Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why are we completely ignoring the fact that we lost 2 starting RBs? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucinsouthFL

Starter

: October 24, 2011, 01:13:27 PM

When we bash Josh Freeman? After the Detroit loss, everyone here bashed our offense for not running the ball. Everyone knows this is a run first offense. We are at our best with a consistent run game. Freeman is at his best with a  consistent run game. He has never been a QB to throw for 400 yards 3 TDs and no picks. All of his wins last season involved a great run game. Look at his wins this year.

Vikings: Blount had 90 yards two TDs
Atlanta: We one this game on defense to be honest
Colts: Blount has 120 yard and TD
Saints: EG has a great day with over 100 yards

Some offenses can function without a run game (Packers, Pats) but ours cant. Yes Freeman threw some bad picks, but he snapped out of that last week and showed he can win big games. This week as soon as EG went down, I knew we had no chance. The bears were playing pass 100% of the way, lumpkin adds NOTHING as a receiver. You guys make me sick  bashing Freeman and nothing even considering the situation. He's the best thing to happen to  this Franchise in a long time and he will lead us to a Superbowl eventually! 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 24, 2011, 01:15:55 PM

then we need to bash the guy in your sig.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 24, 2011, 01:17:41 PM

We're not considering the situation?  Freeman had a 75 passer rating in games with LeGarrette Blount.  If Sunday's performance was some aberration, then sure, I'd probably cite the injuries.  But this is nothing new.  The kid sucks this year, for whatever reason.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 24, 2011, 01:17:43 PM

Well one of those was on Mike Williams. The other INTs though were just him forcing the ball where it shouldn't have been. Check it down, run, throw it away, anything to avoid a dumb pass.

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#4 : October 24, 2011, 01:18:20 PM

Because we don't carry 3 starting RBs? Who does that? He knew we where fine with EG, and it showed last week. The chances of teams loosing two RBs are low.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#5 : October 24, 2011, 01:18:29 PM

Why are we completely ignoring the fact that we lost 2 starting RBs? 

Who's ignoring that fact? You care to look at some of the threads already started about that subject?

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 24, 2011, 01:18:37 PM

Well one of those was on Mike Williams. The other INTs though were just him forcing the ball where it shouldn't have been. Check it down, run, throw it away, anything to avoid a dumb pass.

It's also worth noting that -- even though Mike Williams dropped the first interception -- it was still thrown into double coverage.

jobuc597

Second String
#7 : October 24, 2011, 01:20:23 PM

When we bash Josh Freeman? After the Detroit loss, everyone here bashed our offense for not running the ball. Everyone knows this is a run first offense. We are at our best with a consistent run game. Freeman is at his best with a  consistent run game. He has never been a QB to throw for 400 yards 3 TDs and no picks. All of his wins last season involved a great run game. Look at his wins this year.

Vikings: Blount had 90 yards two TDs
Atlanta: We one this game on defense to be honest
Colts: Blount has 120 yard and TD
Saints: EG has a great day with over 100 yards

Some offenses can function without a run game (Packers, Pats) but ours cant. Yes Freeman threw some bad picks, but he snapped out of that last week and showed he can win big games. This week as soon as EG went down, I knew we had no chance. The bears were playing pass 100% of the way, lumpkin adds NOTHING as a receiver. You guys make me sick  bashing Freeman and nothing even considering the situation. He's the best thing to happen to  this Franchise in a long time and he will lead us to a Superbowl eventually!
I agree 100%...I think we are over looking the obvious...

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#8 : October 24, 2011, 01:20:42 PM

We're not considering the situation?  Freeman had a 75 passer rating in games with LeGarrette Blount.  If Sunday's performance was some aberration, then sure, I'd probably cite the injuries.  But this is nothing new.  The kid sucks this year, for whatever reason.

Rating against Min: 91.2
Against IND: 94.7
Aginst Saints: 95.9

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 24, 2011, 01:21:21 PM

he has had plenty of opportunities to upgrade Lumpkin over the last year either thru the draft, FA, or a trade.  I guess you can say he tried with Bradford but that isn't a testament to his greatness.

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#10 : October 24, 2011, 01:24:16 PM

It's also worth noting that -- even though Mike Williams dropped the first interception -- it was still thrown into double coverage.

and hit him right in the freaking chest. It was an awesome pass. thats worth noting also.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 24, 2011, 01:25:56 PM

Rating against Min: 91.2
Against IND: 94.7
Aginst Saints: 95.9

So when we're playing the 16th, 23rd, and 29th ranked pass defenses, Freeman puts on a good showing?  And you also forget, Freeman tried to give away the Vikings game in the closing seconds; the defender dropped an EASY pick on the goal line.  And Free also gifted an interception to the Colts in the end zone, but the defender -- inexplicably -- couldn't hold onto it.

His garbage decisions don't exist in a vacuum; they've been prevalent no matter the situation.  The running game absolutely helps, but something's wrong with Josh this season.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 24, 2011, 01:35:47 PM

Freeman has regressed this year.  who is ignoring that fact? not sure why but I'm guessing poor coaching is a big part of it.  at least that can be corrected. 

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#13 : October 24, 2011, 01:41:58 PM

+1

Madman

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 24, 2011, 01:45:41 PM

and hit him right in the freaking chest. It was an awesome pass. thats worth noting also.

Yeah it was a great throw. Right b/w the numbers. That was all on Mike Williams. Dude needs to attack the ball and make a catch.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why are we completely ignoring the fact that we lost 2 starting RBs? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools