Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cameron Jordan « previous next »
Page: 1

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

: October 21, 2011, 06:28:51 PM

I was one of those who wanted Jordan.  Was willing to trade up to get him.

There were those on the board who said the Bucs would pay when we played the Saints, and Jordan took advantage of True.

Jordan seemed to have a decent game against the Bucs---a few tackles---but nothing eye-catching.

There was one play where he beat True cleanly--but Free had the ball away before Jordan was an issue.  Maybe the play was designed that way.

The point is that we get sold on a pick, but our coaches and general manager have greater information and do a more consistent job.

From the videos of Clayborn in his senior year, I thought he tended to take some plays off.  And that seemed to be what the videos showed, but again our management knew there was a valid reason for what existed on tape (a different defensive scheme) The press sure had the idea that Clayborn took some plays off. And I would guess a few organizations thought the same thing.

I think we are fortunate to have very competent coaches and management and owners.  It shows in the development of the Bucs.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 21, 2011, 07:53:17 PM

A lot of people wanted Jordan, but a lot of us also thought he was overrated. I don't think many other than Java would take him over Clayborn at this point.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 21, 2011, 08:08:25 PM

I thought he was legit.  Season isn't over yet.

However, Saints fans seem to think he is a solid player for their D-line.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 21, 2011, 09:10:53 PM

The only player I liked over Clayborn was Ryan Kerrigan. I liked Clayborn, Bowers then Jordan. I was shocked and excited to get both Clayborn and Bowers. I didn't think Jordan had the motor that the Bucs like in there DL men.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 21, 2011, 09:41:05 PM

I loved Cameron Jordan going into the draft.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 21, 2011, 10:45:10 PM

Clayborn was my least favorite of the 1st round DE prospects. He's really grown on me, 2010 worried me, but watching him play all out every play is encouraging.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 21, 2011, 11:01:24 PM

I think it's very remarkable how many of the defensive linemen from the top 25 are already showing they can play. Von Miller, Marcell Dareus, Aldon Smith, JJ Watt, Robert Quinn, Ryan Kerrigan, Adrian Clayborn, Phil Taylor, and Cameron Jordan all look between promising and awesome, with Nick Fairley and Corey Liuget being the only potentially shaky picks.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 21, 2011, 11:03:07 PM

Fairley is shaky?

You cannot judge his body of work.

Short offseason, coming off a big injury...

Fairley will be fine.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 21, 2011, 11:26:32 PM

I was really high on Cameron Jordan at one point, but he had fallen on my board by draft time. To me he just seemed kinda soft. Not to turn this into a homophobic thread or anything, but he just seemed kinda feminine in interviews. I know it sounds stupid, and it is, most WRs seem like soft metro sexual types anyways....but the line is a different beast. I just questioned whether he had that nasty QB killer nature you need to succeed in the trenches of the NFL. The trenches are a nasty place to be and it takes a certain type of person to do well. Maybe he's just one of those guys that flips a switch at game time, but his soft spoken feminine nature in interviews turned me off. He's a beast of a man with great athleticism, but it's not the size of the dog in a fight...it's the amount of fight in the dog. 

All that said, it's only been 6 games and I still think he could be a great player. I just won't be overly surprised if he isn't. I'm glad we got Calyborn now, even if he wasn't the guy I wanted. I was 100% on the Kerrigan bandwagon.

Borat!

Starter

#9 : October 21, 2011, 11:31:22 PM

I think Jordan is a bad fit for us and NO. Watching him play, imo he would be better suited to play for a 3-4 team. He was never a sack monster in college and played in a 3-4 (or 3-3-5 not sure what Cal runs) so I think over time he'll end up being a good run defender, but never put up more than 6-7 sacks a year (highest sack amount in a season was 6.5 I think at Cal)

\\\\\\\"...even if we win the SB not getting a few FAS with so many available was being pig headed and fanatical.\\\\\\\" - 4bucs

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 16, 2012, 04:09:21 PM

Guy has been very good this year.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 16, 2012, 04:11:41 PM

I still dont see Jordan being anything better than average.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 16, 2012, 04:12:22 PM

I'll take that average all day.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cameron Jordan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools