Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Myron Lewis « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 24, 2011, 03:41:21 PM

that draft was loaded.  we could've had a really good player with that pick.
When its all said and done...with our draft position + surplus of picks + extremely deep talent pool...we may only walk away with 2-3 good players (McCoy,Price,Benn) and the rest will be either back ups or average players. I don't buy into Dominik's drafting abilities as much as everyone else does.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 24, 2011, 03:42:30 PM

I gotta agree. I generally will say hindsight is 20/20 and whats done is done......but I remember the general consensus when Myron Lewis was selected as WTF? Who? I chalked it up to Rah being a great DB coach and he must have seen something nobody else did, and maybe that was the case.....but it would appear Rah was wrong. That dude really has done nothing to be excited about and can't stay healthy. Meanwhile there were about 10 guys I was praying for in the 3rd round of that draft and most have done pretty well.

Imagine if instead of giving up a 4th to move two spots in the 2nd for Benn, we had stayed put and taken Ben Tate instead. In the 3rd, since we didn't take Benn we would have wanted a receiver so we could have chosen between Eric Decker, Jordan Shipley, Damien Williams, or Jimmy Graham. Then in the 4th we could have still taken Mike Williams....and we wouldn't have given up a pick to move up. Oh well.
: October 24, 2011, 03:49:18 PM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 24, 2011, 03:49:35 PM

Navarro Bowman would've been a great pick. Foster, Bowman, and Watson would be one hell of a LB core. Bummer

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 24, 2011, 03:50:48 PM

I think Dominik/Rah panicked when they probably saw 2 CBs they were interested in go back to back right before them and they went into panic mode. There was so much talent in that third round (Ed **CENSORED**son, John Jerry, Emmanuel Sanders, Jordan Shipley, Eric Decker, Navarro Bowman, Tony Moeaki, Jimmy Graham).

Many times have we seen this organization panic in the draft and end up giving draft picks to make sure they get "their" guy and it end up being either pointless or a waste of time.

Luke Stocker was a reach. If we had traded up to grab Jordan Cameron, Lance Kendricks, or Kyle Rudolph then fine...but Stocker better be able to catch the damn ball...quick.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 24, 2011, 03:59:58 PM

Gaitor will be fine in the slot next year with Barber retiring. Biggers has played the best receiver all year and I would hope would learn from this season and improve for next year. Mack is playing well when he gets in. We really only need 1 more high round pick and maybe a mid to lower round pick. An improved pass rush will help!

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#20 : October 24, 2011, 04:23:55 PM

So many assumptions in this thread lol

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 24, 2011, 04:27:12 PM

It not hard to assume Lewis will never amount to anything with this team.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 24, 2011, 04:40:34 PM

Play him. Obviously Talib will never get out of his own way. I would be shocked if the team stuck with him after this season. And myron well.... I want to take up for him but I've heard more about A. Gaitor who has played what, 2 games?

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#23 : October 24, 2011, 04:53:47 PM

Assumptions in this thread:

Talib will be cut
Barber will retire
Lewis will be cut
Us drafting Jimmy Graham instead (Which we never would've done given how well Winslow had played the previous two seasons)
We'll add 2 CBs in the offseason

IF Lewis finds himself injured AGAIN in the NEXT training camp, then yes, he'll have a hard time making the cut. But, I'm not assuming its going to happen.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 24, 2011, 05:03:15 PM

Lewis is nothing special when he is playing.  Which is not too often. 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 24, 2011, 05:09:48 PM

don't know if we would have drafted Graham or not.  He's just one example of a good player that went in that round after Lewis.  But I do know that Dom wanted a TE fairly high in the very next draft.  All we heard about from PR leading up to the draft was about their interest in the guy from Wisc. and we did use 2 4th round picks to get Stocker.

bucyou

Rookie

#26 : October 24, 2011, 05:14:33 PM

How is Myron Lewis even getting hurt? Guy never plays.

Total bust.
LMAO good one!

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 24, 2011, 05:15:13 PM

Assumptions in this thread:

Talib will be cut
Barber will retire
Lewis will be cut
Us drafting Jimmy Graham instead (Which we never would've done given how well Winslow had played the previous two seasons)
We'll add 2 CBs in the offseason

IF Lewis finds himself injured AGAIN in the NEXT training camp, then yes, he'll have a hard time making the cut. But, I'm not assuming its going to happen.
Assumptions in the other thread. Freeman will be fine. Ollie lacks confidence in Freeman. Freeman not the franchise QB we thought.

Shut up.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 24, 2011, 07:54:37 PM

At that point Winslow had only been with one year. We obviously felt TE was a huge need just one year later, so a little foresight would of had us grab a TE in 2010 when the draft was very deep at TE. Instead we wait till this year and spend two 4ths to reach for Luke Stocker.

I think this regime does a decent job of drafting overall, but they seem to do a much better job of scouring the waiver wire and practice squads. They have made quite a few mistakes in their three drafts. Not anywhere near as bad as the prior regime, but there have been plenty of bad picks. They really seem to be at their best in the late rounds.

In 2009 giving up a 2nd for Winslow was a good move. Even if he has started being a punk and is on his way out, he has been huge for Freeman these past two years. Getting Freeman was a great move too. Roy Miller was not horrible but questionable. He is an average player when there was better talent available. I wanted Mike Wallace....just sayin. I think they reached cause they needed a DT. Kyle Moore always sucked rocks. No idea why they drafted him. Xavier Fulton was garbage. We had no 6th but be got very good value in the 7th with EJ Biggers and Sammy Stroughter.

In 2010 we got McCoy and Price which seem to be good picks, but McCoy is starting to scare me with all the injuries and as good as Price is, the hip is very scary and it feels like his career could end at any moment. Benn hasn't lived up to a 2nd round WR but I think he will personally. I just think it was stupid to give up a 4th to move up 2 picks to get him. In the 3rd we took Myron Lewis which appears to have been a wasted pick. Got a steal in Mike Williams in the 4th. had no 5th and wasted a 6th on a kicker that couldn't make the team. Again we got great value in the 7th round. Outstanding actually, with Cody Grimm, Dekoda Watson, and Erik Lorig.

This year it is too early to say much, but there was A LOT of talent in the second round that we passed on for a risky pick in Bowers. It's early but so far he hasn't been able to beat out Michael Bennett. Mason Foster in the 3rd looks like a great pick so far. Giving up next years 4th and this years 4th to take Stocker seems like too much imo. He has not looked like a pass catching TE so far and two 4ths is just way too much for a John Gilmore clone. In the 5th we took Ahamd Black, who is not on the active roster but I'll withhold judgement. I think that kid might end up being a baller for us. In the 6th we took Allen Bradford who ended up being a useless turd. I was fooled by him to so I can't say much about that one. In the 7th we got what seems like great value again in Anthony Gaitor, Daniel Hardey however did not make the team.

So looking over these past three drafts I would give us a B-. I would say C+ but when one of your picks is a franchise QB you get a little extra credit. Some knuckleheads have decided Freeman isn't a franchise QB, but I'm not that stupid. They still get bonus points for that pick. Fortunetly they have made up for an average draft by stealing good talent from practice squads. Guys like Briscoe, Blount, Asante, Okam, Michael Bennett, Preston Parker, and.....oh yeah...Chad Spann!  :P Seriously though, our drafts have been only average. It's the "Second Draft" that has been huge for us.

Draft Aaron Donald

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 24, 2011, 08:52:50 PM

When its all said and done...with our draft position + surplus of picks + extremely deep talent pool...we may only walk away with 2-3 good players (McCoy,Price,Benn) and the rest will be either back ups or average players. I don't buy into Dominik's drafting abilities as much as everyone else does.
Unfortunately, I'm starting to agree. At the time we thought we just picked half our future starters, but 23 games later, McCoy is good when healthy, Benn is getting passed by waiver wire pick ups, Price has had one good game, Lewis is MIA, Mike Williams is bringing Clayton flashbacks, the punter who shall not be mentioned, Grimm has two trips to IR, Watson no more than a situational player thus far, and Lorig still a project, it's tough to get behind the draft-only philosophy when these are the results.

As for the Jimmy Graham talk, yes, the Bucs targeted a TE in a similar spot one year later, but Stocker is a complete 2-way TE. Graham is basically a younger, bigger, more explosive Winslow. As good as he turned out to be, I don't think he's the type of player the Bucs were looking for.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Myron Lewis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools