Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: random bye week thoughts « previous next »
Page: 1 2

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 28, 2011, 10:30:55 PM

Free forced that pass. He needs to find single coverage or run one that play.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 28, 2011, 10:39:53 PM

Notice how much attn he drew one that play?
Free should have never threw it to him.

You're blaming Freeman because MW19 is MC80 2.0?
I blame Free b/c his decision making is questionable. Sadly

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 28, 2011, 10:45:49 PM

I disagree that MW19 is MC80. Far different players.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 28, 2011, 10:49:36 PM

yea, gruden ruined MC80

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 28, 2011, 10:52:41 PM

Not that different. They both aren't very good at creating seperation, both drop a lot of passes, and both as of now are one year wonders. One thing though is Clayton could actually block, Williams on the other hand cannot

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 28, 2011, 10:53:44 PM

Well, BFT since you also played WR you should know the hardest catch to make is when you get hit from behind just as the ball arrives. Unless you have your hands on the ball already, you aren't making that catch 99.9% of the time.

I never had trouble handling a catch in any situations at all, but I never really drop balls ever, so I can't really say I know what it's like

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 28, 2011, 10:54:40 PM

I hate when ppl use stats to validate their opinions. .

Ditto.  I'd much prefer people to have opinions that have no factual basis.

Some people don't understand the importance of numbers.  Fantasy football stats?  Go ahead and throw em to the dogs.  But there are numerous numerical indicators of success in the NFL, things that need to be paid the proper attention.  To completely ignore numbers is ignorant.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 28, 2011, 11:14:54 PM

I hate when ppl use stats to validate their opinions. .

Ditto.  I'd much prefer people to have opinions that have no factual basis.

Some people don't understand the importance of numbers.  Fantasy football stats?  Go ahead and throw em to the dogs.  But there are numerous numerical indicators of success in the NFL, things that need to be paid the proper attention.  To completely ignore numbers is ignorant.
agreed. Numbers good, stats bad.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 29, 2011, 06:04:13 PM

I never played football (I have the athletic skills of a sand flea, and I'm short), but it seemed like that play was bad on both sides. Free shouldn't have thrown it, but did. Williams should have secured the catch, but didn't.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 29, 2011, 11:43:50 PM

Well, BFT since you also played WR you should know the hardest catch to make is when you get hit from behind just as the ball arrives. Unless you have your hands on the ball already, you aren't making that catch 99.9% of the time.

I never had trouble handling a catch in any situations at all, but I never really drop balls ever, so I can't really say I know what it's like

LOL at your response. You are full of baloney, dude. I can tell you're full of it by your response. Why aren't you on TV? Why not go pro if you never dropped a ball, especially when you got hit from behind like he did? I'm talking about REAL football, dude, not Madden. If you really played WR you would be saying how nasty that was. And as a WR you think he should have caught it? LOL.

When you get hit from behind, especially the way he did, your neck snaps back, and your sight is altered. As soon as the ball hit his fingertips(maybe before) he gets hit from behind. His sight was definitely altered and he never had the ball in his hands. Yet he should have caught that? Ok Mr. Perfect. Whatever. Go back to playing Madden where you make that catch 100% of the time.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 29, 2011, 11:47:36 PM

Free forced that pass. He needs to find single coverage or run one that play.

I agree on finding single coverage, but Free put it in a spot where normally, only the WR can get it. That is one of those plays where the DB's just made a spectacular play. It happens.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 29, 2011, 11:51:03 PM

LOL at your response. You are full of baloney, dude. I can tell you're full of it by your response. Why aren't you on TV? Why not go pro if you never dropped a ball, especially when you got hit from behind like he did? I'm talking about REAL football, dude, not Madden. If you really played WR you would be saying how nasty that was. And as a WR you think he should have caught it? LOL.

When you get hit from behind, especially the way he did, your neck snaps back, and your sight is altered. As soon as the ball hit his fingertips(maybe before) he gets hit from behind. His sight was definitely altered and he never had the ball in his hands. Yet he should have caught that? Ok Mr. Perfect. Whatever. Go back to playing Madden where you make that catch 100% of the time.

Yeah real football. I am barely 5'6" that should answer any question you have asked if you played football...

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 30, 2011, 01:38:57 AM

Oh yeah, that clears everything up for me. Isn't it past your bedtime?

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: random bye week thoughts « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools