Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: run free run! « previous next »
Page: 1

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

: October 23, 2011, 11:02:00 PM

why isn't Freeman taking off like he did last year?  i think that was a big part of his game and when he does take off he gets huge gains and puts us in better position to score and or win games...that's just crazy how he wont run to save his life..i think he should consider running more in games

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 23, 2011, 11:04:02 PM

I dont think its his call.  Looks like they are trying to make a pocket passer out of him.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#2 : October 23, 2011, 11:26:45 PM

I dont think its his call.  Looks like they are trying to make a pocket passer out of him.

well if the red sea opens up for him..i think he has to run through it...there were a few times he had a chance to take off but he chose to throw the ball and missed the target

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#3 : October 23, 2011, 11:28:05 PM

plus he's a better at throwing on the run

Buc45

Starter
#4 : October 24, 2011, 12:04:26 AM

He had some wide open lanes...His first red zone pick this year seems to have been an omen for this year ...He had a wide open end zone to run into and he choose to force it and it got picked... His head is a mess right now...

Most of the time, Qbs scramble when there is man coverage.  It seems a lot of teams are convinced Freeman can't play against a zone... Still, lots of opportunities to run...He needs to understand that he is more Ben R. than Tom B.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#5 : October 24, 2011, 12:32:15 AM

He had some wide open lanes...His first red zone pick this year seems to have been an omen for this year ...He had a wide open end zone to run into and he choose to force it and it got picked... His head is a mess right now...

Most of the time, Qbs scramble when there is man coverage.  It seems a lot of teams are convinced Freeman can't play against a zone... Still, lots of opportunities to run...He needs to understand that he is more Ben R. than Tom B.

i agree 100% but even ben runs when he has to

burger40

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 24, 2011, 02:48:28 AM

Do you think Olson is controlling him in the middle of a play and keeping him from breaking the pocket? seriously, Free has always been a passer first which is good bc that is what it takes to be an elite QB if you look to run too often you become like Vick early in his career (fun to watch but never a SB contending team). Nobody but the QB makes that split second decision to take off or hang in the pocket and throw that is spur of the moment decision making. I don't know if Olson is discouraging/encouraging Free's tendency to throw rather than take off but I doubt it matters too much because instincts take over at that point.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#7 : October 24, 2011, 03:20:45 AM

He's scared of guys 1/2 his size.   Doesn't make any sense to me either.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 24, 2011, 07:57:25 AM

It's becoming clear that our WR need more time to get open. When Freeman has time he can find the open guys. When he doesn't he forces it, which is not a good idea, and he get's picked off. I was thinking this same thing yesterday. He needs to scramble a bit and let things open up more. I don't care if he isn't running for yardage but extend the play and give your WR a chance.

Extremely disappointing game yesterday. I find it hard to believe that as bad as we have played this year we've been in position to win every game, minus 49ers. We need to get this ship turned around during the bye week.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#9 : October 24, 2011, 10:26:25 AM

now this is not a Freeman bash party but like the game in London he sat there in the pocket like a dead duck...and JAVA i don't think he's scared of taking cuz i've seen him take off and go head on against the safety and linebacker just to get an extra yard or the first down...

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#10 : October 24, 2011, 10:28:21 AM

I've been saying it since Day 1, Freeman is best when he plays "loose". He's never going to be a prototypical QB. But that does not mean he can't be great, or a top 5 QB one day. He just needs to go out there and let things happen.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#11 : October 24, 2011, 10:30:25 AM

It's strange how Freeman is bigger than Tebow, but Tebow seems faster, tougher, and gutsier.   

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#12 : October 24, 2011, 10:41:55 AM

It's strange how Freeman is bigger than Tebow, but Tebow seems faster, tougher, and gutsier.

Tebow has always been a running QB that has the IT to win...sure Freeman is bigger and will be slower but i would take Freeman over any young QB including Sttatford
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: run free run! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools