bill Bidwell.

Love It. "They are who we thought they were...and we let 'em off the hook"

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#39 : October 21, 2011, 02:00:02 PM

Bill Bidwell.

I'm suprised it took someone this long to mention Bidwell. With the exception of one storybook playoff run fueled by Kurt Warner, the Cardinals are horrible every single year. Bad orginization from top to bottom.

benir0

Hall of Famer
#40 : October 21, 2011, 02:20:26 PM

You guys can banter back and forth all you want about who is the worst owner.  But the proof is in the pudding.   The team with the most blackouts has the worst owner.   Period.

Haha.  Period.  What the heck does that even mean?  This is even more stupid than your standard trolling.

Period.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 21, 2011, 02:35:56 PM

Bill Bidwell.

I'm suprised it took someone this long to mention Bidwell. With the exception of one storybook playoff run fueled by Kurt Warner, the Cardinals are horrible every single year. Bad orginization from top to bottom.
A lot of fans complain about cheap owners, but most of the time those teams just can't find enough good players to pay. In the last 5 years the Cardinals have lost more high-priced talent than any other team I can think of.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#42 : October 21, 2011, 03:12:14 PM

Owners of these teams are worse owners since their teams have failed to win a Super Bowl

Vikings
Texans
Chargers
Jaguars
Panthers
Falcons
Bills
Eagles
Cardinals
Seahawks
Browns
Bengals
Lions

That's how I judge owners.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#43 : October 21, 2011, 03:14:04 PM

You guys can banter back and forth all you want about who is the worst owner.  But the proof is in the pudding.   The team with the most blackouts has the worst owner.   Period.

Wouldn't that mean that team has the worst fans not owner?

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#44 : October 21, 2011, 03:19:41 PM

Wouldn't that mean that team has the worst fans not owner?
San Diego has had blackouts despite being a team with loads of talent on both sides of the ball and usually going to the playoffs.   Guess they have a bad owner. 

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The NFLs Worst Owner « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools