Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Now is our chance.... FIRE OLSEN!!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 23, 2011, 07:52:40 PM

Free has his issues but Olson is the root of the O problem

That would be my opinion.

bucDsystem

Starter

#16 : October 23, 2011, 08:02:20 PM

What I don't understand is why does it seem that Olsen is trying to make Freeman a pocket passer. There are no QB Bootlegs rolling Freeman out of the pocket giving him the option to run or pass the ball. Seems that Freeman is afraid to scramble this year.
exactly, free may not be the super fast runner but his vision is mobile let him play mobile
it confuses the defense and lets him see where the weaknesses of the defense open up

to win...you must envision victory -devise a plan -and then have the guts to destroy anything that stands in your way

freddy

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 23, 2011, 08:06:19 PM

Lets just hope Rah doesn't pull the Dungy loyalty garbage.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 23, 2011, 08:09:07 PM

Lets just hope Rah doesn't pull the Dungy loyalty garbage.
from the look on Rahs face today i think he is starting to see what we see, i hope

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 23, 2011, 08:10:41 PM

What I don't understand is why does it seem that Olsen is trying to make Freeman a pocket passer. There are no QB Bootlegs rolling Freeman out of the pocket giving him the option to run or pass the ball. Seems that Freeman is afraid to scramble this year.

Very afraid to scramble....that's such a big part of his game that is not existent
EXACTLY what I'm sensing; Freeman looks like he is trying NOT to run, then too often kinda guides the football into coverage where the receiver isn't really open. He is a very talented, athletic runner with the ball in his hands, and I'm thinkin' he's being coached to hang in the pocket. With Pro-bowl receivers and/or a great game plan, that's fine, but we got neither... Olsen is NOT putting our offense in the best position to win, which makes him a BAD OC...

mattyd1521

Second String
#20 : October 23, 2011, 08:26:31 PM

I'm all for Olson getting fired. I'm sick and tired of watching the offense not stretch the field like they are capable of doing.

bucyou

Rookie

#21 : October 23, 2011, 10:22:04 PM

I'm all for Olson getting fired. I'm sick and tired of watching the offense not stretch the field like they are capable of doing.
agree +100000000000000000000000000000000000

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 23, 2011, 10:29:50 PM

Of the top of my head I cant recall a OC getting canned in the middle of the season.  Its more of an offseason move.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 23, 2011, 11:54:19 PM

I really truly believe Olsen is downright awful with the playcalls.

There is nothing that I can do to change that fact. I try to be reasonable and assume that certain things have to be done a certain way to even work at all, but damn, there is no excuse for going 1st and 10, 2nd and 12, and 3rd and 10 over and over with the same players that were deemed circuslike in their catches last season. Sure that falls on the players too, but it does make you wonder how much it all falls on Olsen, when afterall, he has inserted his system completely but yet the stats are dropping faster than a dancer at Mons.

Trouble with releasing Olsen right now is that your in/tied for the lead in the NFC south, and a system change at this point would be overwhelming to your rookies and 2nd year guys (lots of them). No, we have to deal with the turd, or else we can just write off the entire season. I'm not ready to do that just yet. Talk to me about it again if the Bucs lose the next two games.

After this season, he has GOT to go though. His style of playcalling won't work well with these younger guys, it's pretty much obvious. The Gruden playbook isn't bad, but needs to be used by vets, not newbies. These guys need to be "high-fly" (gotta be careful w/that word around here). It's in their DNA to do those things, so I say let them. With the playbook as it is, every team in the league knows not to even worry beyond 20 yards out against the Bucs. It's a dead giveaway even before the game, and sad that for once we couldn't see the emergence of a valid "walk down the field" offense. I thought we saw it at the end of last season a few times, but the team has sadly regressed as an Olsen ran offense.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#24 : October 24, 2011, 12:04:32 AM

+1

freddy

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 24, 2011, 12:23:25 AM

Another problem with firing Olsen at the end of the season, who really will take the job? This is a rebuilding team that has not been achieving, the fault has already been placed on the offense that the new OC would be taking over, the HC does not have a lick of long term security. If a new HC is brought in 1 or 2 years later, you know the OC will most likely be replaced too. Not many hot candidates will jump at the opportunity. The only real candidates will be the 2nd tier candidates or the old rehashed looking to redeem themselves.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 24, 2011, 12:38:11 AM

I'm still trying to figure out what Olsen is doing differently this year that makes him the anti-christ vs. last year when he was the boy genius.  The production isn't good no doubt but the offense is the offense. It just looks like Freeman and Williams have decided to not show up this year.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 24, 2011, 12:40:17 AM

I'm still trying to figure out what Olsen is doing differently this year that makes him the anti-christ vs. last year when he was the boy genius.  The production isn't good no doubt but the offense is the offense. It just looks like Freeman and Williams have decided to not show up this year.

Calling the same plays and game plans as previous years. Even players from the Lions and 49ers commented on that and said that was the case. The announcers of the 49ers game also said the same thing as well for what it's worth

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 24, 2011, 12:47:25 AM

Calling the same plays and game plans as previous years. Even players from the Lions and 49ers commented on that and said that was the case. The announcers of the 49ers game also said the same thing as well for what it's worth

Except everyone does this. It isn't like teams roll out a whole new offense week after week. Any team runs the same plays from game to game. It is why you practice to get the timing down of your plays. If you didn't run the same crap there'd be no point in doing all that practice work.

He called these same plays and gameplans last year and they worked. DC's don't need months to figure out tendencies and trends. The offense got better as the season went along not worse so seeing the plays and gameplans didn't help anyone last year. This year nothing has changed - in fact the team with the most exposure to Olsen (NO) was the team we beat the worst with our offense so it isn't like familiarity makes us weaker.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 24, 2011, 12:47:38 AM

Is it Olsen or is it Freeman? At this point I really dont know.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Now is our chance.... FIRE OLSEN!!!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools