Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why are we completely ignoring the fact that we lost 2 starting RBs? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 24, 2011, 02:10:08 PM

We are in a tough situation. If you looked to the 3rd spot on most teams depth charts you would find the same thing. We have 2 quality RBs. That is an ideal situation. Just really bad timing, thank god for the bye week.

Let's go MADU!

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 24, 2011, 02:12:15 PM

We are in a tough situation. If you looked to the 3rd spot on most teams depth charts you would find the same thing. We have 2 quality RBs. That is an ideal situation. Just really bad timing, thank god for the bye week.

+1

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 24, 2011, 03:23:17 PM

so you think Kregg Lumpkin would be on a 53 man roster if not this one?  I don't.

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#18 : October 24, 2011, 03:57:33 PM

so you think Kregg Lumpkin would be on a 53 man roster if not this one?  I don't.

As a third string developing RB...maybe. I honestly can't think of any other team's 3rd stringer that is an aboslute stud besides Murry from the cowboys

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 24, 2011, 04:04:07 PM

RB is so important for Freeman. They need to address it. If they are gonna go with Lumpkin then they have to give it to him. Even if hes not affective. It takes pressure off of Freeman and it opens things up for him with roll outs and play action. He needs that again. When Blount comes back we should have somebody else to take pressure off of him too. I still doubt him as a workhorse and hes too valuable to have as a workhorse too.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 24, 2011, 04:12:28 PM

Chicago's #3 RB is Khalil Bell. How many 53 man rosters throughout the league would he be on?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 24, 2011, 04:33:14 PM

Chicago's #3 RB is Khalil Bell. How many 53 man rosters throughout the league would he be on?
I'd take his 4.8 average over Kregg's 2.9. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 24, 2011, 04:38:00 PM

Maybe so, but the guy's an undrafted free agent on his second team who has had 51 career rushing attempts in 2 1/2 seasons. He may be better/more accomplished than Lumpkin, but in the spectrum of NFL players, he's pretty close to the bottom.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#23 : October 24, 2011, 04:41:59 PM

If Kahlil Bell were on the Bucs, he'd be starting the next game.   He's not a bad back (relatively).

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 24, 2011, 05:48:36 PM

If we could somehow steal Forte aways from the Bears.... Sigh. Nice being in imaginary land for awhile at least. Not to bash Blount, but Forte combined with Freeman would be deadly(er)

Seriously, even if that happened, Olsen would find a way to make them regress anyway. Maybe that is why Dom and/or the Glazers weren't willing to hit up FA, not knowing how bad Olsen was going to pan out or not. I'm sure they had their worries either way. Som people say Van Pelt will be promoted, but damnit, if we get playcallers FROM here, it's going to be the same outcome. For a good HC or OC to come in Tampa would have to go outside their comfort zone like Malcom did in the glory days.

But to be more on the topic at hand... It's NOT a fair comparison to compare Freeman now, to the Freeman who had a good running game. Sure, he's been sloppy a few times, but the team is riddled with injury and he's seriously fighting himself by trying to be something he's not, while using Olsen's "stay in the pocket/ throw five yards" playbook.

He'll be fine in the longrun. The team as a whole unit is in a funk, not just the franchise. Now, I would be ticked if everyone else around him looked good, yet he didn't. That's NOT the case though. Because as far as things go right now, Graham, Blount, Foster, McCoy, Barber, and MK9 are the team's MVP's, half of them are out, and the rest seem to be phoning it in. That can't all possibly be on Freeman.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why are we completely ignoring the fact that we lost 2 starting RBs? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools