Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Myron Lewis « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

bucs63

Starter

#30 : October 24, 2011, 08:58:32 PM

Who's Myron Lewis?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 24, 2011, 08:58:36 PM

Graham has a very talented QB throwing him the football.  A guy who might eclipse Dan MArino at the end of the season.

If K2 were on the Saints, he would have spectacular numbers.

K2 has been open many times, and has had passes sail past him, over him, behind him.  Freeman is the issue with the actual play of the offense.  As in, he cannot hit the broad side of a barn.  And wether he is pressured or not, I bet Free would have thrown it into triple coverage anyway yesterday, he has become that myopic.

Graham on the BUcs would be a nobody this year.  Not with the way Free is playing.

No more excuses for the guy.  He either Bucs up, or he is going to slowly become a target for much criticism.  Yes, it gets worse...it WILL get worse.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 24, 2011, 09:00:08 PM

Who's Myron Lewis?
Some dude who the BUcs drafted relatively high to man the CB spot, who is routinely outplayed by guys from the seventh round from tiny schools.

Lewis is a scrub.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 24, 2011, 09:03:10 PM

sorry about that misread. Theres just so much negativity on this board I assume everything either calls for

A. someone to be fired.
B. someone to be cut or benched.

LOL. No...LMMFAO.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 24, 2011, 09:07:25 PM

that draft was loaded.  we could've had a really good player with that pick.

That was a surprise pick, no doubt.

Who's Myron Lewis?

That was exactly what I said when we drafted him.

However, his tape looked good. I thought Dominik stole a gem there in the 3rd round, but it's too bad the kid can't stay healthy.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#35 : October 24, 2011, 09:12:11 PM

Assumptions in the other thread. Freeman will be fine. Ollie lacks confidence in Freeman. Freeman not the franchise QB we thought.

Shut up.
Whats "the other thread"? And at the very least, those all are about one player.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 24, 2011, 09:14:59 PM

that draft was loaded.  we could've had a really good player with that pick.

I gotta agree. I generally will say hindsight is 20/20 and whats done is done......but I remember the general consensus when Myron Lewis was selected as WTF? Who? I chalked it up to Rah being a great DB coach and he must have seen something nobody else did, and maybe that was the case.....but it would appear Rah was wrong. That dude really has done nothing to be excited about and can't stay healthy. Meanwhile there were about 10 guys I was praying for in the 3rd round of that draft and most have done pretty well.

Imagine if instead of giving up a 4th to move two spots in the 2nd for Benn, we had stayed put and taken Ben Tate instead. In the 3rd, since we didn't take Benn we would have wanted a receiver so we could have chosen between Eric Decker, Jordan Shipley, Damien Williams, or Jimmy Graham. Then in the 4th we could have still taken Mike Williams....and we wouldn't have given up a pick to move up. Oh well.

We could have probably gotten Lewis with the 4th we spent moving up for Benn. I'd have taken Decker. Love that guy. K2 is under contract until 2015, so I doubt we would take another TE with no blocking skills(Graham). I wouldn't have, anyway.
: October 24, 2011, 09:18:07 PM GrimmReaper

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 24, 2011, 09:16:27 PM

Us drafting Jimmy Graham instead (Which we never would've done given how well Winslow had played the previous two seasons)
So looking over these past three drafts I would give us a B-. I would say C+ but when one of your picks is a franchise QB you get a little extra credit. Some knuckleheads have decided Freeman isn't a franchise QB, but I'm not that stupid. They still get bonus points for that pick. Fortunetly they have made up for an average draft by stealing good talent from practice squads. Guys like Briscoe, Blount, Asante, Okam, Michael Bennett, Preston Parker, and.....oh yeah...Chad Spann!  :P Seriously though, our drafts have been only average. It's the "Second Draft" that has been huge for us.
I agree about the "Second Draft" being vital for us, plus I think McCoy is going to be a gamechanger as well, so I'm more on the B side of a drafting grade for these three years.

I just hate the "we could've picked this guy instead" after its already been determined how good those players are. Its just not a fair way to judge. (Unless you're missing on every pick)

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 24, 2011, 09:18:04 PM

Graham has a very talented QB throwing him the football.  A guy who might eclipse Dan MArino at the end of the season.

K2 has been open many times, and has had passes sail past him, over him, behind him.  Freeman is the issue with the actual play of the offense.  As in, he cannot hit the broad side of a barn.  And wether he is pressured or not, I bet Free would have thrown it into triple coverage anyway yesterday, he has become that myopic.

Graham on the BUcs would be a nobody this year.  Not with the way Free is playing.

No more excuses for the guy.  He either Bucs up, or he is going to slowly become a target for much criticism.  Yes, it gets worse...it WILL get worse.
Uh, Graham is 2" taller, 20 lbs bigger, and hasn't had 29 surgeries on his knee. He's simply better than Winslow now.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#39 : October 24, 2011, 09:19:43 PM

Winslow isn't doing himself any favors by dropping the passes that do reach him and being demonstrative on the field with complaints. Not to mention the way he seemed to give up on plays against Chicago. He's not blameless in this

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 24, 2011, 09:22:43 PM

Kellen is finally turning into the problem child that he was in Cleveland. We were able to make him shut his friggin mouth by throwing a ton of cash at him to be quiet. But like a baby without its rattle, hes starting to cry now.

Have little tolerance for a guy who is getting paid handsomely to do his job and he barely is doing it + is complaining about Freeman.

K2 needs to shut the hell up and play or he will get a swift hard hook from Blount to the jaw haha.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#41 : October 24, 2011, 09:38:12 PM

Winslow isn't doing himself any favors by dropping the passes that do reach him and being demonstrative on the field with complaints. Not to mention the way he seemed to give up on plays against Chicago. He's not blameless in this

I've always been a big fan of Winslow's, but this crap is getting ridiculous.  I didn't even mind his losing a step, but when he's dropping balls on top of it - I can't put up with that crap.

The quitting on plays is childish.  Man-up, soldier boy.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#42 : October 24, 2011, 09:44:03 PM

Same here. I've stuck up for him because he really hasn't done anything bad since he has been here and people still try to label him as a trouble maker....but now he is living up to the label. I'm pretty much over him. I honestly think we might be better off without him.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 24, 2011, 10:19:35 PM

How many drops does K2 have this year?

I do not agree with him flailing his arms to and fro, most notably after a wild pass thrown his direction in which he was wide open, but Graham on Tampa would be nothing.  What has he done to be considered a "quitter"?

Bucs have talent.  It is either a lack of coordination, an accuracy issue, or both.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#44 : October 24, 2011, 10:42:41 PM

How many drops does K2 have this year?

Four.  That's 4th most among TE's.

He only had three all of last season, yet four through seven games this year.  It's an issue.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Myron Lewis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools