Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Keyshawn Johnson says Jon Gruden messed with his psyche « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 27, 2011, 02:50:30 PM

1. An earwig has invaded your brain with the long-term effects being to think like Martin Fennelly. Seek medical help.
2. Who cares if a coach is liked? Most of the old Packers hated Lombardi for years. Noll wasn't popular with anyone. Shula was detested by many of his players. Gruden won a Super Bowl. We should ONLY be upset that he didn't win more playoff games, titles, etc.
3. He didn't draft well. But how well this group has drafted is to be determined. We can all agree that the approach is better. But if the Bucs get stuck in a perpetual 8-8, 9-7 cycle, it would not be a good thing.
Gruden's inconsistency is relative. He never had a period where he didn't make the playoffs three consecutive years. Hoping Raheem ends his run at 2. 10 wins are very attainable with the right decisions.

In Verner We Trust

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 27, 2011, 03:00:45 PM

I don't need to seek medical help. What because I disagree with your opinion?

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : October 27, 2011, 03:13:53 PM

We're not talking about disagreement. It's a conformity, mimic thing.
We'll never really know how many guys liked Gruden and didn't. What's MOST likely is that most disliked him at one time or another due to his approach. When you cut a guy, he's not gonna like you. He had a lot of guys on the downside or about to hit it. Dungy got them on the way up AND had a softer approach, therefore is more popular. But 9-3 in his last year proves no one stopped playing for him. No one stops at that point either. They simply weren't good enough.
Now I don't know if Raheem has the ability to game plan well enough to get us where we want to go. Maybe he's too liked. And we don't know yet if we have drafted well enough to avoid Gruden's fate of not winning a playoff game in his final six years.
We can hope. But there's an underlying vindictiveness with a lot of Bucs fans. Wanting to win? Good. Wanting to win to shove it in the faces of people who supported Gruden? Really not good.
I wish Gruden won more. I wish Dungy won more. But winning in and of itself is a reward and not a weapon to be used against your own fans. Use it on the OTHER guys, versus teams we don't like.

In Verner We Trust

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#33 : October 27, 2011, 08:16:17 PM

1. An earwig has invaded your brain with the long-term effects being to think like Martin Fennelly. Seek medical help.

My favorite episode of Night Gallery ever.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 28, 2011, 01:27:33 AM

Yeah a pretty good one. They did a ripoff of that in a Star Trek movie too.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Keyshawn Johnson says Jon Gruden messed with his psyche « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools