Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The NFLs Worst Owner « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#45 : October 21, 2011, 03:20:52 PM

Bill Bidwell.
toss up between Bidwell and Brown.  You can't go wrong picking either.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#46 : October 21, 2011, 03:56:07 PM

Tatman - don't take that bet...

lol, football games are all about the halftime show!!! Oh wait, they are FOOTBALL games.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#47 : October 21, 2011, 04:09:34 PM

The Glazers are bad but def not the worst.  Their issue is obviously their frugality.  The stadium experience at Raymond James certainly relects that.  The Jumbotron is of poor quality. There aren't many displays to show other scores around the NFL during the game.  The halftime shows are a joke.  Virtually no money is put in place to enhance the fan experience at the games despite the fact that they paid nothing for the stadium yet reap all of the rewards from it.  It disgusts me how cheap they are.  Especially since the player salaries are almost entirely paid by the NFL revenue sharing and broadcast dollars.  So what are they spending their money on?  We know it isn't free agents or stadium upgrades, that's for sure.

the jumbotrons(theres 2) were just approved to be upgraded earlier this year. there is a diplay in each corner with scrolling score of every NFL game including one in the small screen next to both jumbotron. Theres halftime shows? Im usually using the break to smoke or grab concessions. So far, Ive seen a nice Selmon memorial, military parachute into the stadium, a large band that was actually pretty good and added a bit of an NCAA fell to halftime, and an all ages cheerleading thing that had girls from about 5 years old to NFL cheerleaders. The others I was busy doing other stuff. Not sure what else you want? Black Eyed Peas? James Taylor? Celine Dion? Pantera singing **CENSORED**ing hostile?

Also, the Sports Authority has to approve anything done to the stadium as they own it and not the Bucs. RJS is also up for a SB bid every year because its one of the nicest stadiums in the NFL. Theres a reason why theyve hosted 2 in the last few years.

Most preople go to see football, not some crappy pop star sing 2 songs. You want gimmicks, go to a Rays game. Ask the Dolphins what they think of all their owners gimmicks? Seems they arent enjoying the mall, the club, or any of the other non-football related stuff.

The Jumbotron upgrades are news to me.  If the Sports Authority has to approve any and all upgrades, I'd like to see how many proposals have come across their desks for upgrades at the Glazer's expense.  I'll bet it's not even one.  I'll bet the contract states that the Sports Authority has to do so many upgrades at taxpayer expense and that's why there's a new Jumbotron getting installed. I hope it's in HD, but it probably won't be because that means that HD cameras would have to be purchased too. 
As far as the halftime show, I was there for the parachute during the 9/11 salute.  To be honest, I never even saw the Selmon tribute and I was waiting all game for it. I may have been at the concession stand getting a drink...oh did I mention that was a game that concessions were half off and they ran out of ice and water but they still had plenty of full price beer?  The pee wee football and youth league cheerleaders perform for free.  The Punt, Pass, Kick competitions are free.  The parachute team were military, which doesn't accept a dime for the performance.  The high school marching bands perform for free.  See a trend here yet?

I actually believe the Selmon tribute was before the game, not at halftime...my bad. Of course the sports authority is required to maintain the stadium....they own it. The Glazers dont own it. And if we are paying the taxes for it, why shouldnt they be upgrading it? Oh god, concessions were half off? Cheap Glazers, how dare they give us half off?

So youre saying that the Glazers are cheap because they give back to the communities kids and the local military? Seems you want something that has nothing to do with football or the community at half time.

Please tell me what you want at halftime again? Ive asked once and this will be twice now. Some crappy pop artist? Sister Hazel singing the national anthem? A club so you can got get your groove on instead of watching the game?

I see a lot of people complain, but hardly any one ever seems to have a reasonable and viably good idea.

Maybe they can bring in the Blue Man Group or Cirque de Solei? SMH......youve got to be kidding right? Last I checked, people paid for tickets to the football game, not some 10 minute show while over half the attendance is using the restrooms, smoking, getting concessions, or buying merchandise. Yeah, lets spend a bunch of money on a halftime show that less than 20,000 people will see because they are the only ones still in their seats.

Your argument is petty and childish at best.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

PewterG@tor

Starter
#48 : October 22, 2011, 03:19:58 AM

The Glazers are bad but def not the worst.  Their issue is obviously their frugality.  The stadium experience at Raymond James certainly relects that.  The Jumbotron is of poor quality. There aren't many displays to show other scores around the NFL during the game.  The halftime shows are a joke.  Virtually no money is put in place to enhance the fan experience at the games despite the fact that they paid nothing for the stadium yet reap all of the rewards from it.  It disgusts me how cheap they are.  Especially since the player salaries are almost entirely paid by the NFL revenue sharing and broadcast dollars.  So what are they spending their money on?  We know it isn't free agents or stadium upgrades, that's for sure.

the jumbotrons(theres 2) were just approved to be upgraded earlier this year. there is a diplay in each corner with scrolling score of every NFL game including one in the small screen next to both jumbotron. Theres halftime shows? Im usually using the break to smoke or grab concessions. So far, Ive seen a nice Selmon memorial, military parachute into the stadium, a large band that was actually pretty good and added a bit of an NCAA fell to halftime, and an all ages cheerleading thing that had girls from about 5 years old to NFL cheerleaders. The others I was busy doing other stuff. Not sure what else you want? Black Eyed Peas? James Taylor? Celine Dion? Pantera singing **CENSORED**ing hostile?

Also, the Sports Authority has to approve anything done to the stadium as they own it and not the Bucs. RJS is also up for a SB bid every year because its one of the nicest stadiums in the NFL. Theres a reason why theyve hosted 2 in the last few years.

Most preople go to see football, not some crappy pop star sing 2 songs. You want gimmicks, go to a Rays game. Ask the Dolphins what they think of all their owners gimmicks? Seems they arent enjoying the mall, the club, or any of the other non-football related stuff.

The Jumbotron upgrades are news to me.  If the Sports Authority has to approve any and all upgrades, I'd like to see how many proposals have come across their desks for upgrades at the Glazer's expense.  I'll bet it's not even one.  I'll bet the contract states that the Sports Authority has to do so many upgrades at taxpayer expense and that's why there's a new Jumbotron getting installed. I hope it's in HD, but it probably won't be because that means that HD cameras would have to be purchased too. 
As far as the halftime show, I was there for the parachute during the 9/11 salute.  To be honest, I never even saw the Selmon tribute and I was waiting all game for it. I may have been at the concession stand getting a drink...oh did I mention that was a game that concessions were half off and they ran out of ice and water but they still had plenty of full price beer?  The pee wee football and youth league cheerleaders perform for free.  The Punt, Pass, Kick competitions are free.  The parachute team were military, which doesn't accept a dime for the performance.  The high school marching bands perform for free.  See a trend here yet?

I actually believe the Selmon tribute was before the game, not at halftime...my bad. Of course the sports authority is required to maintain the stadium....they own it. The Glazers dont own it. And if we are paying the taxes for it, why shouldnt they be upgrading it? Oh god, concessions were half off? Cheap Glazers, how dare they give us half off?

So youre saying that the Glazers are cheap because they give back to the communities kids and the local military? Seems you want something that has nothing to do with football or the community at half time.

Please tell me what you want at halftime again? Ive asked once and this will be twice now. Some crappy pop artist? Sister Hazel singing the national anthem? A club so you can got get your groove on instead of watching the game?

I see a lot of people complain, but hardly any one ever seems to have a reasonable and viably good idea.

Maybe they can bring in the Blue Man Group or Cirque de Solei? SMH......youve got to be kidding right? Last I checked, people paid for tickets to the football game, not some 10 minute show while over half the attendance is using the restrooms, smoking, getting concessions, or buying merchandise. Yeah, lets spend a bunch of money on a halftime show that less than 20,000 people will see because they are the only ones still in their seats.

Your argument is petty and childish at best.

Seems like you are trying to make this personal.  I never once said in my post that I wanted to see XX celebrity or whatever.  The statement I made was about how the Glazers are cheap and don't put any money in to the team.  The halftime shows are an example of this.  The lack of spending money on stadium upgrades is yet another example.  So please don't try to turn this into a discussion about me wanting to see dancing pandas at halftime.  Let's stick to the discussion

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#49 : October 22, 2011, 01:19:35 PM

Bill Bidwell.
toss up between Bidwell and Brown.  You can't go wrong picking either.

The Cardinals have been run much more smoothly, since Bidwell conceded control to Bill, Jr and his other son, BUT, Bill senior is in a class with Hugh Culverhouse when it comes to cheap owners. You can also say the same about Virginia McCasky in Chicago ever since she took over for her late father, George Halas. She is CHEAP. Also, Robert Irsay, late owner of the Colts, was a terrible owner. Only after his death and when his son, Jim, took over did they start to loosen the purse strings and get their act together. I've actually been pretty impressed with Jim's reign with the team. He has ran it nothing like his father did. Some other owners are not cheap but just meddle too much in the daily operations of the team such as Mike Brown, Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder. I know the grass is always greener but, trust me, there are far, far worse owners out there than the Glazers.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#50 : October 22, 2011, 07:37:17 PM

If one were to create 4 categories, excellent, very good, good, and wish we had a different owner - what would you say then folks...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#51 : October 22, 2011, 08:38:40 PM

wish we had a different owner.  but there are worse.  They are cheap but they don't seem to meddle too much.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#52 : October 23, 2011, 12:55:50 AM

I know the grass is always greener but, trust me, there are far, far worse owners out there than the Glazers.

This    ^^^^^^

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#53 : October 23, 2011, 03:56:04 AM

There may be worse owners, but the Glazers are the cheapest. 

glazers Bros. Suck!

PewterG@tor

Starter
#54 : October 23, 2011, 07:54:17 AM

I would put them in the "good" category.  Things could be MUCH worse than they are now.  It's just very frustrating to see how things have turned for the worse since Malcolm had the strokes.  The kids aren't as enamored w/ the team as the old man was.  DeBartolo is the only other person I could see owning the team and be considered an upgrade because he's done it for many years and knew what championship teams required.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#55 : October 23, 2011, 08:55:00 AM

The Outback crew was my hope at the time.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The NFLs Worst Owner « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools