Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Now is our chance.... FIRE OLSEN!!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
: October 23, 2011, 04:43:26 PM

The offensive play calling clearly has been awful. Freeman, mike Williams, Blount, et. al. Have regressed... There is a such thing as players being over coached. I think it's happening here. The offense is too complicated for absolutely no reason. Players are thinking too much. We are not running routes that benefit our receivers. Our running game is way too predictable. Our most explosive players get the fewest touches week in and week out (benn in particular)

Clearly the team is being held back. The players need to play and the coaches are there to provide support, COORDINATE the offensive talent that you actually have. The Bucs are not coordinating the offensive playmakers they have, they're fitting people into a scheme that clearly isn't working

That falls on OLSEN. If Raheem doesn't want to start hearing people really calling for his head he needs to make a tough decision here. I think Raheem has been smart enough to change his defensive scheme to fit his players, now it's time to make that same change on offense.

Thoughts?
: October 23, 2011, 04:45:04 PM TbC_Bucs

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 23, 2011, 04:46:23 PM

I completely agree. Olson cannot make the adjustments that need to be made and is putting an offense on the field that is detrimental and, in many cases, the complete opposite of what we need to be doing. He calls routes that bunch defenders up between the hash marks, forcing our very young QB to make reads and throws that would be difficult for elite veterans.

He is not the OC that will take us anywhere past where he already has.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Fire Olson.

tailnreds8888

Second String

#2 : October 23, 2011, 04:46:25 PM

You mean dink and dunk and screens are not going to work every single game????  Olson should have been canned last year., he is too predictable and is a horrible play caller.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#3 : October 23, 2011, 04:48:54 PM

Our offense sucks. Freeman throwing 4 INT's didn't help matters today. Felt like he was forcing to K2 the whole game.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#4 : October 23, 2011, 04:51:42 PM

I completely agree. Olson cannot make the adjustments that need to be made and is putting an offense on the field that is detrimental and, in many cases, the complete opposite of what we need to be doing. He calls routes that bunch defenders up between the hash marks, forcing our very young QB to make reads and throws that would be difficult for elite veterans.

Fire Olson.

dude the adjustment has to be made by the QB reading his hot routes and such..stop blaming OLSON for our offense lacking of scoring...i actually was one of those who did blame Olson but when you watch the games you get top realize that Freeman has to do a better job of reading the D....

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 23, 2011, 04:53:51 PM

Fire Olson.

dude the adjustment has to be made by the QB reading his hot routes and such..stop blaming OLSON for our offense lacking of scoring...i actually was one of those who did blame Olson but when you watch the games you get top realize that Freeman has to do a better job of reading the D....

I agree, it's a problem area for Freeman. So why is our OC still putting him positions where he has to do something he is having issues with?

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 23, 2011, 04:55:11 PM

I dont understand why we keep forcing the ball to K2...he hasnt got open, he has lost a step and it causes Freemen to throw into the middle of the field all the time where the chances of an INT and more higher.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 23, 2011, 04:57:06 PM

Running play action fakes when we have 1 remaining RB who has had 5 carries all year. Haha
down 21-5 we come out and run a reverse(no gain) a run with lumpy(2) yard loss. Then run mike deep on 3rd and long while 3 other guys run about 5 yards and look for the ball. Luckily Dez got the 1st. But we got into another 3rd and long did the samething and had to punt.
 Or how bout running right at peppers'?  Olson frustrates me to no end

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 23, 2011, 05:03:07 PM

Fire Olson.

No, the adjustment has to be made by the OC not the QB. Olsen's play calling sucks and if you go back and look at tape from any game this year you will see defense's are playing almost nothing but zone against us, and Ollie is playing right into their hands. How many times does a DB have to line up 5 yards off the WR before you throw a slant to beat the coverage??? Ollie needs to play to the strengths of his players and not try to fit them into his scheme. Do you know why Cam Newton is playing so well?? It's because he has an OC who plays to his strengths and doesn't try to make him play like a Tom Brady. That is the number 1 problem of Olsen and if he can't correct it then he needs to be replaced.   

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 23, 2011, 05:32:14 PM

Michael Spurlock made the longest attempted pass this game

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 23, 2011, 05:34:07 PM

Freeman was forced to make 51 pass attempts. That's a formula for doom on any QB, much less a 23 year old, 2nd year starter.

Where was JJ and the wildcat today?

bucDsystem

Starter

#11 : October 23, 2011, 07:10:41 PM

Fire Olson.
i concur

to win...you must envision victory -devise a plan -and then have the guts to destroy anything that stands in your way

VTBucs

Second String
#12 : October 23, 2011, 07:46:40 PM

What I don't understand is why does it seem that Olsen is trying to make Freeman a pocket passer. There are no QB Bootlegs rolling Freeman out of the pocket giving him the option to run or pass the ball. Seems that Freeman is afraid to scramble this year.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 23, 2011, 07:48:33 PM

What I don't understand is why does it seem that Olsen is trying to make Freeman a pocket passer. There are no QB Bootlegs rolling Freeman out of the pocket giving him the option to run or pass the ball. Seems that Freeman is afraid to scramble this year.

Very afraid to scramble....that's such a big part of his game that is not existent

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 23, 2011, 07:51:55 PM

Free has his issues but Olson is the root of the O problem
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Now is our chance.... FIRE OLSEN!!!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools