Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Tebowing"...... really?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#30 : October 29, 2011, 04:17:08 PM

Was Dungy the great black christian hope?
I imagine so. Tebow is a terrible QB but offers people a white light of hope because of the stupidity of a lot of professional athletes.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 29, 2011, 04:32:18 PM

I imagine so. Tebow is a terrible QB but offers people a white light of hope because of the stupidity of a lot of professional athletes.
What "people" are offered hope?

What "professional athletes" are you speaking of?

Assuming there are "a lot", name me just a few, or even generalize please...

Reread your statement.  Juxtaposed, your sentence could be interpreted as... "The stupidity of a lot of athletes enables Tebow to offer people hope but he's a terrible QB."

Sorry, it made no sense to me...  I DO get this:

Bad QB... Yes.
Christian fundamentalist that gives hope to other Christians...  I can see that.
"because of the stupidity of a lot of professional athletes"...  I got nothing.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#32 : October 29, 2011, 04:55:06 PM

Made no sense - think he's trying to recover from the Great White Hope thing - not realizing that most of the NFL QBs are White.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#33 : October 29, 2011, 05:20:08 PM

Terrible QB check
White Christian that many white christians get behind simply because he is white and christian. Check
Is a great white light for a lot of people because he isn't a criminal or a showboat. Check.
Just wait till you see the Fred Phelps people wearing the Donks Tebow jersey's.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 29, 2011, 05:35:10 PM

Tebow can pray all he wants, and all for him doing it if it makes him happy.  I'm all for people following along with him and hoping he succeeds.  But, all the hope and prayers won't help him be a better QB.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 29, 2011, 06:13:52 PM

But, all the hope and prayers won't help him be a better QB.

Huh?
How do you know this?

blackthoughtz

Starter

#36 : October 29, 2011, 06:26:00 PM

And if Tebow were the QB here, you'd say you'd rather have Tebow.

I really don't understand you.....You don't like Freeman because he's too big or whatever, but you would love the equivalent of having Peyton Hillis behind center throwing passes every sunday....weird

\\\"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.\\\"

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 29, 2011, 06:34:32 PM

Michael Myers... you're **CENSORED**ing CREEPY.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 29, 2011, 06:45:36 PM

Terrible QB check
White Christian that many white christians get behind simply because he is white and christian. Check
Is a great white light for a lot of people because he isn't a criminal or a showboat. Check.
Just wait till you see the Fred Phelps people wearing the Donks Tebow jersey's.

Is it your goal to make every post worse than your last?

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 29, 2011, 06:47:55 PM

But, all the hope and prayers won't help him be a better QB.

Huh?
How do you know this?

Because God probably doesn't exist, and if he's praying for success, it violates the third commandment.

That being said, more power to him.  Let the man pray wherever he wants, as long as it doesn't inconvenience anyone around him.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#40 : October 29, 2011, 06:53:59 PM

What if I told you that prayer can be a form of meditation - making him relax before the game to a point of better performance.

Would you still say that prayer doesn't make him better?

No response needed.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 29, 2011, 07:04:31 PM

What if I told you that prayer can be a form of meditation - making him relax before the game to a point of better performance.

Would you still say that prayer doesn't make him better?

No response needed.

That's complete, unfounded speculation.  I don't necessarily disagree, but that's a pretty weak rebuttal.  Someone more qualified in the act of mediation might argue that depressing your adrenaline on the field of battle would have detrimental effects, especially to someone like Tebow who relies so much on strength and power and improvisation instead of precision and timing.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : October 29, 2011, 07:23:17 PM

That being said, more power to him.  Let the man pray wherever he wants....
This ^^^^^^^^^

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 29, 2011, 07:26:59 PM

Have you ever heard Tebow pray? Not his post-game give thanks to God standard interview - but his actual private prayer? (Rhetorical question).

It's complete, unfounded speculation on your part that he's thanking God for TDs or his own performance.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 29, 2011, 07:30:07 PM

Have you ever heard Tebow pray? Not his post-game give thanks to God standard interview - but his actual private prayer? (Rhetorical question).

It's complete, unfounded speculation on your part that he's thanking God for TDs or his own performance.

I never said he was thanking God for his performance.  I insinuated that he shouldn't do that, because it breaks one of the Big Ten.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Tebowing"...... really?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools