Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Now is our chance.... FIRE OLSEN!!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 24, 2011, 12:50:11 AM

Is it Olsen or is it Freeman? At this point I really dont know.

Get a new coordinator and you will see it was Olson holding Freeman back

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 24, 2011, 12:50:16 AM

Freeman went into the phone booth a lot last year and a lot of what he did was freelance work. I'm not gonna say Olsen's brilliance was what fueled our run BUT this is the same offense so assuming Olsen didn't get dumb (or dumber depending on your PoV) in the offseason the problem is that the man executing the offense isn't doing it as well as he did last year and his stats across the board show he's way, way off his game.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 24, 2011, 03:19:16 AM

There has never once in the history of the game of football been a statistically great QB who played on a team with terrible offensive schemes. Think Steve Young.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 24, 2011, 08:14:44 AM

I don't think firing the OC mid season will help anyone, but Rah and Dom need to take Olsen into a room and sit him down and say "Look man, you are not getting it done. You have to adapt. You have to loosen the reigns a little and let Freeman play. You have to stop running bunch formations with everyone running 5 to 10 yard routes. All it does is cause a cluster **CENSORED** and shrink the windows for Freeman. Open it up. Spread it out with 4 wide and Blount as the single back. Give our franchise QB and our young receivers an opportunity to find some rhythm and chemistry. It cannot get any worse and you will be fired at the end of the season if we don't improve."

Draft Aaron Donald

freddy

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 24, 2011, 10:55:25 AM

Freeman went into the phone booth a lot last year and a lot of what he did was freelance work. I'm not gonna say Olsen's brilliance was what fueled our run BUT this is the same offense so assuming Olsen didn't get dumb (or dumber depending on your PoV) in the offseason the problem is that the man executing the offense isn't doing it as well as he did last year and his stats across the board show he's way, way off his game.

Be it Freeman or Olsen or both, the fact of the matter is that the situation as it currently stands is not working. There is no way this staff would ever let Freeman go and Morris wont fire himself, so the only possible avenue of positive change is by changing the OC. There really are only two choices for this staff, stay the course or Olsen is fired at season end. Even if it is 100% Freeman's fault, it will be Olsen that goes as he is responsible for him. Alex Van Pelt would probably go too.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#35 : October 24, 2011, 12:14:43 PM

It's hard for me to blame to place the blame totally on either Olsen or Freeman, when the Bucs have shown they can move the ball late in games. It would be different if they were unable to move the ball at all.  I'm equally as frustrated with some of the play-calls as I am with the decision making, footwork, inaccuracy, and late throws that Freeman is making.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#36 : October 24, 2011, 12:17:18 PM

Some tough questions about Olsen... and then the idea that an offense was executed vs simply relying upon Freeman's freelance efforts... going to think about both...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 24, 2011, 12:23:15 PM

I don't think there is any doubt that Freeman's ability to extend plays and make great throws on the run is why we had success last year. The problem is he suddenly has decided to not leave the pocket. He won't run. He won't even run around to extend plays.

Draft Aaron Donald

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#38 : October 24, 2011, 12:25:10 PM

Yep, and opposing d coordinator's are saying beat us within your scheme.  And that isn't working - especially without a decent running game - that disappeared with Blount and E.G.   So now what.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#39 : October 24, 2011, 12:56:45 PM

Singleback formation with receivers out wide to spread the defense out would be a start.

Draft Aaron Donald

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 24, 2011, 12:58:24 PM

Did our offense suck last week when it beat the Saints.  Our offense sucks because a 23 year old is running it!!!!  Hello!!!!

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 26, 2011, 09:29:09 PM

Did our offense suck last week when it beat the Saints.  Our offense sucks because a 23 year old is running it!!!!  Hello!!!!

Yet, you are standing with Freeman and LOLson? It's nobody's fault? It's just LOLson calls plays and Freeman needs to execute, and when they fail your excuse is that Freeman is 23 years old?

I just have one question about Greg Olson. Is he game planning the other team?

Is he designing plays to beat specifically what the other defense is running? Because if he isn't he needs to get out. Any prep school football coach can make a playbook and choose plays out of it. This is the NFL and our team is not good enough to just line up and run a standard play. It's painfully obvious to me that our OC is not exploiting the weaknesses of our opponents. It's also obvious that Freeman is making very poor decisions, ones that he didn't make last year when he was only 22 years old.

Making excuses won't fix the problems. Only NFL level game planning and better QB execution and coaching is going to get us back on track.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#42 : October 26, 2011, 09:56:06 PM

Some people don't understand chev.

I don't like Olson, or his offensive philosophy, but this season I can't pin much blame on him.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 27, 2011, 01:26:56 AM

I don't like Olson, or his offensive philosophy, but this season I can't pin much blame on him.

Defenses have studied our tape from last year, adjusted, and are dominating us....and Olsen hasn't evolved. He hasn't been able to counter. How is that not his fault?

Draft Aaron Donald

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 27, 2011, 01:34:24 AM

Defenses have studied our tape from last year, adjusted, and are dominating us....and Olsen hasn't evolved. He hasn't been able to counter. How is that not his fault?

Some people just don't get it JDub.

Alldaway, what a contadiction that sentence is. You don't like him, or his offensive philosophy, but you can't blame him. Huh?

That's like saying you don't like pumpkin pie right before you gorge yourself with pumpkin pie.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Now is our chance.... FIRE OLSEN!!!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools