Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: random bye week thoughts « previous next »
Page: 1 2

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

: October 28, 2011, 08:11:15 PM

1. I hate rankings, and stats are for fantasy geeks. Every time I turn around I see "run D ranking this", "pass O ranking that", "Special teams ranking" and "where does Raheem rank in terms of..."
The Bucs are 4-3 and 2-0 in the division at the bye so take your stats and shovel them.

2. Could it be a sophmore slump? I know Freeman isn't technically a sophmore but this is his 2nd season where he started game 1. Along with the struggles of Mike Williams, we could be seeing Free and the gang suffering from the 2nd yr slump. This year, defenses are playing Free like they know what he's doing as opposed to last season where he looked like this years Newton. Mike Williams has to learn how to beat doubles and not take his spidey gloves for granted and Free needs to go through his progressions faster and stick the ball on his throws. After awesome rookie campaigns, it's the 2nd season that serves as a buzz kill for a number of reasons mainly deflated egos.
How Free adjust in the 2nd half will say a lot about where he is as the franchises undisputed leader.

3. Without looking at the stats, my eyes tell me the defense is doing too much reading and not enough reacting. A lot of that is inexperience and I must pray for patience when watching but  the blown plays here and there due to slow reading is maddening to watch. I have to remind myself this Bucs teams is very young and will suffer growing pains but some things are just plain unforgivable.

4. Inconcistency. From the top down this team is too inconcistent and it's plain unacceptable. The Bucs looked confident and focused against Atl and N.O. but looked confused in just about every other game. WHy? Why can't they put in the same effort for every game like they do divisional games?
The Inconcistency is not just from game to game but qrtr to qrtr and half to half. WTF? I'm tired of hearing Rah and Free making excuses. Man up and just say "we stole money today."

5. Talib. I've been a staunch supporter of this guy from day one even through his legal troubles but his antics are wearing thin on me. I thought he had a great game against the Saints but so did every other player. If i'm an opposing coach, I'm telling my recievers and backs to talk trash to him all game and he will return the favor in penaltys and yards and may even get tossed.
He's slowly moving from asset to liability in my book.

6. Bucs cheerleaders.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 28, 2011, 09:35:01 PM

About rankings..........I believe it was last year the Chargers were first in offense, and first in defense and missed the playoffs.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 28, 2011, 10:05:04 PM

I hate when ppl use stats to validate their opinions.

Mike Williams might lead the lead in dropped passes but he's still a threat every pass play and
In the redzone.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 28, 2011, 10:08:24 PM

I hate when ppl use stats to validate their opinions.

Mike Williams might lead the lead in dropped passes but he's still a threat every pass play and
In the redzone.

Redzone?   Ya if the defender doesn't snatch the ball out of his hands.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 28, 2011, 10:10:26 PM

I hate when ppl use stats to validate their opinions. .

Ditto.  I'd much prefer people to have opinions that have no factual basis.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 28, 2011, 10:12:11 PM

I hate when ppl use stats to validate their opinions. .

Ditto.  I'd much prefer people to have opinions that have no factual basis.

LOL

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 28, 2011, 10:12:33 PM

Notice how much attn he drew one that play?
Free should have never threw it to him.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 28, 2011, 10:14:31 PM

Another good call.  If Williams had of actually caught the ball, then Tampa would have had a TD.  Freeman should know better than that.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 28, 2011, 10:15:02 PM

If your talking the goal line play to Mike, he had the catch and the defender took it away for the pick.  Mike needs to hit the weight room I think.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 28, 2011, 10:15:14 PM

You're blaming Freeman because MW19 is MC80 2.0?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 28, 2011, 10:20:05 PM

Mike should have caught the ball. BUT, he did have two db's all over him as soon as the ball arrived. Not even the best of NFL wideouts will consistently make that play. There was 1 Buc and 2 Bears there when the ball arrived. To make this a factual statistically valid point, Mike Williams had a 33.333333333% chance of catching the ball.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 28, 2011, 10:21:44 PM

Mike should have caught the ball. BUT, he did have two db's all over him as soon as the ball arrived. Not even the best of NFL wideouts will consistently make that play. There was 1 Buc and 2 Bears there when the ball arrived. To make this a factual statistically valid point, Mike Williams had a 33.333333333% chance of catching the ball.

Hmm I played receiver and caught the ball just fine with multiple guys around me hmm...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 28, 2011, 10:25:01 PM

To make this a factual statistically valid point, Mike Williams had a 33.333333333% chance of catching the ball.

It appears you're being serious.  You shouldn't be.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 28, 2011, 10:25:03 PM

Hmm I played receiver and caught the ball just fine with multiple guys around me hmm...

Link?

I played WR, too. And that ball was a WR's nightmare.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 28, 2011, 10:27:08 PM

Well, BFT since you also played WR you should know the hardest catch to make is when you get hit from behind just as the ball arrives. Unless you have your hands on the ball already, you aren't making that catch 99.9% of the time.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: random bye week thoughts « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools